California propositions thread: Props 1,2,3,8,9,11,12 Pass, Props 4,5,6,7,10 fail

taking rights away from gays is just as bad as taking away rights from people of color

Elaine Brown, former Chairperson of the Black Panther Party:

"the oppression of one community is the oppression of all communities. we are not free until all people are liberated."

I go to Hollywood Highschool the metro better not be closed or i'm not going to school. This protest better end at night.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

eek.gif
dude just said ++*+*#*! on FOX
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

WOWWW LAPD just declared a tactical alert, get that #@@! outta here

GIVE THESE PEOPLE THEIR RIGHTS!
I heard him say it I was like
eek.gif

Originally Posted by moe200069

taking rights away from gays is just as bad as taking away rights from people of color

"the oppression of one community is the oppression of all communities. we are not free until all people are liberated."

shut up...don't ever compare gay rights to that...race and sexual preference are two different things

oh yea i'm glad prop 8 passed...and i dont even live in Cali
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So can someone please do a compare and contrast of marriage and civil union?

shut up...don't ever compare gay rights to that...race and sexual preference are two different things
QFT

lol @ dude saying BS on fox. im glad they are out there fighting for their rights. prop 8 is a bunch of crap fueled by close minded idiots.

Wait but if people think of marriage as something with no meaning anymore then why are they fighting?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by SEVEN654THREE

how ironic? people vote for "change" yet they say yes to prop 8. it is clearly discrimination. 100 years from now this will be in history books right behind women not having rights and blacks sitting at the back of the bus.

2m2ib7d.gif
For a sec I thought dude put on a leg drop

lol @ the guy that said BS starting off with "i'm not even g-.." then he thought about it and then said "it's a bunch of BS"

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"shut up"
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

people are entitled to their own feelings/sentiments and values, but how can we argue for freedom, rights, equity, and equality for communities we come frombut then want to oppress others who we don't agree with? yes, sexual preference and race are two different things, but nevertheless, they are part ofpeople's identity. discrimination against any group, in any shape or form, is wrong

some of you NTers are sad individuals. especially the ones that have no argument against gay marriage other than some religious sheep response.

Man I love Cali

I thought we were the cool state but with yesterday decision idk.

We still cool word to legal MJ

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
"shut up"
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

people are entitled to their own feelings/sentiments and values, but how can we argue for freedom, rights, equity, and equality for communities we come from but then want to oppress others who we don't agree with? yes, sexual preference and race are two different things, but nevertheless, they are part of people's identity. discrimination against any group, in any shape or form, is wrong

i feel what you're saying but don't compare it to race problems....its not the same...it really irritates me because supporters ofgays/lesbians always say it like its suppose to strengthen their argument when it doesnt....

its just as bad as taking away rights from anybody son

any word on whats going on in SF? thats where i would expect protest more than anywhere

Back
Top Bottom