Calif. Supreme Court to take up GAY MARRIAGE BAN...... possibly overturn the vote???

One of my good friends is an ultra-conservative Christian and he too believes that homosexuality is wrong and a choice. We had a pretty spirited debate aboutit and he did admit that there are so many inaccuracies in the Old Testament that it should really be taken with a grain of salt. I mean, in the Old Testament,you've got people being called abominations for eating shellfish. Pretty farfetched stuff. He steadfastly sticks by the New Testament though and I canrespect his views but I still haven't seen anything to dissuade me from believing that homosexuality isn't a choice.

Litmus Green- I wish this band got back together.

Chorus:
I hate the lord. I say it with pride.
I hate the lord. I feel it inside.
I hate the lord. I wish he'd die.

The sexist bible calls god he
Why can't this fiction be a she?
Or maybe god is just an it
Set up to be worshiped as a hypocrite
In the book of job you can see
God loves you in misery
He gives you pain, ache and disease
As you suffer, he is pleased
(Chorus)
They look to beggars filled with hurts
Just to find a few more converts
Hand over money and sign over checks
To buy the lord a new car tape deck
In the name of redemption they must pay
To hear what preachers have to say
To line the preacher's pockets full of greed
And buy the lord whatever he may need
(chorus)
Unlike job, I failed the test
I gave up religion for the best
I have no gods and no regrets
In life's big gamble I lost his bet
I suggest that there is no god
It's all just some rich white man's plot
To get your money and control your minds
With a false morality based on lies

Originally Posted by DL2352

One of my good friends is an ultra-conservative Christian and he too believes that homosexuality is wrong and a choice. We had a pretty spirited debate about it and he did admit that there are so many inaccuracies in the Old Testament that it should really be taken with a grain of salt. I mean, in the Old Testament, you've got people being called abominations for eating shellfish. Pretty farfetched stuff. He steadfastly sticks by the New Testament though and I can respect his views but I still haven't seen anything to dissuade me from believing that homosexuality isn't a choice.

Jesus came to fulfill the Old Testament but also to replace it with the New Covenant.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

One of my good friends is an ultra-conservative Christian and he too believes that homosexuality is wrong and a choice. We had a pretty spirited debate about it and he did admit that there are so many inaccuracies in the Old Testament that it should really be taken with a grain of salt. I mean, in the Old Testament, you've got people being called abominations for eating shellfish. Pretty farfetched stuff. He steadfastly sticks by the New Testament though and I can respect his views but I still haven't seen anything to dissuade me from believing that homosexuality isn't a choice.

Jesus came to fulfill the Old Testament but also to replace it with the New Covenant.
Yeah, that's what my friend was saying. So is it really right to quote Old Testament scripture to back up your argument? What if someonewanted to use Old Testament scripture as their argument against Christianity? That's kind of why I never take someone using the Old Testament as evidencefor their argument seriously (for both sides.)

Yeah, that's what my friend was saying. So is it really right to quote Old Testament scripture to back up your argument? What if someone wanted to use Old Testament scripture as their argument against Christianity? That's kind of why I never take someone using the Old Testament as evidence for their argument seriously (for both sides.)
Yo can someone post differences from the old and new testament? Or pm me some links. I like to get my study on.

Litmus Green- I wish this band got back together.

Chorus:
I hate the lord. I feel it inside.
I hate the lord. I wish he'd die.

The sexist bible calls god he
Why can't this fiction be a she?
Or maybe god is just an it
Set up to be worshiped as a hypocrite
In the book of job you can see
God loves you in misery
He gives you pain, ache and disease
As you suffer, he is pleased
(Chorus)
They look to beggars filled with hurts
Just to find a few more converts
Hand over money and sign over checks
To buy the lord a new car tape deck
In the name of redemption they must pay
To hear what preachers have to say
To line the preacher's pockets full of greed
And buy the lord whatever he may need
(chorus)
Unlike job, I failed the test
I gave up religion for the best
I have no gods and no regrets
In life's big gamble I lost his bet
I suggest that there is no god
It's all just some rich white man's plot
To get your money and control your minds
With a false morality based on lies

I don't think I ever heard anybody say that before. Man
sick.gif

Yeah, that's what my friend was saying. So is it really right to quote Old Testament scripture to back up your argument? What if someone wanted to use Old Testament scripture as their argument against Christianity? That's kind of why I never take someone using the Old Testament as evidence for their argument seriously (for both sides.)

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN] Dozens of passages throughout the books of the New Testament declare that the oldcovenant has been "taken away" and replaced with "a better covenant." The following are some examples:[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Hebrews 10:9: …He took away the first covenant to establish the second.[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Hebrews 8:13: In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Hebrews 7:18-19: A former commandment is annulled because of its weakness and uselessness, for the law made nothing perfect; but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Hebrews 8:6-7: Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better than the old covenant, since it is founded on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Hebrews 7:22: This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Galatians 3:13: Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Colossians 2:14: Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us, he has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]2 Corinthians 3:5-6: …our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Romans 7:4-6: Therefore, you also have become dead to the law through Christ… Now that we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]John 1:17: For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Luke 16:16: The law and the prophets reigned until the time of John: and since that time, the kingdom of God is preached, and every man strives to go in.[/font]

Basically in the Old Testament, when you did wrong you were cursed to death. Physical and spiritual death (Hell)

But when Jesus came, he took the burdens of those wrong doings on himself to the cross and died for us, so that we wouldn't have to die over those things.

So like "eye for an eye" was abolished because through his death we are given forgiveness.

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]the ethical concept of "eye for an eye" is found several times throughout the Old Testament. The following is one example:[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Leviticus 24:19-20: If anyone injures his neighbor, whatever he has done must be done to him: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Jesus, on the other hand, stated:[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Matthew 5:38-39: You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I tell you, do not resist an evil person.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]At first glance, these two commandments seem contradictory to one another. It appears as if Jesus abolished the commandment concerning "eye for an eye," and replaced it with a new one, "do not resist an evil person." But how can this be? Jesus himself stated:[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Matthew 5:17: Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets; I came not to destroy, but to fulfill.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Likewise, the scriptures tell us that God is forever the same:[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Malachi 3:6: I am the Lord, I do not change.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]So, if Jesus did not "destroy" the law, but "fulfilled" it, and God never changes, why does it appear that Jesus replaced the "eye for an eye" commandment with "resist not an evil person"? Is this a correct interpretation? If so, in what way did Jesus not "destroy," but "fulfill" the law?[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]God Does Not Change, but the Way He Relates with Mankind Does[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]It is true that the character of God never changes, but due to the sins of mankind, God's relationship with his creation has changed dramatically over time. The story of creation in Genesis tells us that after God created mankind and his surroundings, God reflected on his creation and felt that it was "very good" (Genesis 1:31). Soon after creation, however, mankind turned from God, and Genesis 6 tells us:[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]Genesis 6:5-7: Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth… And the Lord was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and he was grieved in his heart. So the Lord said, "…I am sorry that I have made them."[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GILL SANS, HELVETICA, TIMES NEW ROMAN]God's character never changed, but the character of mankind did, and consequently the way God related with his creation was also changed.[/font]

More here....

http://www.harmlessasdoves.com/oldtestament.html

So the literal interpretation of the Old Testament is flawed, without true understanding of the New Testament.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by repinqueens

mad.gif

WHAT DOES YOUR BIBLE THUMPING HAVE TO DO WITH MY GOVERNMENT

God is over your government.

um no.....no it isn't. You wana live where god=religion? move to the middle east. Beheading galore, seems up your alley

this is America we are supposed to have separation of church and state

If u let gays rock wit the marriages, it'll re-write history, and being gay will be as normal as being a lefty...or being as frivolous as "hmmm I feellike chicken tonight, wait.....nah I want a pizza tonight"

Ya ready for that?
grin.gif

If u let gays rock wit the marriages, it'll re-write history, and being gay will be as normal as being a lefty...or being as frivolous as "hmmm I feellike chicken tonight, wait.....nah I want a pizza tonight"

Ya ready for that?
grin.gif

if homosexuality was meant to happen, wouldn't these couples have a viable way to reproduce without the aid of modern medicine?

Originally Posted by Untitled

If u let gays rock wit the marriages, it'll re-write history, and being gay will be as normal as being a lefty...or being as frivolous as "hmmm I feel like chicken tonight, wait.....nah I want a pizza tonight"

Ya ready for that?
grin.gif

^^^hope thats sarcasm other wise you're an idiot if you think telling gays they cant marry makes less gays in society. Come on at least give me some religious reason that I can't argue because of faith. but when you say things like that you sound dumb

Originally Posted by 916JORDANboy

if homosexuality was meant to happen, wouldn't these couples have a viable way to reproduce without the aid of modern medicine?

laugh.gif
Folks ain't tryin to answer that...

laugh.gif
answer me this. YOUR god tells you that you should be tolerant & loving of all people including sinners. You should love thyself as theyneighbor. You shall not judge others, only God can judge people. Then who are you to say that their lifestyle is wrong, who are you to scorn them, who are youto discriminate against them.

by doing this are you not going against the things that God has directed you to do? answer this question for me.

Please quote me more nonsensical biblical passages. Please tell me how not only you, but everyone should abide by that. Point me in the direction of the womanthat acknowledges her "sins" by not being subordinate to men. Show me where you your biblical brigade is offended by female rape victims thatdon't marry their rapist. Why aren't you mad that women don't speak to men with fear? Why aren't you mad about the lack of stubborn childrenbeing executed?

