BROS I'm so heart broken and disgusted by the things that happen in my city

solarius49

Banned
So I work at a sneaker/sporting goods store, on the East Side of Pittsburgh. We have a great relationship with the community, and I know alot of the peewee football players and their families, and alot of the kids that I knew as Peewee players are NFL players/college players now (Brandon Marshall, Darrin Walls, Kevan Barlow)

So today, at the 7-8 year old game, 3 dudes started fighting in the stands, and one of the dudes pulled out a strap and started shooting randomly, hitting 3 people, 2 of which were innocent middle aged FEMALE bystanders. This is the 3rd time in 4 years this has happened. This particular event escalated because of a facebook argument.

It really breaks my heart that they are going to take football away from these kids. Without that distracting them from alot of the realities in their lives, where are they going to turn? I can answer that question, just from knowing the kids; the streets. Thats not hyperbole either, thats real. Most of these kids come from INCREDIBLY low income families, so football is often times an escape for them. It gives them a way to spend their time without getting in trouble, and allows them to have genuine fun with their peers

One particular kid, Ive known since he was 10 or 11 probably, got his team shut down because of a shooting at a game a few years ago. 2 summers later, he got shot in his head. Thats real life man

Peewee football, especially for these kids serves another purpose. It prepares them for high school, and if they perform in high school, can lead to college scholarships. For better or for worse, if it wasnt for football, most of these kids would never even give a second thought for college.

But I guess that facebook argument was that serious

/rant

[COLOR=#red]sad smh..this is why i support the "I WANT TO GROW UP" movement[/COLOR]

sucks to hear, especially since the ones affected most are the kids
too many problems in this world

I have no mercy for people who spray with children and women nearby.

The system is real.

Dudes in Chicago already have keys in hand jogging to car, when they pick up dates they leave the passenger door open and slow down just enough for her to get a good sprint going and dive in.

sad smh..this is why i support the "I WANT TO GROW UP" movement
Oh really? Nice avatar. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Lesson learned. Get out the ghetto ASAP and dont go back You can't change people, but you can change your environment. Football is great but not if it is a detriment to your life.

Lesson learned. Get out the ghetto ASAP and dont go back You can't change people, but you can change your environment. Football is great but not if it is a detriment to your life.

This has to stop being seen as a positive option, abandoning your community creates a perpetual cycle.

I have no mercy for people who spray with children and women nearby.​

The system is real.​

Same no mercy at all. Spraying when innocent people are around is :smh:

Handle it on your own time. Like let's be real dudes are so dumb you hitting bystanders and not even your target.

Back
Top Bottom