California Supreme Court UPHOLDS gay marriage ban.... but existing same-sex marriages to stand

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

we are all animals ... every animals purpose on earth is to reproduce ... being gay is not normal ... marriage should be reserved for unions between men and woman ...

gay couples can have all the rights they want under teh law as a married couple, but they shouldnt be allowed to get married ...

/thread

Then whats the difference between marriage and them getting the same rights? Nothing but a word. Let them get married.

why do they care so much about marriage? its a man made "title" that does nothing but gives the two people certain rights as a union ... maybe imwrong but what religion or tribe or whatever pratices marriage rituals between same sex people?

if they get the rights then shut the hell up ... this is nothing but a celebrity driven high profile pointless case ... pull yourskirts down $@@@$!$

Originally Posted by Bad N fluenz

What pisses me off the most, As a American you'd think that with having a African American President he'd understand a lot more with discrimination, something like this should've hit home with the rights of people who are seen as second class, perhaps even worse because we are losing our rights left and right. I wonder what's next? Gays banned from becoming parents in all 50 states?!?!?!? Oh wait that's already real.

President Obama needs to man up and see this ain't right and step in and rid of discrimination all together! So that no group no matter what make up they are they CAN NOT be discriminated against.

I'd like to think he was real when he said "Time for a Change" WELL MR PRESIDENT WHERE ARE THE DAMN CHANGES!!!! So far you've been too busy enjoying the spotlight.

Discrimination will never go away. Sorry that is just how it is.

Originally Posted by John Ohh

What pisses me off the most, As a American you'd think that with having a African American President he'd understand a lot more with discrimination, something like this should've hit home with the rights of people who are seen as second class, perhaps even worse because we are losing our rights left and right. I wonder what's next? Gays banned from becoming parents in all 50 states?!?!?!? Oh wait that's already real.

President Obama needs to man up and see this ain't right and step in and rid of discrimination all together! So that no group no matter what make up they are they CAN NOT be discriminated against.

I'd like to think he was real when he said "Time for a Change" WELL MR PRESIDENT WHERE ARE THE DAMN CHANGES!!!! So far you've been too busy enjoying the spotlight.

You are extremely ignorant. It really is sad.

we are all animals ... every animals purpose on earth is to reproduce ... being gay is not normal ... marriage should be reserved for unions between men and woman ...

gay couples can have all the rights they want under teh law as a married couple, but they shouldnt be allowed to get married ...

/thread

Then whats the difference between marriage and them getting the same rights? Nothing but a word. Let them get married.

why do they care so much about marriage? its a man made "title" that does nothing but gives the two people certain rights as a union ... maybe im wrong but what religion or tribe or whatever pratices marriage rituals between same sex people?

if they get the rights then shut the hell up ... this is nothing but a celebrity driven high profile pointless case ... pull yourskirts down $@@@$!$
Hmmm.... your last sentence gives me an idea of who you are. Which is someone that isn't gonna realize whats wrong with your views.

Anyways, I think they care about marriage rights because they're being denied the right. THE RIGHT to get married. Straight people are allowed to, why notgay people? There is no logical reason to deny one group something, while graciously and happily giving it out to another group.

Again, I'd also like to know if anyone who is against gay marriage is a minority in any way..

CallHimAR wrote:

There is a difference between ignorant and opinion. You certainly can not tell them apart. Time to go back to 8th grade for you.

Anyways, I think they care about marriage rights because they're being denied the right. THE RIGHT to get married. Straight people are allowed to, why not gay people? There is no logical reason to deny one group something, while graciously and happily giving it out to another group.
who gave them the right to get married? marriage is a sacred agreement between a man and a woman ... it was outlined as such when the idea of"marriage" was spurned ... they are just aggresively pursuing something for the sake of doing it ... they get the rights, they get everything but the"title" ... this is a waste of time and its sad so many people care about this +*** ... let them call themselves married who gives a damn ... we havemore important needs to deal with ...

CallHimAR wrote:

There is a difference between ignorant and opinion. You certainly can not tell them apart. Time to go back to 8th grade for you.

