Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

Originally Posted by isiahil

To everyone saying Bruce Lee would win hands down, can you guys post a link to an actual fight of his? I mean everybody is convinced he would win and to my knowledge he has no videos of his bouts. I can honestly say I have not seen Bruce Lee actually fighting.

When I was younger, My Tae Kwon Do instructor brought in his Master. Master Jhoon Rhee (Google him if you don't know him, but he trained and is best friends with Bruce Lee).

He spoke to us about the essence behind Martial Arts and also spoke about Bruce Lee. He told us what he went through to bring JKD to America and all the fights and challenges he went through just to bring a glimpse of Martial Arts to our world.

Anyway, he said that he had never seen anybody quicker, faster or more skilled than Bruce Lee. He annihilated anybody that stood in front of him. His intelligence to discover your weaknesses what his biggest advantage.

As for video proof, there isn't much out there. Just like trying to find a video of Wilt Chamberlain or Babe Ruth or Jim Thorpe... ect.

At the end of they day, i'll take the word of somebody that stood by him and fought by him, then youtube highlights.

To everyone saying Bruce Lee would win hands down, can you guys post a link to an actual fight of his? I mean everybody is convinced he would win and to my knowledge he has no videos of his bouts. I can honestly say I have not seen Bruce Lee actually fighting.

When I was younger, My Tae Kwon Do instructor brought in his Master. Master Jhoon Rhee (Google him if you don't know him, but he trained and is best friends with Bruce Lee).

He spoke to us about the essence behind Martial Arts and also spoke about Bruce Lee. He told us what he went through to bring JKD to America and all the fights and challenges he went through just to bring a glimpse of Martial Arts to our world.

Anyway, he said that he had never seen anybody quicker, faster or more skilled than Bruce Lee. He annihilated anybody that stood in front of him. His intelligence to discover your weaknesses what his biggest advantage.

As for video proof, there isn't much out there. Just like trying to find a video of Wilt Chamberlain or Babe Ruth or Jim Thorpe... ect.

At the end of they day, i'll take the word of somebody that stood by him and fought by him, then youtube highlights.

So to clarify, Bruce Lee comes up from the grave like thriller and doesn't have the usual 8 weeks fighters have to train right?

Also again, from their own mouth.

Help perfect =/= teach

2:40 and I don't even care about Seagal, I think he's a herb. But do those K.O.s happen without him? Silva said it, Lyoto said it, Seagal said it, theres video of them training the kick, what more do you want?

So to clarify, Bruce Lee comes up from the grave like thriller and doesn't have the usual 8 weeks fighters have to train right?

Help perfect =/= teach

2:40 and I don't even care about Seagal, I think he's a herb. But do those K.O.s happen without him? Silva said it, Lyoto said it, Seagal said it, theres video of them training the kick, what more do you want?

Originally Posted by quik1987

Help perfect =/= teach

It's well known that Seagal didn't teach them this kick in the MMA community. Google. Anyway.  You misunderstood what Bas was saying. He meant Bruce Lee from the past. It's the same with the Time Machine analogy I gave earlier. Which is why he then goes on to say He think Bruce would do well if he was taught the fighting techniques of today. That's really as much as you CAN say for Bruce Lee as all of his footage is of training or movies.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Help perfect =/= teach

It's well known that Seagal didn't teach them this kick in the MMA community. Google. Anyway.  You misunderstood what Bas was saying. He meant Bruce Lee from the past. It's the same with the Time Machine analogy I gave earlier. Which is why he then goes on to say He think Bruce would do well if he was taught the fighting techniques of today. That's really as much as you CAN say for Bruce Lee as all of his footage is of training or movies.

Doggie can you not see where is says

help perfect =/= teach

You gonna take what some sherdog mcdojo dudes say over Silva, Machida, and Seagal themselves? Stop dodging the question.

IDGAF about Bas, I'm talking about the consensus agreement from the people in the forum. Bruce Lee with no preparation right?

Furthermore nowhere in this thread have I said Bruce Lee would beat Silva, I'm simply providing information so that people don't say things like, Bruce Lee was just an actor.

Bruce Lee is the definition of being about that life.

Doggie can you not see where is says

help perfect =/= teach

You gonna take what some sherdog mcdojo dudes say over Silva, Machida, and Seagal themselves? Stop dodging the question.

IDGAF about Bas, I'm talking about the consensus agreement from the people in the forum. Bruce Lee with no preparation right?

Furthermore nowhere in this thread have I said Bruce Lee would beat Silva, I'm simply providing information so that people don't say things like, Bruce Lee was just an actor.

Bruce Lee is the definition of being about that life.

Cmon. Seagal is the epitome of Mcdojo. Sure. I'll bite..Seagal "taught" Anderson Silva how to use his chi in a teep. As for the "preparation". Not sure what you mean. It would be either preparation for both or no fighters. Or do you mean Lee gets taught by today's coaches on new techniques? Yes, Lee was way more than an actor. He was physically gifted and made his own fighting style. He was an inspiration to millions.

Cmon. Seagal is the epitome of Mcdojo. Sure. I'll bite..Seagal "taught" Anderson Silva how to use his chi in a teep. As for the "preparation". Not sure what you mean. It would be either preparation for both or no fighters. Or do you mean Lee gets taught by today's coaches on new techniques? Yes, Lee was way more than an actor. He was physically gifted and made his own fighting style. He was an inspiration to millions.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but this is kind of my point. Bruce Lee is a myth to me. Everyone heard about how good he was at fighting, but no one actually seen him fight. I mean not once did Bruce Lee want to have an actual fight on camera? He had to get challenged a lot and offered money to do it back then. I have a hard time believing any human being can fight as good as people claim Bruce Lee could have.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but this is kind of my point. Bruce Lee is a myth to me. Everyone heard about how good he was at fighting, but no one actually seen him fight. I mean not once did Bruce Lee want to have an actual fight on camera? He had to get challenged a lot and offered money to do it back then. I have a hard time believing any human being can fight as good as people claim Bruce Lee could have.

These Bruce Lee threads on NT are always pure comedy. Dudes come up with some of the tallest tales...I remember a few years back, dude was convinced that Bruce Lee could throw dry rice in the air and catch the grains w. chopsticks.
laugh.gif

These Bruce Lee threads on NT are always pure comedy. Dudes come up with some of the tallest tales...I remember a few years back, dude was convinced that Bruce Lee could throw dry rice in the air and catch the grains w. chopsticks.
laugh.gif

Everyone is talking about stand-up. Anderson's no wrestler, but if this fight goes to the ground, I'm taking Anderson. Being as smart as he is, he'd probably test the waters standing up, but if he didn't have his way, just 1 timed takedown and it's only a matter of time before a limb is broken or Lee is choked out. With that said, both are great fighters and is/was very entertaining to watch.

Everyone is talking about stand-up. Anderson's no wrestler, but if this fight goes to the ground, I'm taking Anderson. Being as smart as he is, he'd probably test the waters standing up, but if he didn't have his way, just 1 timed takedown and it's only a matter of time before a limb is broken or Lee is choked out. With that said, both are great fighters and is/was very entertaining to watch.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Lee vs. Tyson.
Who would win?
This thread popped up like a year ago and the slurpage was off the charts. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen people say Bruce Lee > Tyson, Bruce Lee > Ali and now Bruce Lee > Silva.

I'm seeing a fanboy pattern.

I'm not discrediting Bruce at all but this n_ was still human. 
sick.gif

Ya'll talking bout him slowing down for Film reels like frame rates in 1950s-1960s were that advanced.

Ya'll talking bout him sparring with Kareem Abdul Jabbar like Kareem's #1 job (at the end of the day) wasn't putting a ball in a hoop. Even though he "studied" Jeet Kune Do.

I mean go back and read some of these responses. 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Props to those who are providing respectable evidence, though.

Man dudes live in a fairy tale world. You can't tell these cats ANYTHING. 
Dudes think Bruce Lee can stop a heat seeking missile with a damn deep breath and swift kick. 

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Lee vs. Tyson.
Who would win?
This thread popped up like a year ago and the slurpage was off the charts. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen people say Bruce Lee > Tyson, Bruce Lee > Ali and now Bruce Lee > Silva.

I'm seeing a fanboy pattern.

I'm not discrediting Bruce at all but this n_ was still human. 
sick.gif

Ya'll talking bout him slowing down for Film reels like frame rates in 1950s-1960s were that advanced.

Ya'll talking bout him sparring with Kareem Abdul Jabbar like Kareem's #1 job (at the end of the day) wasn't putting a ball in a hoop. Even though he "studied" Jeet Kune Do.

I mean go back and read some of these responses. 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Props to those who are providing respectable evidence, though.

Man dudes live in a fairy tale world. You can't tell these cats ANYTHING. 
Dudes think Bruce Lee can stop a heat seeking missile with a damn deep breath and swift kick. 

Back
Top Bottom