Calipari to Kentucky.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Nah the johnnies shoulda signed matt doherty when they had the chance I jus don't see him gettin the recruits in ny to stay nor do I see him wanting to come to queens
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The same Matt Doherty that is struggling to build a competitive team in Conference USA?
grin.gif

The same Matt Doherty who the players @ UNC hated.....his rep w/ players is terrible.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

The same Matt Doherty who the players @ UNC hated.....his rep w/ players is terrible.
Yep... I talked to plenty of dudes that play at SMU that can't stand him...

And I think he gets waaaaay too much credit for the kids he recruited at UNC...

He's just a bad basketball coach...

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

doesnt he have like 5mil left on his contract, dammit i wish somebody would pay me not to work

QFT

I'd mess up on purpose if I had 5 mill coming my way
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I thought it was stupid back then.

I didn't think he was great, but didn't think he was terrible.

Yeah SKA I knew your opinion already
laugh.gif

That along with WildKYCat's opinion...

More or less stating an assumed obvious fact.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

So now do UK fans think that Tubby Smith being let go was a pretty stupid move?

I didn't think it was a bad move then, and still don't think it was a bad move. Tubby's time had ran it's course.

Billy G. gets 6 mil and he'll go to Arizona and probably dominate without being under the pressure that comes with the UK job. I don't feel too bad forhim.

I'm hope this isnt true thatFord is gonna be the next head coach, might have to turn in my blue and white if this happens.

[table][tr][td]Write it down - Ford will be next coach[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table]
will be announced by Tuesday of next week. Also a former walkon at UK will be one of his lead asst coaches. I know who it is as this is wherethe info came from but I do not want to say his name. But write it down the new coach at UK will be Ford.

Other news... Pitino was contacted by UK boosters and asked to name his price. Pitino said he is too old for the job and wants to retire at UL. They askedabout Donovan but RP said Ford would be better. Apparently Pitino advised BD not to take the job because leaving Fla for a rival school would tarnish hisaaccomplishments at Fla. RP did it by going to UL and said it was very tough for him and his family so he advised BD against going to UK.
I will release the name of the source after Ford is announced as coach but the reason is because the former walkon who is going to be Ford's top asst hasconnections to RP. Some of you may figure it our based on that clue. This is what I am hearing and we should all know by Tues of next week.

Why the hell would they ask the inter-state rival coach (Pitino) about who the best choice would be?

"Soooo... name your price. We want you back in Lexington."
"No. I'm good here."
"Well, do you have any names for us on who you think would be a great coach for us?"
"Yes. My 7-year-old nephew. Dude knows the Xs and Os of the game like you wouldn't believe."

And why would Pitino tell Donovan that leaving one school to coach a rival of the previous school would be in bad form?
nerd.gif
Yes, I know he went from UK to theCeltics to Louisville, but still... he coached UK in recent history, and now coaches a rival school.

A lot of things confuse me about what you just dropped.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Pitino said he is too old for the job and wants to retire at UL.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Oklahoma State seems like it'd be a pretty attractive job for some folks, too...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And why would Pitino tell Donovan that leaving one school to coach a rival of the previous school would be in bad form?
nerd.gif
Yes, I know he went from UK to the Celtics to Louisville, but still... he coached UK in recent history, and now coaches a rival school.

It's stated right there:
Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Apparently Pitino advised BD not to take the job because leaving Fla for a rival school would tarnish his aaccomplishments at Fla. RP did it by going to UL and said it was very tough for him and his family so he advised BD against going to UK.
Can't say I disagree with that, either...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Why the hell would they ask the inter-state rival coach (Pitino) about who the best choice would be?

"Soooo... name your price. We want you back in Lexington."
"No. I'm good here."
"Well, do you have any names for us on who you think would be a great coach for us?"
"Yes. My 7-year-old nephew. Dude knows the Xs and Os of the game like you wouldn't believe."

nerd.gif
Yes, I know he went from UK to the Celtics to Louisville, but still... he coached UK in recent history, and now coaches a rival school.

I got it off Catspause, i personally hope none of it is true.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

DO IT HARRINGTON, OR I'LL RENOUNCE MY CATHOLIC FAITH
Gillepsie wouldn't do it. He's best friends with Norm.
I guess that says something about the character of Roy Williams. Doh' was one of Roy's best "friends" too.
eyes.gif

Nah, I wasn't saying I don't believe you, so I apologize if I may have come across like that.

I was just responding to what you said; not saying I didn't believe you.

And yeah, I read through it too fast the first time and missed the part where it states that Pitino was basically like 'Listen, I left UK and went to arival school, and it's not easy, Billy. Don't do it.'

23ska909red02 wrote:
Nah, I wasn't saying I don't believe you, so I apologize if I may have come across like that.

I was just responding to what you said; not saying I didn't believe you.

And yeah, I read through it too fast the first time and missed the part where it states that Pitino was basically like 'Listen, I left UK and went to a rival school, and it's not easy, Billy. Don't do it.'
laugh.gif
It's cool i didn't want to come accross like Iwas the source reporting it. But tha Pitino part is pretty intriguing to me, I can see where he's coming from.

that report about Ford and Pitino that was posted on catspause is complete horse *+@%...don't believe it for one second. Lee Todd (UK Pres.) and MitchBarnhart (A.D.) weren't even at UK when Pitino was here. not saying that Ford might not be the next UK coach, but you can't believe for one secondthat Rick Pitino is going to have any kind of influence on the next coach at UK. come on.
laugh.gif

it's sounding more and more like it's gonna be Donovan or Ford.

Pat Forde was just on Mike and Mike, he said that the firing of Gillispie is likely to be made official this afternoon. Gotltieb asked him if he had to bethis salary on who was going to be the next UK coach, who would it be...and Forde said Travis Ford.

for those who don't know, Forde worked for the courier-journal (Louisville newspaper) for years before getting his gig at ESPN. he aslo said that hetalked to Pitino two weeks ago about the Arizona job and that there had been some communication between Zona and Pitino, but there's zero chance thatPitino goes there.

and for the last time, Tubby Smith was not fired or asked to resign, he left on his own.

you guys want to just go ahead and make this the "College Basketball Off-Season Thread"?

this vid is awesome, probably more appreciated by me, but still
laugh.gif

i've never seen that news lady before, that's why that Jon Stewart comment is so good.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That vid is fantastic! I feel like this time Donovan is going to leavethe Gators. Florida just doesn't give a s!#* about it's basketball team unless they are winning national titles, even then the Odome doesn't sellout. And the Odome only seats 13k. Rupp seats 24k, every game is sold out - even this year. Donovan doesn't get the recognition from the UF fan base thathe would at Kentucky. At Kentucky, he would be a god. Like Meyer is at UF. After two subpar years, and imo an overrated class coming next year, I'm bettingon Donovan going to the Cats.

Coaches not even gettin two years now
laugh.gif

Stuff is outta control, Kentucky is like Notre Dame and some other schools where they have fallen behind, it goes in cycles, but some in control don't wantto admit it. This isnt 1996.

Im not even sayin Billy did much when he was there, im saying this is the guy you canned Tubby Smith for and you hand pick him (greatest program in the world,we should be able to pick anyone we want) and then you give him two years and he's out
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom