Bryant Gumbel - "David Stern like a modern plantation overseer"

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

One huge publicity stunt for his show. I never knew he had a show until now and I'm sure he's going to gain some viewers because of this.

Show's been solid for over 15 years.

One huge publicity stunt for his show. I never knew he had a show until now and I'm sure he's going to gain some viewers because of this.
LOL. His show dropped the same day Raekwon's OB4CL did.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I never said it wasn't solid. So because it's been on for 15 years means he doesn't want to get his name out there and attract new viewers?

Jason Whitlock hit the nail on the head. Its the same thing the NFLPA did. Play the sympathy game with the media, and the fans. And they got $$%!%@. At that level being the sheep doesnt work.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I never said it wasn't solid. So because it's been on for 15 years means he doesn't want to get his name out there and attract new viewers?
grin.gif

Gumbel > Your favorite journalist 

There are no sides to like or dislike in the situation IMO. They both know what needs to be done fairly but are drawing it out because it's a game and neither Hunter nor Stern wants the media in the morning after it's over to say they "lost." It's all about egos. So we have to sit and wait this out until something gives.

Stern works for the owners and oversees the league. We shouldnt be shocked at anything he does, everything is calculated.

And I agree the players for the most part need to shut up publicly. Go hit the gym and come out when it's time. I don't need to see your twitter hashtags or group T-shirts walking around NYC. And it's only a matter of time before we get a Ewing or Sprewell comment/tweet again and it's only going to turn the public against you.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by rashi

I'll get exploited to make a $20 million a year.

Since you're not elite basketball players that isn't an option, though.

Damn I forgot. NBA players had a gun to their head to play basketball in their youth. Sorry.

lol like every nba player makes Kobe/Lebron/Carmelo money.
most nba players bank 8 mil in their career.
dont forget agents and fam and all the others included in the nba life.

david stern treats NBA players like they're LUCKY to even have the chance to play.
on the flip side, Stern is VERY LUCKY that they can draw a crowd. if the nba sucked and was unpopular, no one would be making anything.
the players are the main draw. thats why there are no Owners with Nike contracts.
why should the people who just watch you work, not even tell you what to do, make more money than you, when you earn all the money?

Gumbel is 1000% correct.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

lol like every nba player makes Kobe/Lebron/Carmelo money.
most nba players bank 8 mil in their career.
dont forget agents and fam and all the others included in the nba life.

Tell that to the 99%, bro.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with the players because I wouldn't want to take a paycut because of the owners bad business decisions. To assert the players are being treated like slaves is ridiculous. Slaves were being held against their will, the players are binded by a contract that is worth millions. If they choose to retire they get a pension.

What people fail to realize that the NBA is a PLAYER'S LEAGUE. The players have the owners by the balls, one player can have an affect on entire franchise. In Free Agency, the players always have the upper hand. Now compare that to the NFL, these players can get cut at anytime for any reason, even when injured lose health benefits, ect.. Basketball is the least physically and mentally demanding sports of the Top 4 sports in the U.S.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

The players have the owners by the balls,
Basketball is the least physically and mentally demanding sports of the Top 4 sports in the U.S.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

You honestly think that basketball is more demanding than Football, Hockey, and Baseball? I'd love to hear this logic.

The players have the owners by the balls,
Basketball is the least physically and mentally demanding sports of the Top 4 sports in the U.S.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

You honestly think that basketball is more demanding than Football, Hockey, and Baseball? I'd love to hear this logic.

Baseball my dude?  You can play baseball everyday if you not a pitcher. 
laugh.gif
  Football and Hockey yes but baseball? Naw

Originally Posted by MonStar1

laugh.gif

Have you ever played baseball for a traveling team, high school, or college?

I'm with you on Football and Hockey. But Baseball is more physically demanding than Professional Basketball? Cmon dude. Aside from maybe a pitcher and/or catcher there is no comparison. 

Damn.  Everyone hating on Stern.  I see people are even mad at him for this lockout.  Why?  People should be looking at the owners and the players.
I can't believe people are still complaining about him instituting a dress code.  Is it that big of a deal?  He's just asking them not to dress like slobs.  A shirt and pants is fair.  I'm sure people who work in offices hate having to dress up but that comes with the job.  NBA players are playing a game they love, make millions and have summers off.  You're always working for someone else and have to follow what rules they put in place.

Damn I forgot. NBA players had a gun to their head to play basketball in their youth. Sorry.

Yes, because you have to have a gun to your head to be exploited? Genius logic.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

laugh.gif

Have you ever played baseball for a traveling team, high school, or college?

Have you ever played on a traveling basketball team? AAU, high school, or college? Get outta here man
laugh.gif

RASHI DO YOU UNDERSTAND LOGIC? 
EXPLOITATION IS STILL EXPLOITATION

NOBODY IS SAYING NBA PLAYERS ARE LIVING LIKE SLAVES

YOU ARE BASICALLY SAYING THAT SINCE THEY MAKE AN AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. 
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
alien.gif

Whats it matter? I'd "go through" everything these dudes go through for $20 mill a year. AND then retire at the age of 35.
laugh.gif
  Don't look too deep into it, I don't feel sorry for any of these elite basketball players.

Back
Top Bottom