Calif. Supreme Court to take up GAY MARRIAGE BAN...... possibly overturn the vote???

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Originally Posted by FeelMode

Originally Posted by gko2408

Honestly, I think the government should not even recognize marriages but only civil unions. Leave the concept of marriage and the ideals it holds to religion.

Im going to Co-Sign that as well.

this is actually a perfect solution to this entire situaiton.
religious people get to keep the "sanctity" of marriage
homosexual couple can now be recognized & have the same rights as heterosexuals.
win for all parties
Wow politicians are idiots. We just found the solution

Being gay is still not right.

We are to "be fruitful and multiply..."

Man and man cannot do that. Woman and woman cannot either. Instead they rely on someone else to do it and then adopt the child...

Homosexuality goes against natures grain...

As far as what I believe, I would stillbe against civil unions because it's accepting being gay as okay. I do not believe it is okayat all.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Honestly, I think the government should not even recognize marriages but only civil unions. Leave the concept of marriage and the ideals it holds to religion.

homosexual couple can now be recognized & have the same rights as heterosexuals.
win for all parties

BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE

CHRISTIAN CHRISTIAN CHRISTIAN

JESUS JESUS

I <3 FRED PHELPS

BURN IN HELL PANSIES
Pretty much summed up your post

win for all parties

Man and man cannot do that. Woman and woman cannot either. Instead they rely on someone else to do it and then adopt the child...

As far as what I believe, I would still be against civil unions because it's accepting being gay as okay. I do not believe it is okay at all.
there are millions of things we do in this world that "goes against natures grain"...

win for all parties
I don't believe politicians are idiots, but rather that it wouldn't be a politically sound move to call for marriages to not be legallyrecognized. Unless you're Ron Paul, you're probably going to be upsetting a lot of constituents by doing so.

win for all parties

As far as what I believe, I would still be against civil unions because it's accepting being gay as okay. I do not believe it is okay at all.

Dog, your bible verse has no reason to be brought into this discussion, not only is it completely irrelevant seeing as there are by far and away more people onthis planet then ever before and it keeps growing at an alarming rate but because like i already explained our views on their sexual orientation should haveabsolutely 0 say in their civil rights. When will you realize YOUR opinion should not even matter in terms of their civil rights. Your religious beliefs do notgive you the right to take rights away from others. That is even more important when you take into consideration that you share a country with millions ofpeople who DONT share your same beliefs.

That is even more important when you take into consideration that you share a country with millions of people who DONT share your same beliefs.
That right there is a double-edged sword.

laugh.gif
Thugnificence has stayed in this threadsince page 1. Fight for your right!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

The losers of this measure need to suck it up (no pun intended) and get on with their lives. They lost, fair and square

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

That is even more important when you take into consideration that you share a country with millions of people who DONT share your same beliefs.
That right there is a double-edged sword.

you are absolutely right it is. and thats why even though i dont agree with the idea of gay men i dont vote that way and i look at is as a human rights issuethere for leveling the playing field. Simply put, though i dont share there views, i will be damned if i take away their rights because i dont agree with them.

win for all parties

BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE

CHRISTIAN CHRISTIAN CHRISTIAN

JESUS JESUS

I <3 FRED PHELPS

BURN IN HELL PANSIES
Pretty much summed up your post
that was a beautiful summary of his post. i couldnt have made a better summary myself.
kudos to you my good man. (no sarcasm here)(no seriously, im not being sarcastic at all)(dead serious)

basically everything else in this thread a waste of time

I wonder if a simple change in semantics would quell the religious folk that are against this. I highly doubt it. It's becoming clearer everyday thatit's not simply because they're trying to "protect" the children and keep marriage "sacred". I might be wrong but it seems like, aslong as they have other reasons to backup their argument, they can keep pushing for their ultimate goal, which seems to be to keep homosexuals as second classcitizens, that aren't equal, since they believe that homosexuality is wrong.

I remember in a previous Prop 8 thread, someone wondered why the churches didn't invest all that money they put into fighting gay marriage into research tofind the source of homosexuality (since they believe that homosexuality is a choice) and to try to fight that source. But of course that's the topic ofhomosexuality in and of itself and not really on topic
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DL2352

I might be wrong but it seems like, as long as they have other reasons to backup their argument, they can keep pushing for their ultimate goal, which seems to be to keep homosexuals as second class citizens, that aren't equal, since they believe that homosexuality is wrong.
It's not about making anyone second-class and I don't look at them as second class. It's about what I believe is right and wrong andtrying to save as many people as I can. I have my faults too. Many faults.

For example, being black is not a sin. It's what I am without choice, but it's not wrong. That's why our nation has come so far in racial civilrights. But on the other hand, homosexuality is wrong, and people choose to do the wrong thing. That's what Ibelieve and why we stand up for what we believe in. I love my nation too much to lay down and watch it get mired in corrupt behavior. I'ma stand up forwhat I believe. That's the right I have in voting and I'm goingto respect those who fought for my right to vote by participating

I remember in a previous Prop 8 thread, someone wondered why the churches didn't invest all that money they put into fighting gay marriage into research to find the source of homosexuality (since they believe that homosexuality is a choice) and to try to fight that source. But of course that's the topic of homosexuality in and of itself and not really on topic
ohwell.gif

The source is not a genetic disposition that can scientifically be pinpointed. It is a heart and spiritual condition. That's why this conversation willnever end. As long as people refuse to acknowledge the reason for homosexuality there will never be one accord.

People may feel they are getting put into a second-class but that is simply a heart conviction. I, nor has anyone in this thread said that they aresecond-class. But people feel that way.....Examine your heart.

The church DOES put money into fighting homosexuality though, through counseling, small group ministries, and retreats. They don't just sit back and talk.Make sure you educate yourself on what they do before blaming them. I've seen many people and have heard many stories about former homosexuals who havegotten to the root of the issue, a spiritual heart condition, and God has renewed them and broken them from the bondage.

It can be done, but only through someone's choice to humble themselves and acknowledge they are in the wrong. Most people never have and never will do thatbecause of one word.

PRIDE.

outacontrol music wrote:
DL2352 wrote:
I might be wrong but it seems like, as long as they have other reasons to backup their argument, they can keep pushing for their ultimate goal, which seems to be to keep homosexuals as second class citizens, that aren't equal, since they believe that homosexuality is wrong.

It's not about making anyone second-class and I don't look at them as second class. It's about what I believe is right and wrong and trying to save as many people as I can. I have my faults too. Many faults.

It's this exact mentality why I hate religious people. You can't save #+#%, truth be told you aren't even in controlof your own life. Quit being delusional and worry about your damn self.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

outacontrol music wrote:
DL2352 wrote:
It's not about making anyone second-class and I don't look at them as second class. It's about what I believe is right and wrong and trying to save as many people as I can. I have my faults too. Many faults.

It's this exact mentality why I hate religious people. You can't save #+#%, truth be told you aren't even in control of your own life. Quit being delusional and worry about your damn self.

tired.gif
@ your HATE.

And I'm not a "religious" person. I'm a Christian.

Like my dude said earlier

God Bless you

You know what I always found to be funny
laugh.gif
. They are ruthless when it comes to us but we try to talk to them in kindness. You should NEVER hate anyone. ButI'm not surprised he said that. He put me on his ignore list because he got tired of seeing me post about God
laugh.gif
. If that aint a sign of someone havinghatred in there heart. How you gon hate us but want us to see things your way? Because we believe in something and have faith and are proud of our faith, youhate us. I guess if its someone agreeing with you then their hate and wrong doings go unseen and unheard.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 916JORDANboy

laugh.gif
Thugnificence has stayed in this thread since page 1. Fight for your right!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

The losers of this measure need to suck it up (no pun intended) and get on with their lives. They lost, fair and square
dont even start with that bull !@!%.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

This is absurd if you ask me... the PEOPLE spoke. Why should the California Supreme Court potentially overturn what the PEOPLE voted for.
I don't care if you are FOR or AGAINST the gay marriage band...
This goes past that... so what now the vote of the people may not matter??
Because the majority of people aren't educated about the state constitution, especially regarding equal rights and what is deemed constitutional.
QFT we had a bunch of people lead by false commercials and crap this should be overturned!!'

pimp.gif

i Voted no on prop 8 but since it passed i dont think it should be over turned. if that was the case what the hell was the point of voting?

I'm gon keep talking. If somebody don't like it too bad ignore me if you can't stand it.
grin.gif
Never silent.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i wouldnt say hate, but i strongly dislike the OD-religious cats...

i also dislike people with blind faith, or people that think and treat God as the answer to everything....

when it comes to these people, it's like i believe in god, just not like that, so please keep all that to yourself...i'm not over here preaching the advantages of smoking a blunt a day to you....keep your crazy jesus-talk to yourself as well...
Maybe hate was too strong of a word, truth is I don't hate anything. I am just annoyed with these "I need to save you because my beliefsare right" individuals.

TBONE and Sundoobie. Do you guys think this measure should have been put up to vote in the first place?
No it shouldn't have. Why waste all these resources when it's just going to fall right back to the laps of these 7 judges just likebefore.

Why didn't opponents of Prop 8 FIRST and foremost file a lawsuit and get a judge to determine whether or not its Constitutional to put this measure on theballot? But NO. It was placed on a ballot and the people voted. So now its done and over with.

I voted No on Prop 8 because I believe Gays are here to stay, they are not going anywhere so lets give em what they want and move on.

Well when it didn't pass, it didn't pass. Nothing comes easy in life. Black slaves didn't just one day decide I want equal rights and theyreceived it just like that. It will take time. I mean I can understand if you're getting beat down or you have to sit in the back of the bus or besegregated because you're gay but we're talking about Gay Marriage here. We're in a middle of a recession, people are losing their homes/jobs andas someone mentioned, Gay marriage is the last thing I am worried about. Also the measure only lost by a 500k+ votes so maybe in a couple years who knows aballot measure may get voted on again and the gays may win.

What I am disgusted by is this complaining and violent protesting including disrupting businesses because they contributed to Prop 8 funding, etc. It has nowput me on the other side and now I am going screw these gays.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

TBONE and Sundoobie. Do you guys think this measure should have been put up to vote in the first place?
No it shouldn't have. Why waste all these resources when it's just going to fall right back to the laps of these 7 judges just like before.

Why didn't opponents of Prop 8 FIRST and foremost file a lawsuit and get a judge to determine whether or not its Constitutional to put this measure on the ballot? But NO. It was placed on a ballot and the people voted. So now its done and over with.

I voted No on Prop 8 because I believe Gays are here to stay, they are not going anywhere so lets give em what they want and move on.

Well when it didn't pass, it didn't pass. Nothing comes easy in life. Black slaves didn't just one day decide I want equal rights and they received it just like that. It will take time. I mean I can understand if you're getting beat down or you have to sit in the back of the bus or be segregated because you're gay but we're talking about Gay Marriage here. We're in a middle of a recession, people are losing their homes/jobs and as someone mentioned, Gay marriage is the last thing I am worried about. Also the measure only lost by a 500k+ votes so maybe in a couple years who knows a ballot measure may get voted on again and the gays may win.

What I am disgusted by is this complaining and violent protesting including disrupting businesses because they contributed to Prop 8 funding, etc. It has now put me on the other side and now I am going screw these gays.
because of the system of checks and balances, the courts don't have the right to step in from the start. they can't rule on somethinguntil it's actually violating a constitutional right.

you're essentially asking why don't courts have the power to write laws and then enforce them as they see fit. is that something you REALLY want?

stop complaining about all your precious time and money this campaign has "wasted." look around you. i'm sure there are bigger tragedies.

because of the system of checks and balances, the courts don't have the right to step in from the start. they can't rule on something until it's actually violating a constitutional right.

you're essentially asking why don't courts have the power to write laws and then enforce them as they see fit. is that something you REALLY want?

stop complaining about all your precious time and money this campaign has "wasted." look around you. i'm sure there are bigger tragedies.
OK got it. Courts have to wait until a ballot measure actually passes then they can act? Didn't know that.
laugh.gif
Kinda stupid in a way but if that is how it works, that's how it works. Thanks for the info.

I will stop my complaining cause at this point I could care less about gays and their rights. They lost my support. Peace... I am done with this topic.

What I am disgusted by is this complaining and violent protesting including disrupting businesses because they contributed to Prop 8 funding, etc.
curious, what exactly did they do to turn you away from their cause?

Nako is right - it boils down to whether there was a "controversy". Because Prop 8 hadn't been voted on, the Court could not hear the caseagainst it (Which No on Prop 8 supporters did bring, but it was dismissed).

This issue boils down to whether Prop 8 was an "amendment" or "revision." Both require completely different processes to get into law. Noon 8 folks are going to have a hard time arguing that this is a revision, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom