Calipari to Kentucky.

^ I can completely understand that. For high profile schools, there's no time for a coach to be farting around, missing their conferences finals orsemifinals 2 years in a row, not even making the tournament one year.

^ Alright hear me on this for one minute.....I think when your "high profile" school hasnt made even a FF since 1998 you understand that the senseof entitlement, the "this is Kentucky" way of thinking is akin to Notre Dame and Nebraska football where that clouds the current picture and it'snot like the school was coming off back to back titles and were restocked to keep it going. They chose to can Smith and they brought in a guy they wanted,knowing the program was not at the top. NOBODY felt good about his first two years but name me a school that feels good about their years every single season.Kentucky (in my mind at least) is not exempt from taking a step back or being where they are at because quite frankly they havent really been elite in over adecade. Hire a guy, the right guy because apparently Kentucky can name their man, and then let him bring in his recruits, and have some patience.

"This is Kentucky" worked in the old day. The way sports are set up now that isn't as valid anymore. Just my take at least, I'm just takinanother way of lookin at things obviously I dont follow it as closely as you all. Maybe im talkin hypothetical more than anything. Hell Billy might really begarbage and in that case please omit
laugh.gif
tired.gif
tongue.gif
It's Friday people

I don't get this Kentucky sense of entitlement. Unlike a UCLA or a Syrcause, Kentucky doesn't have the in-state talent that a NY or California have.

RyGuy, i think that by firing Gillispie, they're admitting that they were wrong and want to go ahead and cut their losses. They feel that he's not cutout for the job and everything that comes with it. I posted a good article about this in the College Basketball Thread if you'd like to check it out.

Fox is reporting Billy Donovan is out at Florida.

mhewm1.jpg

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Kentucky (in my mind at least) is not exempt from taking a step back or being where they are at because quite frankly they havent really been elite in over a decade.
i wouldn't go as far as a decade.

we lost to Dwayne Wade in the Elite 8 as 1 seed (#1 overall), we were a 1 seed in '04, and we lost to Michigan State in the elite 8 as a 2 seed in '05.

This +%%@ cracks me up. They got dudes tracking planes going in/out of both Gainesville and Lexington.
laugh.gif

hang on and i'll get the link to watch it.

"This was a decision based on how Coach Gillispie views and manages the Program" - from UK.

wildKYcat - good points

Billy D alot easier leaving UF when youre sitting on two straight NIT appearances as opposed to two straight national championships huh
laugh.gif

Day he returned to Florida in 2007:
"As long as the University of Florida would like to have me here, this is where I want to be," Donovan said. "For my part, I want to be at the University of Florida for the rest of my time coaching."

pimp.gif

Donovan just said he is commited to Florida and wont be looking at any job openings, just said it on espn news.

[h2]Donovan will not be a candidate at Kentucky[/h2]
Posted on: March 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Score: 90

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Billy Donovan is staying at Florida.

A source close to Florida told CBSSports.com that Donovan will not be a candidate for any college job that is open or might open later this offseason, Kentucky included. An official statement is expected later Friday

that's from gary parrish.

Ford can flat out coach, and he'd do well.

But yeah....not the home run, and looks kinda stupid takin another young guy with limited success.

that's not exactly true...it may not be an upgrade hiring Ford, but it would certainly not be a bad move. Ford knows what comes with the job,much better than Gillispie did, something the administration has stressed.

i mean who's a better coach, Ford or Gillispie? kind of a toss up at this point imo.

Gillispie never would sign his %**@*+* contract for crying out loud.

Still hope they go after Calipari first.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom