California propositions thread: Props 1,2,3,8,9,11,12 Pass, Props 4,5,6,7,10 fail

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by javier5857

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Originally Posted by kash55

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

so sad that 70% of black people voted yes on 8...funny how some of those people forget 40 years ago yet will still be quick to pull the race card about slavery
tired.gif
I tend to agree with what this man is saying.
go end your life......the black struggle has NOTHING to do w/ homosexuals..... you act like its preventing homosss to be together or something.....its just preventing them from being married and if you knew anything about blks you would know that we really look down on homosexuality.....thats why the down low phenomenon is hurting our community because gay men are hiding it from their wives and bringing them diseases and stuff
how would you feel if everyone were allowed to get married except black people?
you sound dumb as hell.....how can you compare race to sexual preference....it's not the same buddy
No, YOU sound dumb as hell. its a civil rights issue, just like the blacks had.

Race and Sexual preference are something that arent chosen and due to one of them, they are being discriminated against and having the RIGHT of marriage taken from them on something that is not a choice.

who gives a damn if you look down upon it? are these married gay couples knocking on your doors asking you to convert? are these gay couples attacking your kids?

YOU

CANNOT

BE

SERIOUS...

People CHOOSE to be gay.

You are in SERIOUS denial if you think contrarily.
indifferent.gif

How are you so sure of this? I love how people always claim this, yet they have Absolutely NO evidence that its true.

so i guess animals CHOOSE to be gay for attention too?

so sad that 70% of black people voted yes on 8...funny how some of those people forget 40 years ago yet will still be quick to pull the race card about slavery
tired.gif
go end your life......the black struggle has NOTHING to do w/ homosexuals..... you act like its preventing homosss to be together or something.....its just preventing them from being married and if you knew anything about blks you would know that we really look down on homosexuality.....thats why the down low phenomenon is hurting our community because gay men are hiding it from their wives and bringing them diseases and stuff
you sound dumb as hell.....how can you compare race to sexual preference....it's not the same buddy

Race and Sexual preference are something that arent chosen and due to one of them, they are being discriminated against and having the RIGHT of marriage taken from them on something that is not a choice.

who gives a damn if you look down upon it? are these married gay couples knocking on your doors asking you to convert? are these gay couples attacking your kids?

YOU

CANNOT

BE

SERIOUS...

People CHOOSE to be gay.

indifferent.gif

How are you so sure of this? I love how people always claim this, yet they have Absolutely NO evidence that its true.

eek.gif
If you really think people are born gay...

Wow
smh.gif

I can tell you now that this argument won't get anywhere because my stance is based on my beliefs whereas homosexuality is a sin. You may agree you maynot.

New Testement
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).
Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." (NIV)

and Old Testement
Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." (NIV)
Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.

THAT'S what I believe in and apparently the majority of California.

Prop 8 win will not stop these gays from pushing another effort to legalize gay marriage.

tired.gif

YOU

CANNOT

BE

SERIOUS...

People CHOOSE to be gay.

indifferent.gif

eek.gif

Wow
smh.gif

I can tell you now that this argument won't get anywhere because my stance is based on my beliefs whereas homosexuality is a sin. You may agree you may not.

New Testement
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).
Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." (NIV)

and Old Testement
Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." (NIV)
Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.

OH
eek.gif

You know what your right, i totally forgot that the bible is a book of facts and that everyone is christian/catholic

Thanks for reminding me duke, i feel like a idiot now
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

older the I get , the more i think.

why would someone choose to be gay?

Accordingt to NT it's not a choice, dumbest thing i've heard in my life
laugh.gif
it's clearly a choice, a bad one but still a choice.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

laugh.gif
How so?

Repeating it over and over does not mean its a fact.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

ugh stupid ignorant people who get indoctrinated with ideas. google any peer reviewed articles on homosexual and sexual identity. let me make this very simple for your ignorant domes.. i know its hard to recognize that homosexual is not a CHOICE because it would cripple your arguments but here we go:
webmd:
[h3]How Does a Person Know Their Sexual Orientation?[/h3]
For many people, their sexual orientation becomes evident to them during adolescence or young adulthood, and in many cases without any sexual experience. For example, homosexuals become aware that their sexual thoughts and activities focus on people of the same sex. It is possible, however, to have fantasies or to be curious about people of the same sex without being homosexual or bisexual, or choosing to act on these impulses/attractions.
[h3]Can a Person's Sexual Orientation Be Changed?[/h3]
Most experts agree that sexual orientation is not a choice and, therefore, cannot be changed. Some people who are homosexual or bisexual may hide their sexual orientation and/or live as heterosexuals to avoid the prejudice that exists against people who are homosexual and bisexual or to avoid their own moral dilemmas felt when their sexual orientation is incompatible with their personal beliefs.
beloved wiki
The American Psychiatric Association has stated "some people believe that sexual orientation is innate and fixed; however, sexual orientation develops across a person's lifetime."[sup][26][/sup] However, the American Psychological Association has stated "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."[27http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality#cite_note-answers-26

a search result from Jouranl Watch http://www.jwatch.org/cgi/search?fulltext=homosexuality&x=0&y=0 http://www.jwatch.org/cgi...ity&x=0&y=0 (the subscription to this jouranl is $78, so i dont have access to it)
Sexual differentiation of the brain and behavior
Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 21, Issue 3, September 2007, Pages 431-444
!*%% F. Swaab DOI: doi:10.1016/j.beem.2007.04.003 (if you need to see table 2 i will upload the pdf. or if you have access to your universities article database i can link you.)http://dx.doi.org.ezproxy.lib.ucf.edu/10.1016/j.beem.2007.04.003http://dx.doi.org.ezproxy...0.1016/j.beem.2007.04.003','doilink','scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,directories=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,status=yes'); doiWin.focus()">
Sexual orientation in humans is also determined during early development, under the influence of our genetic background and factors that influence the interactions between the sex hormones and the developing brain (see http://Table 2).

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

laugh.gif
it gets me mad that homosexuals would try to compare the black struggle to that of homosexuals.....i mean really....stop it.
indifferent.gif

tired.gif

YOU

CANNOT

BE

SERIOUS...

People CHOOSE to be gay.

indifferent.gif

eek.gif

Wow
smh.gif

I can tell you now that this argument won't get anywhere because my stance is based on my beliefs whereas homosexuality is a sin. You may agree you may not.

New Testement

and Old Testement

OH
eek.gif

You know what your right, i totally forgot that the bible is a book of facts and that everyone is christian/catholic

embarassed.gif

You call it fam.

I was stating MY beliefs.

Show me where I said everyone believes this...

[katt williams] I'll wait....[/katt williams]

OH
eek.gif

embarassed.gif

You call it fam.

If its YOUR beliefs then why dont you keep them to yourself?

Its like Muslims voting to forbid eating pork because its their belief..how would you like that?

Why dont you just leave them alone and let them do as they please since they obviously dont give a damn about what you do.

you guys big supporters of slavery also? it was pretty popular in the bible i hear. maybe you guys can get it legalized again on the next ballot
pimp.gif

OH
eek.gif

embarassed.gif

You call it fam.

If its YOUR beliefs then why dont you keep them to yourself?

Its like Muslims voting to forbid eating pork because its their belief..how would you like that?

Why dont you just leave them alone and let them do as they please since they obviously dont give a damn about what you do.

laugh.gif
You wayyyyy off base dude.

People can vote however they like. Most people vote on issues like this based on THEIR morals. Thats the great thing about America. Everyone can vote.

And you gotta understand that this country was founded on Christian beliefs.

If Muslims banned pork, then you got two choices, live with it, or move to another country.

you guys big supporters of slavery also? it was pretty popular in the bible i hear. maybe you guys can get it legalized again on the next ballot
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
No scriptures, no basis for discussion.

tired.gif

YOU

CANNOT

BE

SERIOUS...

People CHOOSE to be gay.

SO tell me this, do you choose to like certain things? food, cars, websites, sports, shoes, clothes and type of women? DO YOU CHOOSE THAT?! Tellme now, for things that disgust your taste buds, whether it be a drink, a condiment, a certain pair of Jordans/Nikes, a certain field of career such asENGLISH, MATH, SCIENCE... do you CHOOSE what you like? Can you help the fact something tastes nasty? If so, you'd be a billionaire bro. Your senses and howthey act, are not chosen by YOU.

Unfortunately, DNA is unique to everyone, and DNA comes out different, sometimes for the worse, for some. Unlucky for you, outacontrol, your DNA has activeNARROW-MINDEDNESS genes.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of yourheart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service,as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, yemasters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."

Luke 12:45-48: "The lord [owner] of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him insunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither didaccording to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. Forunto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven."

its funny how gay/lesbian supporters always bring up the black struggle?? there are many other struggles in this country but you choose to bring upours....why? idk
laugh.gif
......do trust that 75% of blacks will continue to vote yes on prop 8 for years to come....so live with it.........HOMOSEXUALITY IS LOOKEDDOWN UPON IN OUR COMMUNITY POINT BLACK PERIOD......hell its evident in hip hop.....it is what it is.......you act like prop 8 bans gay relationships orsomething.......just marriage.....and i'm glad it passed......haha

and if you're going to quote something out the bible you might as well quote the whole damn chapter....i can knit pick a scripture and say it meanssomething.....
smh.gif

NTers salty cause obama won and now salty because fun buns can't get married now....
roll.gif

tired.gif

YOU

CANNOT

BE

SERIOUS...

People CHOOSE to be gay.

I don't believe that there is a definitive answer as to whether or not homosexuality is biological trait or not, so neither of you are right.
I tend to believe that homosexuality is biological in nature though. Think about it. CHOOSING to be be sexually attracted to men. Go outside right now andtry that. Look at a man and tell yourself how hot he is. Imagine yourself making out with him and enjoying it.

laugh.gif
You wayyyyy off base dude.

People can vote however they like. Most people vote on issues like this based on THEIR morals. Thats the great thing about America. Everyone can vote.

And you gotta understand that this country was founded on Christian beliefs.

If Muslims banned pork, then you got two choices, live with it, or move to another country.
The problem I have with that is that your beliefs impede upon the rights of fellow citizens in this country. What you are essentially saying whenyou vote for the banning of gay marriage is that homosexuals are not equal to you and, in fact, below you. The goes against everything that our Constitutionand the ideals of America stand for.

I'm saying

using my OWN very simple logic. I like females, they turn me on, they make my penis stiff. thats just the way it is for ME. There was never any choice for me.I never had to think why or how come, I just love the ladies.

its really that simple to me...i never had to choose to love the ladies, it really is the only option for me.

This video is more about transgender children instead of gay children but i think it brings up a good argument against the idea that some people choose to begay/transgender. Theres 5 parts to the segment in case people want to watch all of it.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

pimp.gif

dont go there homie. . . .

People are really that ignorant to compare this to slavery? Really? This is nowhere near the magnitude of that era. Its night and day.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."

Luke 12:45-48: "The lord [owner] of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven."

Perspective man.

First of all, I know you Google'd...

Secondly no where does it encourage slavery, whereas what I provided directly rebuked homosexuality..

Thirdly, Slavery in biblical times =/= Slavery in America.

Did they really do that in American Slavery times???

Nah

But you have the mindframe of my people's former oppressors.
smh.gif

You tried though
laugh.gif

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

[h3]1 Corinthians 1:18-31[/h3]

smh.gif
@ you putting a
pimp.gif
next to your original comment. Racist fam....

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

pimp.gif
dont go there homie. . . .
? people are strongly supporting prop 8 because of what the bible says regarding homosexuals. the bible also doesn't condemn slavery, in factit supports it. i'm just suggesting it's ridiculous to take everything in the bible as fact when there's themes in the bible, such as slavery,that are so heavily looked down upon today. if any problems arise from my statement, it's because you misinterpreted it.

People are really that ignorant to compare this to slavery? Really? This is nowhere near the magnitude of that era. Its night and day.
THATS MY POINT! god, you guys need to learn not to take everything so literal. the bible was written centuries ago. what was written thendoesn't apply to society today. that's the point i was trying to make. i wasn't comparing slavery to homosexuality
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom