Calipari to Kentucky.

If we get Travis Ford were gonna be lookin at a rough couple years, thats all i'm sayin.

Ford and Gillispie are both damn good basketball coaches...

Unfortunately for Billy G, the coach's personality and and being a "_____ guy" plays as big (or bigger in some cases) a role as anything with alot of jobs...

Look at Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and several other coaching searches over the past couple of years... They want Aggie guys, or Fighting Irish guys, orwhatever, and when they break that mold and it's not an instant success they panic...

laugh.gif
Kentucky fans need to get over whatever it is they feel about thisteam and realize it's gonna be a rough year or two as it is regardless of who they hire... That team just flat out isn't very good. Period... You mightmake the tournament next year with Calipari, or Donovan, or even Ford, but you're not making deep runs for a couple of years... There's just not enoughtalent in Lexington to expect any real success...

we need a players coach and that is ford because ford knows what comes with the kentucky name and can relate to the players playing for uk and ford is not an#*@ to the players like bcg, ive been with a few of the players all today and they are celebrating him being gone

Nowitness, i think Cal brings instant success...if he can bring John Wall. i don't mean a Final Four contender or anything like that, but i mean a top 15or so team.

I'll be happy with Ford, bringing in one of our own to get it done is better than bringing in Florida's coach...tho it may take longer for Ford to"get it done" than it would with Donovan, but who knows....

what i do know is that i've had enough of this crazy @+@# over the last 20 hours and i'm ready for a drink.
laugh.gif

going to have some adult beverages and root for the Wildcats at 7.
pimp.gif

University of Kentucky basketball coach Billy Gillispie left UK President Lee Todd's campus mansion without comment Friday afternoon after meeting with Todd and Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart for about 18 minutes.

A driver in a green Chevy Silverado with Texas license plates and a Texas A&M decal on the window dropped Gillispie off at Maxwell Place about 2 p.m. The same vehicle picked Gillispie up and drove away at 2:18 p.m.

Barnhart left the mansion about 10 minutes later. He declined to comment about the meeting, which officials have indicated would be about Gillispie's future as coach of the UK Wildcats. Todd remained in the house as of 2:40 p.m.

Barnhart arrived at Wildcat Lodge at 2:35 p.m., presumably to explain to the UK players gathered there the outcome of his meeting with Gillispie.

laugh.gif
What the hell?

id like to be fired and handed 6 mil.. i hope they take longer this time and truly analyze who would best fit at their school.

Originally Posted by tmay407

University of Kentucky basketball coach Billy Gillispie left UK President Lee Todd's campus mansion without comment Friday afternoon after meeting with Todd and Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart for about 18 minutes.

A driver in a green Chevy Silverado with Texas license plates and a Texas A&M decal on the window dropped Gillispie off at Maxwell Place about 2 p.m. The same vehicle picked Gillispie up and drove away at 2:18 p.m.

Barnhart left the mansion about 10 minutes later. He declined to comment about the meeting, which officials have indicated would be about Gillispie's future as coach of the UK Wildcats. Todd remained in the house as of 2:40 p.m.

Barnhart arrived at Wildcat Lodge at 2:35 p.m., presumably to explain to the UK players gathered there the outcome of his meeting with Gillispie.
laugh.gif
What the hell?
Bye Bye Turgeon?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For real though... If I'm Texas Tech, I fire Pat Knight RIGHT NOW and tell Billy Clyde to name his price...

My boy just texted me and said that he just saw Andy Katz say that Calipari would take the job if offered...anyone else see this?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

My boy just texted me and said that he just saw Andy Katz say that Calipari would take the job if offered...anyone else see this?

I heard about this on Catspause... I hope it's true

I can't believe how bad of a beating that Cutler is taking over for running BG down
laugh.gif

WildKyCat... do you have a premium membership on catspause? Im hearing some issues came up during the ND game the other night and it's only availablethere.. Fill me in. Heard something about Meeks being asked to quit or somethin.

Can someone post the link on HOB on catspause. It mentions the situation with Meeks, also says BCG tried to kick Darius Miller off the team for being to softafter bumping heads during a loose ball drill.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Can someone post the link on HOB on catspause. It mentions the situation with Meeks, also says BCG tried to kick Darius Miller off the team for being to soft after bumping heads during a loose ball drill.
I really wanna see this too.

-Meeks dad had this to say: http://www.kentucky.com/881/story/741581.html

The father of UK's leading scorer, Jodie Meeks, welcomed the news.

"It clearly didn't look like it was working," Orestes Meeks said.

The elder Meeks suggested that Gillispie made it difficult for Kentucky to maximize its potential.

"You don't want to throw gasoline on the flames, but, clearly, a lot of things happened behind the scenes that made it difficult for the kids toplay basketball and focus on winning," the elder Meeks said.

This has been a mess. Who knows who the next coach will be?

I don't have a premium membership, but my dude does. I'll see if i can get that post tomorrow. tho, i don't think it's a big deal or else iprobably would've heard/read something about it.

from what i've picked up, the new coach will be announced Monday.

"In response to the rumors circulating about my interest in other jobs, I wanted to address this as quickly as possible," Donovan said in a statement. "I am committed to the University of Florida and look forward to continuing to build our program here."

Donovan is very good with his choice of words, made the same type of statement when Tubby left. i like how he didn't say "i'm notgoing to UK."

Calipari also hasn't said "i'm not going to Kentucky."

Billy Gillispie failed at Kentucky for one reason, and one reason only: He didn't understand what it took to succeed. Literally, Gillispie didn't understand the culture of Kentucky basketball and the role of the Kentucky basketball coach in that culture.

That's an accusation that normally makes me cringe - he doesn't understand what it means to be the coach here! - but it's the kind of accusation you hear all the time, mainly on message boards or talk radio. Fans who think they know a lot more than they do get together and gripe about their coach "not understanding the culture" of whatever program he's coaching.

As if you, or I, know the culture of a school better than the guy sitting in the head coach's chair. But in this instance, that really seems to be the case. Gillispie didn't understand what he had. Didn't understand what was expected of him. Didn't understand the culture of Kentucky basketball.

Gillispie lost whatever slippery grasp he had on his job during the SEC tournament, after uttering a quote that will live in infamy in the state of Kentucky. When asked about being an ambassador for the University of Kentucky, Gillispie said, "That wasn't on the job description." Proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, he didn't understand where he was or what he was.

I'm hearing that Gillispie's quote - being an ambassador for UK "wasn't on the job description" for the UK coach - made its way to the school president. And when it got there, Gillispie was finished.

Anthony Grant going to 'Bama almost ends all Donovan to UK speculation. Donovan and Grant have the same agent.

I found that report from Andy Katz. he said that Calipari would be very interested in the job IF contacted. Dicky V said we should go after Cal as well.

I really hope we offer Cal whatever he wants. if we go all in on him, and he declines, Ford should be the coach. don't bring me Rick Barnes.

Calipari and Rick Pitino hate each other's guts.
pimp.gif

these things are true:

- Coach told Jodie Meeks in a number of games to stop shooting and decried him for his selfishness, even during his 54 point performance in Knoxville. He told Meeks he should quit on a number of occasions and even threatened to kick him off the team in his last game ever, in South Bend during the NIT.

- At halftime of one game, he forced a player to sit in a bathroom stall with the door closed during the entire break because he said he couldnt stand to look at him.

- On more than one occasion, when a young player went into his office to ask for advice on how he could get better, he returned from the office having been berated by the coach and crying as he returned to Wildcat Lodge.

- On one road trip, a player who had been injured but was deemed to be too "soft" by the Coach was told to walk to the hotel from the arena, and only after teammates said that they would be get off the bus and walk with him, was he allowed back on.

smh.gif

and i don't think Jasper transferred because he wanted to get closer to home. Jasper returned to action quickly following his microfracture surgerybecause he felt pressured by BG basically saying he was a soft %%!!%.

you can act like Bob Knight if you're winning games.

it's not that i really didn't believe that...but we only got 3 guys that i care about coming back (Pat, Jodie, and Darius Miller.) i couldn't careless if the rest of those bums didn't like him and wanted to quit or transfer bc they suck, you feel me? i would add Perry Stevenson too, at leasthe's serviceable. Porter has said that he loves Gillispie. of course Porter loves him...Gillispie started him and gave him 30 mins a game.

but Meeks is a great, great, respectful kid....so yeah, there's a problem.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

and i don't think Jasper transferred because he wanted to get closer to home. Jasper returned to action quickly following his microfracture surgery because he felt pressured by BG basically saying he was a soft %%!!%.
Yo Derrick left pretty much cuz he couldn't stand BG or UK for that matter. Part of it was being closer to home, but mainly he told me therewas just a lot of bs going on there and i think it might be safe to assume the bs started and ended with Gillispie
laugh.gif

John Calipari's daughter, Erin Calipari, is an officer of a "Calipari to UK" facebook group.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom