Calif. Supreme Court to take up GAY MARRIAGE BAN...... possibly overturn the vote???

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by CWrite78

laugh.gif
@ religion. i feel sorry for you that use w/e excuse the 'bible' tells you.. can't even come up with your own reasoning. have to go hide under your pastor's skirt whenever you're asked to bring up valid points.
happy.gif
God Bless you man.

what does that have to do my question? lol their reasoning for prop 8 is on a educational standpoint supposedly

my question is aren't children exposed to homosexuality RIGHT NOW? why are people acting like if it's taught in classrooms that would be the

ONLY way children would be exposed to this lifestyle what's next banning gay people from walking on the same side of the street
Yeah their exposed to it now but I don't want my kids think gay marriage is right.

spare me the god bless you crap. i don't throw my believes in your face as much as you do, so chill with it.
God Bless you and your family bro. You guys act like I'm wishing death on you. Chill with the hostility
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sorry, i do not think you answered my question. why shouldn't they be blaming churches?
because its the homosexuals that have to make inroads with them, what your gonna blame a group that basically owns marriage from a symbolic stanceto NOT protect something thats sacred to them?

laugh.gif
@ religion. i feel sorry for you that use w/e excuse the 'bible' tells you.. can't even come up with your own reasoning. have to go hide under your pastor's skirt whenever you're asked to bring up valid points.
happy.gif
God Bless you man.

what does that have to do my question? lol their reasoning for prop 8 is on a educational standpoint supposedly

my question is aren't children exposed to homosexuality RIGHT NOW? why are people acting like if it's taught in classrooms that would be the

ONLY way children would be exposed to this lifestyle what's next banning gay people from walking on the same side of the street
Yeah their exposed to it now but I don't want my kids think gay marriage is right.

I said I was done but now I realize that we are gonna never see eye to eye. Cause that statement shows you disapprove of teaching safe sex inschool. You're apart of the reason std's and aids is so high. Just cause you think it's wrong. Umm i assume you're gonna live with your kidsand take em to church. Why not teach them then? So yea any hostility i have towards you steams from that if you're ever confused. I used to volunteer atPlanned Parenthood and seeing how misinformed teens were from abstinence-only education was disgusting.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

laugh.gif
happy.gif
God Bless you man.

I said I was done but now I realize that we are gonna never see eye to eye. Cause that statement shows you disapprove of teaching safe sex in school. You're apart of the reason std's and aids is so high. Just cause you think it's wrong. Umm i assume you're gonna live with your kids and take em to church. Why not teach them then? So yea any hostility i have towards you steams from that if you're ever confused. I used to volunteer at Planned Parenthood and seeing how misinformed teens were from abstinence-only education was disgusting.

I will teach my kids about sex and homosexuality. So would you support schools teaching Christianity? You don't know me bro. You know me asRKO2004 so stop guessing and assuming you know me because you don't. I'm the reason stds and aids are high? No people not following the word of God isto blame for that. I wont force my kids to go to church. Thats up to them as to what they want to believe. I'll give them both sides of the argument and Iactually support schools teaching about safe sex due to the careless parents out there. So stop trying to plat know it all because you don't know Me. Youknow what I tell you. Keep you hostility fam. Got love in my heart. Have a nice day.

Oh and the only true safe sex is abstinence
happy.gif

It wasn't a jab towards you it's for people like I said who claim they voted yes just on the strength of it being taught in classrooms if that applysto you so be it

Question:

Those that believe that gay marriage would fall out of the definition of marriage, what are you guys' take on marriage between people of other religions?or people that don't subscribe to any religion at all? Is their m

Originally Posted by Untitled

laugh.gif
happy.gif
God Bless you man.

spare me the god bless you crap. i don't throw my believes in your face as much as you do, so chill with it.
God Bless you and your family bro. You guys act like I'm wishing death on you. Chill with the hostility
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sorry, i do not think you answered my question. why shouldn't they be blaming churches?
because its the homosexuals that have to make inroads with them, what your gonna blame a group that basically owns marriage from a symbolic stance to NOT protect something thats sacred to them?

