California propositions thread: Props 1,2,3,8,9,11,12 Pass, Props 4,5,6,7,10 fail

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Everyone has their demons and problems. Drug addicts stop and want to stop but have set backs as well just like everyone. Thats why we all have to work on our problems. Man all your doing is finding the negative that everyone has already acknowledge.
smh.gif
at calling nature's needs a problem. It's not a negative. If catholic priests could have intimate relationships like normal people I doubt we would have had the scandal in the catholic church.
Dude thats their beliefs. I'm not at fault for that and maybe your right. I'm not Catholic. Look I just try to live by what Jesus/God said. Thats all. His wrod over ALL. Nothing will change that. Just deal with it and leave it to the polls. Man.
And I respect your opinion and beliefs. Thanks for the mini-debate
pimp.gif

No problem. I respect your ideas and beliefs too. I know you don't believe what I do but God Bless you and your family. He still watches over you.
pimp.gif

God isn't relevant to a single issue in this thread, religious folks get the !#!* over yourselves...your beliefs dont mean a God damn thing to the majorityof people in this world, and yet you think said world revolves around you...No hate, i believe in religion, i come from a predominantly christian family butmost of you are absolutely pathetic...the false sense of entitlement you guys have is embarrassing

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

God isn't relevant to a single issue in this thread, religious folks get the !#!* over yourselves...your beliefs dont mean a God damn thing to the majority of people in this world, and yet you think said world revolves around you...No hate, i believe in religion, i come from a predominantly christian family but most of you are absolutely pathetic...the false sense of entitlement you guys have is embarrassing

He's relevant in my life. No sense of entitlement. Just stating opinions. Now go away.

purplehazze96 wrote:

God isn't relevant to a single issue in this thread, religious folks get the !#!* over yourselves...your beliefs dont mean a God damn thing to the
majority of people in this world, and yet you think said world revolves around you...No hate, i believe in religion, i come from a predominantly christian
family but most of you are absolutely pathetic...the false sense of entitlement you guys have is embarrassing

He's relevant in my life. No sense of entitlement. Just stating opinions. Now go away.

he's relevant to your life as he certainly should be, but what you and so many other christians either dont understand or just ignore is that he is utterlyirrelevant in any logical or rational discussion of our goverment...unfortunately, through out the history of this country, God has been a factor which is sadbecause it's a direct violation of the constitution

and no im not going to go away, on the contrary im going to wait for you to reply, although i highly doubt you will as so many NTers fail to when they havenothing to say

^he's relevant to your life as he should be, but what you and so many other christians either dont understand or just ignore is that he is utterly irrelevant in any logical or rational discussion of the goverment...unfortunately, through out the history of this country, God has been a factor which is sad because it's a direct violation of the constitution

and no im not going to go away, on the contrary im going to wait for you to reply, although i highly doubt you will as so many NTers do when they have nothing to say
Ha. So if I lived in Cali, how do you think I should vote?

I was kidding with the go away. Your cool.

i am also dissapointed about no new energy deals passing yet we want a freaking train
What kind of train? One of those kind that are about the streets?

Originally Posted by RawSheed

i am also dissapointed about no new energy deals passing yet we want a freaking train
That is my disappointment as well. Working in the power field, I will say we were looking forward to the thought of restarting talks of nuclearplants. Looks like that won't be happening for a very long time.

purplehazze96 wrote:

^he's relevant to your life as he should be, but what you and so many other christians either dont understand or just ignore is that he is utterly
irrelevant in any logical or rational discussion of the goverment...unfortunately, through out the history of this country, God has been a factor which is
sad because it's a direct violation of the constitution

and no im not going to go away, on the contrary im going to wait for you to reply, although i highly doubt you will as so many NTers do when they have
nothing to say

being as your a christian and are against gay marriage i would be outraged if you didnt vote Yes...its your vote, the only things that matter are your beliefsand your opinions...however, when it comes to rationalizing your opinion and relaying it onto others, using God as a reason is fundamentally flawed thats all

purplehazze96 wrote:

^he's relevant to your life as he should be, but what you and so many other christians either dont understand or just ignore is that he is utterly
irrelevant in any logical or rational discussion of the goverment...unfortunately, through out the history of this country, God has been a factor which is
sad because it's a direct violation of the constitution

and no im not going to go away, on the contrary im going to wait for you to reply, although i highly doubt you will as so many NTers do when they have
nothing to say

being as your a christian and are against gay marriage i would be outraged if you didnt vote Yes...its your vote, the only things that matter are your beliefs and your opinions...however, when it comes to rationalizing your opinion and relaying it onto others, using God as a reason is fundamentally flawed thats all
Oh. Welll they asked so I told them my reasons. They didn't like them so we debated and they came for my head.

"I'm a f'in soldier" (Word to K2
laugh.gif
) J/K

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It is so sad that Prop 8 passed. Too many people fell victim to the propaganda that was being said by the "Yes on 8" camp. It was low to go with the "They will teach gay marriage", in school, but it worked. It scared the hell out of people and it swayed a lot of voters.

It is sad, California and it's people pride themselves on being progressive, this is clearly a step back. It is not going to eliminate gay people, so why take away their fundamental right to legally marry. In order to get the legal benefits of marriage. Don't bring the bible into this, or religion, seperation of church and state (people need to read up on that
smh.gif
). Homosexual couples want to get married to get the legal benefits of marriage.
smh.gif
at people still ignorant to believe that marriage is still a sacred, purely religious act.

It's a shame.

Great post Ironman.
At first, I thought there was no way this would pass.
But people fell into the propaganda put out by the Yes on 8 groups.
I don't know about anyone else, but marriage was never discussed in any of my schools growing up
ohwell.gif

I used to pride myself on being from California.
But the result makes me feel ashamed about being from here.

Especially considering the fact that America as a whole took so many steps forward electing a minority to lead their country.
California as a state took a huge step backward with this.

I found out alot about some of my "so-called" friends in real life as well.
I didn't know some people were so homophobic(they didn't vote yes because of religious reasons, they voted because they don't like gay people).
One even went so far as to call me a "%@+" for voting no.
I'm not an angry dude, but I haven't really been that mad in a long time.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It is so sad that Prop 8 passed. Too many people fell victim to the propaganda that was being said by the "Yes on 8" camp. It was low to go with the "They will teach gay marriage", in school, but it worked. It scared the hell out of people and it swayed a lot of voters.

It is sad, California and it's people pride themselves on being progressive, this is clearly a step back. It is not going to eliminate gay people, so why take away their fundamental right to legally marry. In order to get the legal benefits of marriage. Don't bring the bible into this, or religion, seperation of church and state (people need to read up on that
smh.gif
). Homosexual couples want to get married to get the legal benefits of marriage.
smh.gif
at people still ignorant to believe that marriage is still a sacred, purely religious act.

It's a shame.

Great post Ironman.
At first, I thought there was no way this would pass.
But people fell into the propaganda put out by the Yes on 8 groups.
I don't know about anyone else, but marriage was never discussed in any of my schools growing up
ohwell.gif

I used to pride myself on being from California.
But the result makes me feel ashamed about being from here.

Especially considering the fact that America as a whole took so many steps forward electing a minority to lead their country.
California as a state took a huge step backward with this.

I found out alot about some of my "so-called" friends in real life as well.
I didn't know some people were so homophobic(they didn't vote yes because of religious reasons, they voted because they don't like gay people).
One even went so far as to call me a "%@+" for voting no.
I'm not an angry dude, but I haven't really been that mad in a long time.
Why "so called" friends?

If some people feel that they believe marriage should be between only a man and a woman, I can understand that-some people I know just feel that way, and theydon't hate gay people or anything.
However, there has to be another way you can go about doing that than just outright shutting down gay marriages like that, it's just outrightdiscrimination. Oh well...the YesOn8 scare tactics worked. I bet La Jolla's rich retired population helped fuel the yes vote. Last week the intersection Itake the bus to school at was a freakin' Yes on 8 rally.
laugh.gif

NY looks pretty damn good to be in today.... California took 15 steps backwards today
smh.gif
.....prop 8...gimme a break....and that was a good question is itretro active?

I'm still cool with everyone except for 1 dude.

Again, he called me a 3 letter word that rhymes with bag for voting no on 8.
Dude is completely homophobic.

I don't really care if you voted yes for religious reasons, I don't like it, but I understand it.
But if the only reason you voted yes is because you don't like gay people at all, then I don't really want to associate with you.

PROP 8
smh.gif

It's not a matter of if, but WHEN this will change. Thankfully, it's only a matter of time before this changes to the way it should be, I can take SOMEsort of happiness in that away from this...

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'm still cool with everyone except for 1 dude.

Again, he called me a 3 letter word that rhymes with bag for voting no on 8.
Dude is completely homophobic.

I don't really care if you voted yes for religious reasons, I don't like it, but I understand it.
But if the only reason you voted yes is because you don't like gay people at all, then I don't really want to associate with you.
Dang that was harsh. I feel you though because that would like if I voted yes for women to get equal pay for equal labor and one of my boys justup and calls me (()) or a b___h. I would be very upset. But turn the other cheek.

I really haven't been this upset in a long time. I woke up this morning and I was still thinking about this issue. It wasn't too long ago when aminority group of people over in England were persecuted for worshiping in a way contrary to that of the majority. That group fled to this land we now callAmerica so they could live life free from persecution. Fast forward to 2008. Now the minority of then is the majority of now and they're doing the verything they stood up against. I can't help but think how this is so similar to Animal Farm, when the mistreated pigs came into power and became wearing thehumans clothes and walking on two legs... It's like some sick, twisted reality of that.
smh.gif

Prop 8 will be back on the ballot again. It wasnt like it lost by a landslide. Baby boomers shot it down and they have some serious dying off to do.

Originally Posted by BEATSLIM

Prop 8 will be back on the ballot again. It wasnt like it lost by a landslide. Baby boomers shot it down and they have some serious dying off to do.

exactly what I told my good friend, it will come up again, and it's just a matter of time because this state gets its head out its *$+ and gets with thetimes

Back
Top Bottom