Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I think it's important to note that in Silva's recent bouts as well as Machida's (Team Blackhouse) they inlisted the help of Steven Segal who is an Aikido master to help them. Now in both Silva's and Machida's last fights they both won via front kick to the face...very rare to see a fighter K.O. a person off a front kick...

Now Bruce is known for his speed and his range of kicks...also his JKD borrowed alot from different styles...epsecially Aikido.

It's said that speed is the determining factor when skill's are already superb...without a doubt both Anderson and Lee have superb skills...but if it comes down to speed...Bruce got Anderson beat. Accuracy...Bruce still has Anderson beat. People talk about Anderson's reach but what about Bruce's range/flexibility especially in the hips/legs.

I consider anderson a very unorthodox type of fighter...but he seems to stay unorthodox when trying to learn forgot moves from the past....who's a master at moves from the past...Bruce Lee.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I think it's important to note that in Silva's recent bouts as well as Machida's (Team Blackhouse) they inlisted the help of Steven Segal who is an Aikido master to help them. Now in both Silva's and Machida's last fights they both won via front kick to the face...very rare to see a fighter K.O. a person off a front kick...

Now Bruce is known for his speed and his range of kicks...also his JKD borrowed alot from different styles...epsecially Aikido.

It's said that speed is the determining factor when skill's are already superb...without a doubt both Anderson and Lee have superb skills...but if it comes down to speed...Bruce got Anderson beat. Accuracy...Bruce still has Anderson beat. People talk about Anderson's reach but what about Bruce's range/flexibility especially in the hips/legs.

I consider anderson a very unorthodox type of fighter...but he seems to stay unorthodox when trying to learn forgot moves from the past....who's a master at moves from the past...Bruce Lee.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

No. Seagel did not teach Silva those moves. Seagel didn't start training Silva until camp times for UFC 117. Silva already had these moves in his arsenal. Seagel is just full of himself. Dude bashed MMA like crazy until Black house invited him to coach.

No. Seagel did not teach Silva those moves. Seagel didn't start training Silva until camp times for UFC 117. Silva already had these moves in his arsenal. Seagel is just full of himself. Dude bashed MMA like crazy until Black house invited him to coach.

Great thread both are my favorite Martial Artist ever.

In real life Bruce, in a sports fight Silva due to size.

Let's be real if Bruce existed today would he even compete?

Great thread both are my favorite Martial Artist ever.

In real life Bruce, in a sports fight Silva due to size.

Let's be real if Bruce existed today would he even compete?

Originally Posted by quik1987

BEEN seen this. My statement still stands true that Seagel did not teach him that kick.

BEEN seen this. My statement still stands true that Seagel did not teach him that kick.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

LOL did someone really bring in how much weight Bruce Lee BICEP CURLED???

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Hand speed x bicep strength = serious uppercut brah

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

LOL did someone really bring in how much weight Bruce Lee BICEP CURLED???

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Hand speed x bicep strength = serious uppercut brah

I'm a huge fan of Bruce Lee, but Anderson Silva is bigger, and he can wrestle so I'm thinking he'd have to be considered a pretty big favorite...

that being said, I think either could conceivably win a fight/catch each other, it's not out of question that Bruce Lee could catch him or something, but it's hard to say how good Bruce Lee would be in a street or cage fight vs someone bigger and who is a world class athlete, even tho we know he was a physical freak with incredible skills

I'm a huge fan of Bruce Lee, but Anderson Silva is bigger, and he can wrestle so I'm thinking he'd have to be considered a pretty big favorite...

that being said, I think either could conceivably win a fight/catch each other, it's not out of question that Bruce Lee could catch him or something, but it's hard to say how good Bruce Lee would be in a street or cage fight vs someone bigger and who is a world class athlete, even tho we know he was a physical freak with incredible skills

But he helped him perfect it. Anderson Silva has not previously K.O.ed someone with a front kick. AND THEN Machida does the same thing? It's not a coincidence brah. He said it from his own muoth. You are going to deny the evidence presented? I'm sure you can front kick too, can you K.O. Vitor Belfort or Randy Couture with it?

But he helped him perfect it. Anderson Silva has not previously K.O.ed someone with a front kick. AND THEN Machida does the same thing? It's not a coincidence brah. He said it from his own muoth. You are going to deny the evidence presented? I'm sure you can front kick too, can you K.O. Vitor Belfort or Randy Couture with it?

Not without the help of Steven Seagel!!!!!!!

Not without the help of Steven Seagel!!!!!!!

To everyone saying Bruce Lee would win hands down, can you guys post a link to an actual fight of his? I mean everybody is convinced he would win and to my knowledge he has no videos of his bouts. I can honestly say I have not seen Bruce Lee actually fighting.

To everyone saying Bruce Lee would win hands down, can you guys post a link to an actual fight of his? I mean everybody is convinced he would win and to my knowledge he has no videos of his bouts. I can honestly say I have not seen Bruce Lee actually fighting.

Back
Top Bottom