Building a Better NikeTalk: What are your favorite website designs/layouts?

Kanyetothe is way too simplistic imo. Functionally it's great but it has no character. Allhiphop.com recently underwent a total overhaul and their forum is now gorgeous in my opinion. Powered by something called vanilla forums. Check it http://community.allhiphop.com/

The site is clean and I really like their rep feature. Here's a screenshot.
rszwvm.jpg

I don't think we should go with vBulletin. I'm a fan of Vanilla personally, although vBulletin has all of these features/plugins you guys love from hip hop forums... Mostly because all the hip hop forums use vBulletin.. 
grin.gif

Admin team check this out if you haven't already.

http://vanillaforums.org/

Also, for those who have been begging for a mobile friendly version of NT, it comes equipped with the tools to make that a reality

http://vanillaforums.com/features/mobile-friendly#toc

Troll Management tools

http://vanillaforums.com/features/moderation#toc

And something I found pretty cool, Badges

http://vanillaforums.com/features/reactions-badges-gamification#toc

If you go to hypebeast forum you will see that the whole tile for each forum is clickable not just the text
2eggnpf.png

Also i think it's better to have the author of each thread under the title instead of it's own column
359dbhj.png

Originally Posted by quik1987

If you go to hypebeast forum you will see that the whole tile for each forum is clickable not just the text
Also i think it's better to have the author of each thread under the title instead of it's own column
those are two nice feature...
question about the tile clicking... do you see a preview when you hover over the link, just like we have now on NT?

Sponsors on the forum that pay monthly fees. Make Niketalk more money and eliminates the clutter by having a sponsor only section.

vBulletin or some other platform would be great.. but to the people asking for it, I don't think you can transfer a yuku database to something like vb or phpbb. I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Not really important but it would be nice if we could change our SNs, if we wanted.
idk man, at first I wanted to change my sn aswell but every body has theirs for years and you greow accustom to it. I would feel weird seeing you or another NTer with a rep post from a different sn.

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

just leave it how it is. if it were to change members would leave.

the other site made the change and lost so many members. that site is garbage now.

i hope we stay the same.

I like the layout as is. Just the single ad on top is fine. I've seen sites make changes and then ads and sponsors pop up everywhere.

No guests can view posts, you gotta be signed in.

Have an option to display your location under your SN/Avatar.

Multi-quote button

Honestly speaking can you fix the buy sell forum? I hate to say it but that is the one thing they have over here.
- can you allow us to "bump" our listings? At least once every 2 days..my listings fall in to the background and when searching I have to go back 5+ pages
- can you make the search more specific? Nike / Jordan / new balance / etc..
- make the search by actual sizes..not just general like 9.5 - 11.. it's so cluttered and makes the search that much more difficult

Didn't read all the comments.. but please don't change the color scheme for the fonts/type. That is all I ask.

Dirtylicious wrote:
quik1987 wrote:
question about the tile clicking... do you see a preview when you hover over the link, just like we have now on NT?

This can be done with simple code. I like that idea, by the way. Tiles are simple upgrades that can really revamp the entire feel. Tables are definitely old school. Also, a fixed centered layout >>>...

I personally, would like to see more color options. I like the light on dark, high contrast we have going on, but it would be cool to see other options. Maybe a cool purple or blue to replace the red as alternatives. You could use other popular Nike colorways instead of this one.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Dirtylicious wrote:
quik1987 wrote:

This can be done with simple code. I like that idea, by the way. Tiles are simple upgrades that can really revamp the entire feel. Tables are definitely old school. Also, a fixed centered layout >>>...

I personally, would like to see more color options. I like the light on dark, high contrast we have going on, but it would be cool to see other options. Maybe a cool purple or blue to replace the red as alternatives. You could use other popular Nike colorways instead of this one.
The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Dirtylicious wrote:
quik1987 wrote:

I remember a long time ago.. we were able to have our own custom skins for the board...I dont' remember if that was ezboard or yuku
never used it though..

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Have an "@" capability with a notifcation system...

So if someone mentions my name in a thread Via @Kaycurrency, there will be a notification on my NT notification tool bar

Great idea, I'm all for that.

Back
Top Bottom