Yes, but there are opinions that are ignorant, and you are expressing one at the moment.

Back to my previous question that you just so happened to ignore, did you CHOOSE at one point in your life to like women?

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Yes, but there are opinions that are ignorant, and you are expressing one at the moment.

Back to my previous question that you just so happened to ignore, did you CHOOSE at one point in your life to like women?
i guess so, i sure as hell didnt choose to be gay ... but let me ask you a question, if your parents were gay, would you be here? if everyone wasgay, would the world exist? its NOT natural and should be shunned upon ...

Anyways, I think they care about marriage rights because they're being denied the right. THE RIGHT to get married. Straight people are allowed to, why not gay people? There is no logical reason to deny one group something, while graciously and happily giving it out to another group.
who gave them the right to get married? marriage is a sacred agreement between a man and a woman ... it was outlined as such when the idea of "marriage" was spurned ... they are just aggresively pursuing something for the sake of doing it ... they get the rights, they get everything but the "title" ... this is a waste of time and its sad so many people care about this +*** ... let them call themselves married who gives a damn ... we have more important needs to deal with ...
Yeah because marriage between a man and a woman is so sacred now
eyes.gif

I'm glad you realize that there are bigger and more important things we as a people need to deal with, but at the same time this situation needs to beresolved. Gay people are not just pursuing this to pursue it, they're fighting to have equal rights as others.

And now all of a sudden being different is cause to be shunned
eyes.gif

i guess so, i sure as hell didnt choose to be gay ... but let me ask you a question, if your parents were gay, would you be here? if everyone was gay, would the world exist? its NOT natural and should be shunned upon ...

Ive always liked woman, Its not natrual to be gay. Thats my opinion on it.

CallHimAR wrote:

So accept discrimination because it will always be prevalent? Man, even the most ardent of religious zealots would (hopefully) tell you that isn't right. If we are just supposed to accept things the way they are because there will always be the hateful or ignorant, what was the point of any civil or women'srights movements?

i guess so, i sure as hell didnt choose to be gay ... but let me ask you a question, if your parents were gay, would you be here? if everyone was gay, would the world exist? its NOT natural and should be shunned upon ...

So you remember a specific point where you said to yourself "I'm going to like women for the rest of my life" and from that point on you stuckwith it?

If my parents were homosexual but one repressed their true feelings to please their ultra religious parents and got married and had a child, then yes, I wouldbe here.

Again, you avoid the question at hand. I did not ask if you've always liked women, I asked if at one point in your life you made a conscious decision tolike women.

you didnt choose to like women, you just do. it's "natural"....thank you. it's not a choice. the same can be said about gaypeople. they didn't choose. it just felt natural for them.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by Deuce King

So you're comparing homosexuals to criminals and negligent mothers?
No I'm not, I'm comparing the viewpoint of being discriminated against in general. Would it help you dudes if I said a drug abuser can say they are being discriminated against, what about a 13 year old child that wants to drive a car but can not be rewarded a driver licence because of their age, they are being discriminated agaisnt too. Again, there has to be rules and structure in any setting, the issue or gay marriage is no different. People in here are acting like the state of California voted to have gay people slaughtered, like gay people across the state are about to be executed by the masses or something. I strongly feel that marriage should be handled by the church and civil unions by the state.

Once again, there are NO adverse effects to gay marriage. It doesn't nullify any previous existing heterosexual marriages. It doesn't mean those marriages aren't as sacred (
laugh.gif
). I think you can understand why a 13 year old driving or drug abuse is considered harmful.
Thats opinion.....If you have a club thats been had been given exclusive rights and rewards by the government and the clubs rules since day one were only men and women who are in love can be in this club. The rules state that only straight couples can be in it but gay people want to be in the club for the exclusive rights and rewards. Why cant the gay people start their own club and still recieve the rewards that the srtaight club recieve? Whats so difficult about that?

the point is those rights and benefits aren't universal.

Civil Unions in California offer the same rights as marriage like I said it seems that the gay community just wants what the straight people havewhich is somewhat understandable but I also understand why people are like no this is only for men and women

So you remember a specific point where you said to yourself "I'm going to like women for the rest of my life" and from that point on you stuck with it?