but you cannot make an inroad with the religious groups. that is hypocritical. the gays have every right to blame the churches and especially the mormonchurches for their propaganda. they poured in millions of dollars in scare tactic ads. and it worked. these ads were negative and scared those who wereignorant on the subject into thinking that there is a danger in homosexuality.

there is nothign sacred about american marriages in our society. it once was but not anymore. gay couples just want to be recognized by the government asequals.

and the subject about minorities complaing and gettin bitter over gay supporters who say its simliar to the civil rights movements, they fail to understandthat we do recognize the prejudice and struggle. we are not comparing that. what we are highlighting is the CIVIL in civil rights. equality. what isalarming to me is the amount of people who fail to recognize homosexuals out of spite. you don't want to help others get equal rights becuase youroffended by their comparisons? okay so what you don't agree with this comparision. grow up. equal rights should be given to everybody. even the kkk get toexcerise their rights when they say they hate all colors of the rainbow. i dont agree with them but i will give them every right to express their 1stamendment.

Originally Posted by repinqueens

mad.gif

WHAT DOES YOUR BIBLE THUMPING HAVE TO DO WITH MY GOVERNMENT

God is over your government.
See, i seriously was done with this thread yesterday, i feel like everything i needed to say on this issue i said, then i am re-reading throughthe pages i missed and come across this

RKO, man
smh.gif
smh.gif

Look, this is your problem. For the last time this country is made up of a lot of different people, many of which do not share your delusions with you. Thesolution to this is for any of you delusional bible thumping "God is over your government" thinking people to leave this country all together. A verylarge growing number of us do not want you or your radical beliefs here. The United States of America is a country that was fundamentally built to seperatechurch from state and as it is increasingly obvious you and others like you cant do that. So leave. Your churches have more then enough money, pony up, buysome islands and create your own paradise where god rules over your government because that is not the case in the real world nor is it the case in the UnitedStates of America.

mad.gif

um no.....no it isn't. You wana live where god=religion? move to the middle east. Beheading galore, seems up your alley

this is America we are supposed to have separation of church and state
Do me a favor? That anger/dis-ease you have when your typing? Get rid of it. I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm not trying to behead you. Chill. I don't condone in any way what they do. Violence gets us no where. And God is over this government. And this world for that matter.
answer me this. YOUR god tells you that you should be tolerant & loving of all people including sinners. You should love thyself as they neighbor. You shall not judge others, only God can judge people. Then who are you to say that their lifestyle is wrong, who are you to scorn them, who are you to discriminate against them.

by doing this are you not going against the things that God has directed you to do? answer this question for me.

Discriminate? Judging? So in your terms, us telling them that homosexuality is wrong is the same as telling your kids you don't want them staying out late and being around the Anderson kids because they are always in trouble. When did honesty become judging? No one condemned to a jail sentence or hell. We're warning them of their actions to help prevent the latter of the two.
Please quote me more nonsensical biblical passages. Please tell me how not only you, but everyone should abide by that. Point me in the direction of the woman that acknowledges her "sins" by not being subordinate to men. Show me where you your biblical brigade is offended by female rape victims that don't marry their rapist. Why aren't you mad that women don't speak to men with fear? Why aren't you mad about the lack of stubborn children being executed?

Guess what? These are all in the bible too. Is taking the bible literally only acceptable when it backs up your intolerance? You quote the bible as if it is your guideline for life yet you personally choose what is applicable to your life. You'd never tell a woman not to speak unless spoken to. Hell no. You'd never suggest that a child be killed because he is stubborn. Nope. Why? Because that doesn't benefit you. Those quotes don't coincide with your ridiculous views on humanity. Why in the hell would you ever want to use the bible to prove your own sins? That doesn't benefit you! Your intolerance and hatred can hide behind the veil of "the bible told me so" and anyone that doesn't agree is acting against the bible. Quote all you want. You aren't proving your validity. You are merely proving your ignorance.
Well you read it as is and don't try to spin it. God doesn't want women to be held down like pets lol. I think people really went deep on the called run play on this one. When he said "honor and obey" I'm sure he meant for it to be expressed as the Man is the leader of the family. What are you talking about man? You speaking blindly out of anger bro. We don't condone rape and where does it say a women has to marry her rape victim? We aint trying to suppress women in the first place dude. Your just throwing slander and anger man. Calm down please? Why would we be mad about people not dying? Come on man. I'm telling you that you are speaking with anger in your eyes and for no reason. All you guys do is look for the worst in us. Thats it. Thats why you try to use our bible verses and etc that you yourself don't even understand.

So we're intolerant because we know that the sanctity of marriage should be up held and protected? We're intolerant because we want to help homosexuals avoid the same thing we're trying to avoid. Thats out of Love not intolerance. You don't know me so don't say what I do or don't. When did it say in the bible for the woman to speak unless spoken to? I'll wait. The child part died in the new testament but if someone else knows other wise please correct me. Why would we want to use the bible? Well it is the world of God handed down through man. And that shows that we want you all to know we are human like you. We have faults and failures in life. But we are trying to better ourselves as each day passes. We are aware of our wrong doings and I personally want you to know that I'm trying to live a life without sin. That benefits me and you because I want to reach you. I'm just like you man. I just want you to at least know of God so you will have a chance a being saved. Thats not ignorant.

You missed my point, which honestly, at this point isn't surprising. Listen carefully. My question is why don't you condone aninsistence that victim marry her rapist. Why don't you condone the execution of stubborn children? Why don't you condone treatingwomen as second-class citizens? These are in the bible! They are "the word of god" too! Where is your insistence that these too be followed? Youare so quick to quote the bible when it supports your own intolerance. If I suppress a woman, can I too quote the bible as my end-all?

oh you want bible quotes?

Corinthians 14: 34: Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be underobedience, as also saith the law. 35: And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home

Ephesians 5:22:
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, ofwhich he is the Savior. 24 Now as the churchsubmits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything

Timothy 2:11: 11A woman should learn in quietnessand full submission. 12I do not permit a woman toteach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

Deuteronomy 21: 18-21:[table][tr][td][/b]If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.[/b][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]That's not spin yo! Those are quotes. The same kind of quotes you use to support your ignorance. You can say I am spinning it, but I am not. Ohand saving me? Quit. I don't believe in god, but if I did I refuse to think that you are in better graces due to your non-acceptance. Spread your hatespeech as the "word of god" all you want.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

mad.gif

See, i seriously was done with this thread yesterday, i feel like everything i needed to say on this issue i said, then i am re-reading through the pages i missed and come across this

RKO, man
smh.gif
smh.gif

Look, this is your problem. For the last time this country is made up of a lot of different people, many of which do not share your delusions with you. The solution to this is for any of you delusional bible thumping "God is over your government" thinking people to leave this country all together. A very large growing number of us do not want you or your radical beliefs here. The United States of America is a country that was fundamentally built to seperate church from state and as it is increasingly obvious you and others like you cant do that. So leave. Your churches have more then enough money, pony up, buy some islands and create your own paradise where god rules over your government because that is not the case in the real world nor is it the case in the United States of America.

I'm not leaving you leave
laugh.gif
. You sound crazy "well RKO sinceyou don't believe the flag over God then you have to go." Lol stop. Not matter what, God is over this world. You can't escape him. Hate me if youwant. I'm still going to be here and I'm still going to believe what I do. Plus this country is great. I have the freedom of Religion.

A very large growing number of us do not want you or your radical beliefs here.
Wait?! This sounds familiar. Almost like your growing to hate us. Couldn't something like that lead to violence? Man somebody a long time agowas talking about that.I forgot who though
nerd.gif
. Man I think one day you guysare going to get mad and harm us. I think some of you may harm us thinking your doing Gods work as well.
eek.gif

But I'm not going anywhere. Fall back. Just like gay aint leaving. And for this country to be built on seperation of church and state. God sure does pop upall over the place.

Lobo you have got to calm down my man. As far as the women part you posted It seems as if God looks at church as a place of business and He wants the leadersto be male. Just like He assigned the male to lead his family. I think they can speak in church
laugh.gif
. But maybe he is saying when business is going on they are not to play a partin it. IMO

That child part died with the old testament I believe. Don't quote me though.

But in all the woman parts sound like its describing how the church should be. But a lot of times you see women at the lead position so I don't know whatsup with that.

I don't understand how people so strongly oppose something that has no effect on them, but a life changing effect on other people.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

I don't understand how people so strongly oppose something that has no effect on them, but a life changing effect on other people.
Would it effect you if this country legalized prostitution?

Oh and to the guy that posted the scripture. I was reading up on that and looking at some verses around that, it seems as if at one point women were wildingand acting out of line which led to confusion in the church. I think God means when business is going on He would rather the men speak during that time but italso looks like He doesn't mean for them them to be puppets.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Not even a little bit.
I'm guessing you are a guy (didn't check your profile). Well how can you say that. There would prostitutes walking the streets day andnight for your children and family to see. I know I wouldn't want my family to see that. I don't even want to see it. But in my eyes, the legalizationof prostitution would be added pressure for people who may be battling an addiction to sex. It will make it much easier for husbands to cheat on their wife andwives to cheat on there husbands. So there is a chance it may not effect you directly but whose to say it wont give your daughter the impression that its ahonest way to earn money? See people want to say let them live, let them marry and etc but lets add some things that can effect you. Lets legalizeprostitution.

RKO, how would you feel if the state governments decided to not legally recognize marriages but rather civil unions? The main opposition against gays marryingis that marriage, according to those opponents, is defined as a union between a man and a woman. If government were to stick their heads out of this religiousfunction, it wouldn't be harming the "sanctity" of marriage (whatever that means in this day and age), while providing equal civil rights to allAmerican citizens.

This needs to be overturned. And I'm happy that Cali's Supreme Court will eventually realize this.
laugh.gif
at the idiots voting for banning this. Let's bring back slavery while we are at it right? (Yeah I know it's different...but there's alot ofsimilarities.)

Originally Posted by gko2408

RKO, how would you feel if the state governments decided to not legally recognize marriages but rather civil unions? The main opposition against gays marrying is that marriage, according to those opponents, is defined as a union between a man and a woman. If government were to stick their heads out of this religious function, it wouldn't be harming the "sanctity" of marriage (whatever that means in this day and age), while providing equal civil rights to all American citizens.
Well it originated in the church. Its more like America tried to take the word of God and put their stank on it. Just because people don'tvalue marriages as they should doesn't mean it changes what God wants. But if they tried to do that then of course I would disagree with it due to marriagebeing a spiritual union of male and female. Its never been for the government to decide. Thats why I said they should have just let the churches decide if theywould marry couples.

And this cannot be compared to the struggles Blacks faced. Stop saying that.
grin.gif

RKO, how would you feel if the state governments decided to not legally recognize marriages but rather civil unions? The main opposition against gays marrying is that marriage, according to those opponents, is defined as a union between a man and a woman. If government were to stick their heads out of this religious function, it wouldn't be harming the "sanctity" of marriage (whatever that means in this day and age), while providing equal civil rights to all American citizens.
Well it originated in the church. Its more like America tried to take the word of God and put their stank on it. Just because people don't value marriages as they should doesn't mean it changes what God wants. But if they tried to do that then of course I would disagree with it due to marriage being a spiritual union of male and female. Its never been for the government to decide. Thats why I said they should have just let the churches decide if they would marry couples.
So if a man and woman were recognized by the state as being in a civil union as opposed to being married, you would have no problem with that?

Well it originated in the church. Its more like America tried to take the word of God and put their stank on it. Just because people don't value marriages as they should doesn't mean it changes what God wants. But if they tried to do that then of course I would disagree with it due to marriage being a spiritual union of male and female. Its never been for the government to decide. Thats why I said they should have just let the churches decide if they would marry couples.
So if a man and woman were recognized by the state as being in a civil union as opposed to being married, you would have no problem with that?

I would let the church and God define it. Thats where it started.

I would let the church and God define it. Thats where it started.
Yes, but the Church/God is not the State. They are two separate institutions. What homosexuals are concerned about is what their partnershipsare defined as by the State. Their main source of angst is that married couples, right now, enjoy more privileges than civil unions do. The opposition tothis is that marriage, as defined by the State, is and should be a union between man and woman.

What I'm asking is that if the State were to not even recognize marriage, but only civil unions, whether it be heterosexual or homosexual, and provide forthe same privileges for both couples, would you have a problem with that?

RKO Goin' hard

Praise God for you fam
pimp.gif

Marriage is a christian institution. Point blank.

And as far as the different religions getting married, that is unequally yoking yourself

2 Corinthians 6:14-17

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[a]? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple ofGod and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and theywill be my people."

What I'm asking is that if the State were to not even recognize marriage, but only civil unions, whether it be heterosexual or homosexual, and provide for the same privileges for both couples, would you have a problem with that?

As a Christian, I wouldn't condone it. Because that's basically an avenue for homosexual activity which is prohibited by the Word of God.

Man laying with man?....No no no....
Code:
'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.'(Leviticus 18:22)
Code:

smh.gif

Yet again, the same crap in the thread. Straight people acting like they know what its like being in a same-sex relationship... Fundamentalist religious dudesputting God above the law... and people who have the right idea trying to defend while the fundamentalists and people disgusted by gays will never change theirviews.

If gay people can't get married, they're still going to be there!!! And the girls will still be f'ing your girlfriends behind your back

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

RKO Goin' hard

Praise God for you fam
pimp.gif

Marriage is a christian institution. Point blank.

And as far as the different religions getting married, that is unequally yoking yourself

2 Corinthians 6:14-17

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[a]? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

What I'm asking is that if the State were to not even recognize marriage, but only civil unions, whether it be heterosexual or homosexual, and provide for the same privileges for both couples, would you have a problem with that?

As a Christian, I wouldn't condone it. Because that's basically an avenue for homosexual activity which is prohibited by the Word of God.

Man laying with man?....No no no....
Code:
'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.'(Leviticus 18:22)

Thanks and God Bless.
Yes, but the Church/God is not the State. They are two separate institutions. What homosexuals are concerned about is what their partnerships are defined as by the State. Their main source of angst is that married couples, right now, enjoy more privileges than civil unions do. The opposition to this is that marriage, as defined by the State, is and should be a union between man and woman.

When I think of privileges I think of spending the rest of my life with my wife in a union bond by love and God. Marriage to me is a union of Maleand Female under God. I don't care about tax breaks or saving money. I just care about spending the rest of my life with my wife in a union that was doneunder God point blank. Are there other privileges I'm unaware of?

As far as the state recognizing it, they should recognize it. Why would they recognize marriage. Now I don't know what civil unions really are so I'llhave to read up on it but whats the main difference besides one being under God? The state can do civil unions all they want but its not marriage. Marriage should strictly be Male and Female.
smh.gif

Yet again, the same crap in the thread. Straight people acting like they know what its like being in a same-sex relationship... Fundamentalist religious dudes putting God above the law... and people who have the right idea trying to defend while the fundamentalists and people disgusted by gays will never change their views.

If gay people can't get married, they're still going to be there!!! And the girls will still be f'ing your girlfriends behind your back

laugh.gif
@ the last line. Prostitution and polygamy will always be around solets legalized them too. I realize they will always be around and they always have been. But God is over your laws and rulers point blank. If y'all thinkeverything magically popped up then I don't know what to tell you. Just because you think you know what your talking about doesn't make you right. Youhave the word of government officials backing you but I have the word of God. Act oblivious or against God all you want. His word is still over what man says.

I don't know if it is easier to see you guys as intolerant or ignorant. Not that either are mutually exclusive. Either way, I am glad I don't knowanyone like you. Honestly, I feel sorry for your future kids. If you are teaching and spreading your hatred and intolerance, they stand no chance.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I don't know if it is easier to see you guys as intolerant or ignorant. Not that either are mutually exclusive. Either way, I am glad I don't know anyone like you. Honestly, I feel sorry for your future kids. If you are teaching and spreading your hatred and intolerance, they stand no chance.
Thats fine. But if that goes for us then it should go for you too. Your being ignorant and intolerant to our beliefs. I don't want my kids orany of my people thinking its ok to have sex with the same sex. So by making it the norm thats the message that will spread. Call me what you want. Label mewhat you will. I'm gon still have my beliefs. I'm gon still Love y'all. I'm gon still care. God Bless.

Back
Top Bottom