Guess what? These are all in the bible too. Is taking the bible literally only acceptable when it backs up your intolerance? You quote the bible as if it isyour guideline for life yet you personally choose what is applicable to your life. You'd never tell a woman not to speak unless spoken to. Hell no.You'd never suggest that a child be killed because he is stubborn. Nope. Why? Because that doesn't benefit you. Those quotes don't coincide withyour ridiculous views on humanity. Why in the hell would you ever want to use the bible to prove your own sins? That doesn't benefit you! Your intoleranceand hatred can hide behind the veil of "the bible told me so" and anyone that doesn't agree is acting against the bible. Quote all you want. Youaren't proving your validity. You are merely proving your ignorance.

Homosexuality isn't only present in humans though.

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

laugh.gif
answer me this. YOUR god tells you that you should be tolerant & loving of all people including sinners. You should love thyself as they neighbor. You shall not judge others, only God can judge people. Then who are you to say that their lifestyle is wrong, who are you to scorn them, who are you to discriminate against them.

by doing this are you not going against the things that God has directed you to do? answer this question for me.
well MISTER, first of all, God has told us time and time again that he abhors homosexuality, among other things. And, it would seem to me that hehates it more than other sins, seeing as he destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah, and turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for not following directions. Godsays their lifestyle is wrong, I'm not pulling this out of the air. and, for your information, I didn't vote. so i didn't"discriminate". If i did vote, I would've voted YES. the gaybobs need to cut their losses and move to Denmark, imo

laugh.gif
answer me this. YOUR god tells you that you should be tolerant & loving of all people including sinners. You should love thyself as they neighbor. You shall not judge others, only God can judge people. Then who are you to say that their lifestyle is wrong, who are you to scorn them, who are you to discriminate against them.

well MISTER, first of all, God has told us time and time again that he abhors homosexuality, among other things. And, it would seem to me that he hates it more than other sins, seeing as he destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah, and turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for not following directions. God says their lifestyle is wrong, I'm not pulling this out of the air. and, for your information, I didn't vote. so i didn't "discriminate". If i did vote, I would've voted YES. the gaybobs need to cut their losses and move to Denmark, imo
YOUR GOD TELLS YOU TO BE TOLERANT OF ALL PEOPLE INCLUDING SINNERS
YOUR GOD TELLS YOU TO LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF
YOUR GOD SAYS THAT HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN JUDGE OTHERS

yet you are not tolerant of homosexuals & their lifestyle
you do not love them as you love yourself
you are judging them, which according to your god, you have no right to do

youre going against your own beliefs as stated here. please explain this to me. its ok, i'll wait for you to make up some excuse as to why its ok for youto do that.

laugh.gif

well MISTER, first of all, God has told us time and time again that he abhors homosexuality, among other things. And, it would seem to me that he hates it more than other sins, seeing as he destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah, and turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for not following directions. God says their lifestyle is wrong, I'm not pulling this out of the air. and, for your information, I didn't vote. so i didn't "discriminate". If i did vote, I would've voted YES. the gaybobs need to cut their losses and move to Denmark, imo
YOUR GOD TELLS YOU TO BE TOLERANT OF ALL PEOPLE INCLUDING SINNERS
YOUR GOD TELLS YOU TO LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF
YOUR GOD SAYS THAT HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN JUDGE OTHERS

yet you are not tolerant of homosexuals & their lifestyle
you do not love them as you love yourself
you are judging them, which according to your god, you have no right to do

youre going against your own beliefs as stated here. please explain this to me. its ok, i'll wait for you to make up some excuse as to why its ok for you to do that.
there's no point in explaining it to you, seeing as you wrote virtually the same thing you did before, and failed to really respond to what I said.� So, in passing, I leave you with this video:
so now when you dont have an answer you resort to calling me gay.
your faith must not be very strong if you have to resort to this so soon.
matter of fact it doesnt seem like you have any faith.
sounding like you dont adhere to any of the bibles teachings.
care to answer why not

Well why did God create gay people?

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

pimp.gif
[Religious fanatic] being gay is a choice, because god gave humans free will they can even choose to be gay. even though it occurs in animals& they dont have free will like humans. i dont kno how to counter this logically, so im just going to say im trying to save your soul & God Bless you.[Religious fanatic]

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
the problem is he didn't. he created people, and bytheir free will they have become gay. if gayness was genetic, how would it be passed down? obviously the parents of said child wouldn't have the"trait" , seeing as how they procreated. so the argument that they have no choice is null. if gays wanna do what they wanna do, they should gosomewhere else, I don't want the beautiful state of California defiled by those flamboyants.

Back
Top Bottom