If my parents were homosexual but one repressed their true feelings to please their ultra religious parents and got married and had a child, then yes, I would be here.
someone needs to take a early childhood development ... we cant remember ANYTHING before i believe 2-5 years old depending on our level of braindevelopment ...

lobotomybeats wrote:

CallHimAR wrote:

So accept discrimination because it will always be prevalent? Man, even the most ardent of religious zealots would (hopefully) tell you that isn't right. If we are just supposed to accept things the way they are because there will always be the hateful or ignorant, what was the point of any civil or women's rights movements?

Do you know realize what is going around you? Its been many years since the Civil Rights movemnt, and hatred againsts african americans STILL EXISTS, do youthink in a year it's just going to change. Discrimination will always be around, whether a hundred thousand people try to change it or stop it, a group ofpeople will find a way to continue it and keep it going. You know damn well I hate Discrimination, but im stating my opinion on gays, they are notdiscriminated against, their allowed to go to the same bathrooms as straights, allowed to use the same water fountains or even allowed to be with straightpeople. Discrimination in my terms is just that, and African Americans were discriminated against. Gays are not. My opinion. If you do not like it then ohhwell, thats your opionion as well.

Another thing I don't understand: what purpose does the 'well if everyone was gay the human species would die out' argument serve? Who is sayinganything that would suggest otherwise? Not everyone is gay or straight. It's an argument that is always made but never in response to anything said. I loveit.

lobotomybeats wrote:

CallHimAR wrote:

So accept discrimination because it will always be prevalent? Man, even the most ardent of religious zealots would (hopefully) tell you that isn't right. If we are just supposed to accept things the way they are because there will always be the hateful or ignorant, what was the point of any civil or women's rights movements?

Do you know realize what is going around you? Its been many years since the Civil Rights movemnt, and hatred againsts african americans STILL EXISTS, do you think in a year it's just going to change. Discrimination will always be around, whether a hundred thousand people try to change it or stop it, a group of people will find a way to continue it and keep it going. You know damn well I hate Discrimination, but im stating my opinion on gays, they are not discriminated against, their allowed to go to the same bathrooms as straights, allowed to use the same water fountains or even allowed to be with straight people. Discrimination in my terms is just that, and African Americans were discriminated against. Gays are not. My opinion. If you do not like it then ohh well, thats your opionion as well.
and my point is that gays are discriminated against. Not allowing marriage or adoption is discriminatory.

why are you asking him did he choose when you "know" that every man, woman and animal was born with one thing in common to keep there gens alivewhich is the will to reproduce.

theres like 2 or 3 different species that "enjoy" the act of sex and humans are one of them.

so like what has been said in here so many times gay people are gay cuz they enjoy the act of sex with the same sex.

and id have to stop talkin to anyone that had the balls to sit in my face and say that gays are the new blacks

two heterosexual parents can give birth to a gay child.

your argument is flawed.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Another thing I don't understand: what purpose does the 'well if everyone was gay the human species would die out' argument serve? Who is saying anything that would suggest otherwise? Not everyone is gay or straight. It's an argument that is always made but never in response to anything said. I love it.
? it simply proves it isnt natural, nor what we or any species is intended to do ... ... ... ...

It's great how when you don't have an answer to a question you can just ignore it and move along.

your argument is flawed.
+1

Originally Posted by Nako XL

your argument is flawed.
what in sam hell?
laugh.gif
that went completely over your head,but ill break it down for you ... WHAT TYPE OF CHILD CAN TWO GAY PARENTS BIRTH NATURALLY?

/

This is going nowhere yesterday. Its just people bickering back and forth over opinions and facts. If someone doesn't agree with homosexuality, they arebigots and bad people. And if you support homosexuality, you are a good person. Its the same argument its always been. Its going nowhere. Lets just all waitand see what happens in the end. Arguing now is doing nothing but turning people against one another. Everyone who disagrees with gays are bigots. Lets justmove on and carry on with life.

Back
Top Bottom