Calif. Supreme Court to take up GAY MARRIAGE BAN...... possibly overturn the vote???

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Originally Posted by 916JORDANboy

if gays were allowed to marry, what would stop polygamists from having more than one wife? or guys being able to marry animals? or *gasp* inanimate objects?
that is the dumbest logic that people continue to use. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HUMAN BEING AND AN ANIMAL/INATIMIATE OBJECT.

if you cant understand that difference then any school you went to should be shut down immediately.
There is no difference between an object/animal and a human if you're atheist.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just when I thought 916Jordanboy's comment was the dumbest thing posted in this thread, you max out the ignorance meter and beat his comment. Dude you sound like a straight fool.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Then prove me wrong then. Humans - A Soul = A Chunk of Meat.

Fine , but a chunk of meat does not equal an inatimate object

Originally Posted by DL2352

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Typical.

**+*%#! liberals/ gay rights activists never could except losing fair and square.

They talk all this @%@!#%%* about "freedom and rights" and then when they dont get what they want, these concepts are all of a sudden overturned in their favor.

Just shows how hypocritical these idiots are.
Losing fair and square? This is about people's rights man. PEOPLE. They lost the vote by the slimmest of margins so naturally they're not going to sit back and just accept it. And they're idiots too huh
indifferent.gif
Your right about one thing, THEY LOST THE VOTE. it would not matter if they lost by one vote or if the decision was unanimous, the fact is theylost. The PEOPLE voted and the LOSERS need to except it. And yes, anyone who thinks rules of democracy can only be applied/ overturned in their favor is anidiot.

for those who are crying bloody murder over this "overturning thing" and saying "let the people's voice speak" let us not forget theissue of slavery and the rights of blacks many years ago. the voice of the people once said that blacks were property. also don't forget you do not winwith a popular vote in a presidential election.

What a lot of people in this thread just don't understand is that this is not an issue that a majority that is against the bill should have been allowed tovote on. That is why America is not a full Democracy, because it would be too easy to take the rights of other citizens away because they have differingopinions. Yes, our country does have a lot to do with majority rule, but not when the majority wants to take away a minorities rights and wants to do somethingthat is blatantly unconstitutional.

This should have been a court decision all along, and it was. It should have never been seen on a ballot. And I hope it never is again.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Originally Posted by 916JORDANboy

if gays were allowed to marry, what would stop polygamists from having more than one wife? or guys being able to marry animals? or *gasp* inanimate objects?
that is the dumbest logic that people continue to use. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HUMAN BEING AND AN ANIMAL/INATIMIATE OBJECT.

if you cant understand that difference then any school you went to should be shut down immediately.
There is no difference between an object/animal and a human if you're atheist.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just when I thought 916Jordanboy's comment was the dumbest thing posted in this thread, you max out the ignorance meter and beat his comment. Dude you sound like a straight fool.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Then prove me wrong then. Humans - A Soul = A Chunk of Meat.

Fine , but a chunk of meat does not equal an inatimate object
in·an·i·mate [table][tr][td] (ĭn-[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Wait why does this keep happening? Everytime these post start they go mass pages and its a bunch of arguing.
laugh.gif

Act like you dont know
smh.gif
It's because Religion has had an obvious effect of clouding your judgement to the point that you religious folks dont think all Human Beings should have the same rights.

BTW, RKO i know it seems like i keep coming at you and just for the record i'm not coming just at you, its people that share your religious beliefs im coming at equally.

Whoo that make me feel so much better.
grin.gif

Typical.

**+*%#! liberals/ gay rights activists never could except losing fair and square.

They talk all this @%@!#%%* about "freedom and rights" and then when they dont get what they want, these concepts are all of a sudden overturned in their favor.

Losing fair and square? This is about people's rights man. PEOPLE. They lost the vote by the slimmest of margins so naturally they're not going to sit back and just accept it. And they're idiots too huh
indifferent.gif
Your right about one thing, THEY LOST THE VOTE. it would not matter if they lost by one vote or if the decision was unanimous, the fact is they lost. The PEOPLE voted and the LOSERS need to except it. And yes, anyone who thinks rules of democracy can only be applied/ overturned in their favor is an idiot.
Unbeknown to you, America is not an absolute democracy. If it were an absolute democracy, the minority voice would NEVER be heard. These peopleyou call the "losers" and "idiots" aren't going anywhere anytime soon so hopefully in the near future you'll come to terms withreality.

Your right about one thing, THEY LOST THE VOTE. it would not matter if they lost by one vote or if the decision was unanimous, the fact is they lost. The PEOPLE voted and the LOSERS need to except it. And yes, anyone who thinks rules of democracy can only be applied/ overturned in their favor is an idiot.
This is why America is not a complete Democracy. How would you feel if your state decided that they should put a ballot initiative trying to reinstate segregation in all facets of life once again? Would you want your civil rights to be protected by the court, or would you just go along with it withouta problem?

Are you still so pro majority rule?

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Pisses me off. I voted NO on Prop 8 but I'll be damn if 7 Judges out rule the voice of the people yet AGAIN!
eek.gif
eek.gif
Wouldn't/Didn't expect those words to come out of youSunDOOBIE!
laugh.gif
You & me agreeing on something!!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

But yes... that is my point EXACTLY!!

I mean what was the point of having the vote then??? If they're just going to change it.....
Makes no sense.

It's like.... lets have the vote!
And if Prop 8 doesn't pass then... awesome! I'm fine that the vote took place! Now we have equal rights!
happy.gif
happy.gif

And if Prop 8 PASSES....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
SCREW THE VOTE!!! WE GOING TO THE COURTS!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Riiiiiight.....

They had the vote & everyone got to vote.... I thought that was the point of voting, giving the people the voice to decide.

I have a question for all these people talking about gays and the rights that they have or dont have and they should be able to get married, etc... This isjust hypothetically speaking so dont go and murder me on here, I just want to know how you would feel about it. What would you think if SIBLINGS wanted to tryto get married? What if a brother and sister wanted to get married? they are humans, they should have human rights, they love each other, who are we to judge?What if this ideal started to spread and more and more siblings were falling in love with one another and wanted to make it "official!" Would weaccept that and if not, why not? Who are we to tell them they cant? right? Are we just going to ACCEPT EVERYTHING? Or is their going to be a line drawn? Iftheir is a line drawn, where do we draw it?

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

I have a question for all these people talking about gays and the rights that they have or dont have and they should be able to get married, etc... This is just hypothetically speaking so dont go and murder me on here, I just want to know how you would feel about it. What would you think if SIBLINGS wanted to try to get married? What if a brother and sister wanted to get married? they are humans, they should have human rights, they love each other, who are we to judge? What if this ideal started to spread and more and more siblings were falling in love with one another and wanted to make it "official!" Would we accept that and if not, why not? Who are we to tell them they cant? right?

This is not tolerated because the children of a brother and sister are more likely to be born with serious birth defects. The argument is invalid. I hope youunderstand that this is a completely different situation. If not, I don't know what more I can say.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Pisses me off. I voted NO on Prop 8 but I'll be damn if 7 Judges out rule the voice of the people yet AGAIN!
if not for the way the system is set up and those justices we would be in a terrible place in this country!
Read a book!
tired.gif
Then why did I vote? Why was this measure even on the ballots in the first place? So my vote doesn't matter? Why doesn't the Supreme Court overturn every single ballot measure then. At this rate, lets go ahead and overturn Obama's victory also.
You know I was for this to let gays be legally married but now screw them. They make me sick with these past two weeks crying, moaning, whining, protesting, inciting riots, and acting like a bunch of babies because they lost. Damn sore losers!
Thank you thank you thank you! My thoughts exactly!!!
You're hitting this one right on the head SunDOOBIE..... and shocking me in the process!
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
My man.... you might not be so bad after all
wink.gif

And yeah all of this non-sense the past few weeks that they've been doing is doing nothing but HURTING their cause.... people like SunDOOBIE(and others I've heard) who may have even originally supported them... get really turned off by such actions.

I have a question for all these people talking about gays and the rights that they have or dont have and they should be able to get married, etc... This is just hypothetically speaking so dont go and murder me on here, I just want to know how you would feel about it. What would you think if SIBLINGS wanted to try to get married? What if a brother and sister wanted to get married? they are humans, they should have human rights, they love each other, who are we to judge? What if this ideal started to spread and more and more siblings were falling in love with one another and wanted to make it "official!" Would we accept that and if not, why not? Who are we to tell them they cant? right?
You Yes on Prop 8 guys sure love your hypotheticals
laugh.gif

Incest is illegal in the United States. Why? When siblings attempt to procreate, their offspring are usually born with horrible deformities, are vastly moresusceptible to disease, etc. There's a lot of problems that occur.

TBONE and Sundoobie. Do you guys think this measure should have been put up to vote in the first place?

I think people are stupid, I really do.

This is about the supreme court checking to see if something is UNCONSTITUTIONAL or not.

Also, if we're going by the logic that the minority shouldn't be able to argue the majority, then no one should complain about Bush.
Obviously he won the majority vote so America felt he should have led us. We're not allowed to criticize that decision.

I don't want to hear about and Republicans criticizing Obama.
After all he was the majority vote.

Unbeknown to you, America is not an absolute democracy. If it were an absolute democracy, the minority voice would NEVER be heard. These people you call the "losers" and "idiots" aren't going anywhere anytime soon so hopefully in the near future you'll come to terms with reality.

Bingo.

You Yes on Prop 8 guys sure love your hypotheticals
laugh.gif

Incest is illegal in the United States. Why? When siblings attempt to procreate, their offspring are usually born with horrible deformities, are vastly more susceptible to disease, etc. There's a lot of problems that occur.
I know and understand that! My point is, is that People used to looked down on gays BIG TIME! very very taboo! but eventually more and more peoplekept coming out and more and more people started to loosen up on that topic! Are we just going to be pushovers about everything?

Hey listen if your (gays in general) gay fine, i really dont care. To me, their is a reason why when a man %%*!@ another man he cant get pregnant and the samefor women, because its not the way its supposed to be. This prop 8 for one reason or another was on a ballot and the people have spoken. what is the +!#**%*point of voting for something if its just going to be overturned?

Why have a vote if it is going to be overturned? dont really understand that much!
Me either, me either.
Originally Posted by rsdplaya

seems wrong to me...they put it on the ballot, the people spoke, now they're gonna do this
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Yeah I agree, that's what I was thinking when I read these articles! I mean obviously I was for Prop 8.... but honestlyit's not even about that.... because ya know NEXT time the script could be flipped in a different instance and I'd feel the same way.
Originally Posted by SoHi 23

So what are y'all gunna do when you and your kids walk past a gay couple kissing/holding hands?
Close your eyes?
laugh.gif
Explain to them that some men like other men, and some women like other women... and that is their way of life, and if they arehappy then that's cool for them.
But that I don't agree with it..... and tell them how they have a mom & a dad that made them & that's how babies are made
happy.gif

Something to that affect... depending on my kids age and if they ask about it or not... etc etc
Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

good.
some things should never be voted on.
And some things shouldn't have been deemed a legal marriage to begin with earlier by California (in my opinion).
No vote would have been needed then.....

Typical.
I've been sayin' that for years. Goes right along with, "Your only open-minded if you're open-minded in the exact same way as everyone else."
VERY VERY good point. I HATE the hypocrisy of some liberals when they do stuff like this or act in the way you described. It drivesme
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Wait why does this keep happening? Everytime these post start they go mass pages and its a bunch of arguing.
laugh.gif

Act like you dont know
smh.gif
It's because Religion has had an obvious effect of clouding your judgement to the point that you religious folks dont think all Human Beings should have the same rights.

BTW, RKO i know it seems like i keep coming at you and just for the record i'm not coming just at you, its people that share your religious beliefs im coming at equally.

grin.gif

Of course, ducking the issue. Which of course is that a bunch of you guys do not believe in equal human rights.

to the Duck fan, where technically it appears you may be right i think most people would agree that an inanimate object is typically viewed as something suchas a Lamp, a picture, something like that. So i will say to me, i still would not equate a piece of meat something that was alive and now im going to eat asbeing an inanimate object

I think people are ******ed, I really do.

This is about the supreme court checking to see if something is UNCONSTITUTIONAL or not.

Also, if we're going by the logic that the minority shouldn't be able to argue the majority, then no one should complain about Bush.
Obviously he won the majority vote so America felt he should have led us. We're not allowed to criticize that decision.

I don't want to hear about and Republicans criticizing Obama.
After all he was the majority vote.

Unbeknown to you, America is not an absolute democracy. If it were an absolute democracy, the minority voice would NEVER be heard. These people you call the "losers" and "idiots" aren't going anywhere anytime soon so hopefully in the near future you'll come to terms with reality.
Bingo.

Y'all are acting like if the majority vote was no, all the yes on 8 would just pack their bags and leave quietly.

And some things shouldn't have been deemed a legal marriage to begin with earlier by California (in my opinion).

Your opinion is exactly that, and only that. Opinion has nothing to do with the Supreme Courts ruling. At least it shouldn't.They are there to decide what is Constitutional and that alone. They are not an ethics committee. They are there to protect the rights of all Americancitizens. Yes, even the minorities.

From my grasp of the constitution you can't honestly think that the passing of proposition 8 was anything BUT unconstitutional. I mean really?

Were conservatives mad when the courts over turned the hand gun ban in DC?

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Why have a vote if it is going to be overturned? dont really understand that much!
Me either, me either.
Originally Posted by rsdplaya

seems wrong to me...they put it on the ballot, the people spoke, now they're gonna do this
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Yeah I agree, that's what I was thinking when I read these articles! I mean obviously I was for Prop 8.... but honestly it's not even about that.... because ya know NEXT time the script could be flipped in a different instance and I'd feel the same way.

So what are y'all gunna do when you and your kids walk past a gay couple kissing/holding hands?
Close your eyes?
laugh.gif
Explain to them that some men like other men, and some women like other women... and that is their way of life, and if they are happy then that's cool for them.
But that I don't agree with it..... and tell them how they have a mom & a dad that made them & that's how babies are made
happy.gif

Something to that affect... depending on my kids age and if they ask about it or not... etc etc
Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

good.
some things should never be voted on.

Typical.
I've been sayin' that for years. Goes right along with, "Your only open-minded if you're open-minded in the exact same way as everyone else."
VERY VERY good point. I HATE the hypocrisy of some liberals when they do stuff like this or act in the way you described. It drives me
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I agree.

laugh.gif

Act like you dont know
smh.gif

grin.gif
Of course, ducking the issue. Which of course is that a bunch of you guys do not believe in equal human rights.

to the Duck fan, where technically it appears you may be right i think most people would agree that an inanimate object is typically viewed as something such as a Lamp, a picture, something like that. So i will say to me, i still would not equate a piece of meat something that was alive and now im going to eat as being an inanimate object
Thirsty for a debate huh? Anyway I have my beliefs. Wrong is wrong. I'm not perfect and the wrong I do I don't condone it either. With mybeliefs the +## is no good. Two guys or two girls having sex to me is gross. Thats my feelings on it and my religious/spiritual beliefs also signal that itswrong. Marriage is deeper than tax advantages and what America has turned it into. Its very meaningful and its the bonding of Man and Woman into one flesh.Bring on more gasoline because I know your looking for a fire.

Back
Top Bottom