Camping out "Dealing with Wife/Girlfriend" Employment

Originally Posted by MonStar1

They need to film a documentary on this.  I'd watch. 
They did
*cues youtube video of 2 chubby guys asking about campers about shoes*

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Even if they go for $1k all the emotional damage they go through won't be worth 
roll.gif

Walk in on their wife/girl slurping up some other guy and wonder why, diddy bop in the room sneakers in hand going from 
happy.gif
pimp.gif
 to 
mad.gif
frown.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  That prolly will happen to a few guys who camp out all week for those foams. Girl/Wife be slurping another guy all week.

I work 24 hours on the regular every week...usually on Mondays and I hate it...and that's inside a nice temperature controlled hospital, with food and people I actually know to talk to, not to say making 6 times what these dudes are making an hour when you break it down...I STILL HATE IT and would give anything to be at home in bed with my wife...reason I'm giving up the second job.I always thought money > time but I'm slowly realizing is the other way around...
This is exactly what I thought prior to getting married as well.  Which is why I'm not even upset that I don't DJ as much as use to.  More time with the family.

Steezy aren't you camping out for the Yeezy 2's when they drop?

And yes, people that camp for shoes are lames

*in before people on NT defend them*

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK

SOME GUY WANTS TO PAY ME $150 TO WAIT IN LINE STARTING TOMORROW TILL THEY RELEASE FRIDAY MORNING @ 8 AM

SO HE CAN GET AN EXTRA PAIRS ( HE IS GOING TO CAMP OUT WITH ME ALONG WITH ANOTHER HOMMIE HE WANTS TO PAY TO DO THE SAME)

BUT IS IT WORTH IT?.... THE MONEY DOESNT SOUND BAD...BUT THE WHOLE SITTING/SLEEPING IN CHAIRS ...USING RESTROOMS....& ETC

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I want them, I really do and thought I would actually camp one night to try and get them, but then I landed back to earth and decided I rather save myself the dignity and take my chances buying them off the first dude that steps out the store with my size...paying resell value sucks, but I rather that than sleep in the street.

Camping that long isn't necessarily new. I remember when the Stash 95's and AF1's dropped at Nort a few years ago, dudes were camped out a week early, right up that little ramp going up to the front entrance when Nort was there on Lafayette St. I'd love a pair of each of those, but I can't imagine it's worth that kind of time. I waited a couple of hours in line for the cement iv's and missed em and I'm still heated at the time wasted. These foams are so limited, you KNOW that there's gonna be mad heads walking away with nothing after camping outside for a WEEK.

Also, to the people asking what they tell their wives/girlfriends, you REALLY think someone who's priorities lead them to sleeping in the street for a week for a pair of kicks has a wifey at home? I doubt they have the type of personality that lands them a chic. These shoes = a 3-way to them.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I want them, I really do and thought I would actually camp one night to try and get them, but then I landed back to earth and decided I rather save myself the dignity and take my chances buying them off the first dude that steps out the store with my size...paying resell value sucks, but I rather that than sleep in the street.
Don't even blame you, save the camping for the kids/broke dudes with no life.  If you have it so you can pay resell and not need to worry about it, then do it.  Exactly why you will never catch me sleeping on a damn street for shoes 
laugh.gif

I remember the days when you could just walk in the store a week after release date and cop. Now when I walk in shoe stores its nothing but a bunch of team jordans reebok and adidas on the shelves

The worst I've seen was a grown !#% man camping out for the Altitude XIII's at NTSF. From what I remember, dude was first in line and called in sick to camp out for a few days.

Dudes been camping since Saturday, it's by far the most pitiful thing I've witnessed and an all time low in this "shoe game"

-no way these dudes have regular jobs
-no way they care one but about grades
-and I know my wife would laugh in my face if I even talked about sleeping on the street like a damn bum for a whole week for kicks, if I actually did it I wouldn't blame her if she left me, what type of man does that

Sad thing is dudes think they make a killing reselling these, if they actually had a real job they'll most likely make more hourly than what theyve invested waiting to get these....these clowns suck at math.
in a nutshell
roll.gif

I remember the days when you could just walk in the store a week after release date and cop.

*sighs* That was a great time man... a great time...

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

I did the math and if they've been out camping since Mon that means by time sat comes they would be outside for 120 hrs, if they resell them lets just say $600 they will only be making $5/hr. Not to mention the weather conditions and chances of being robbed in their sleep plus the funk they incur.
Like what would they do if somebody ran by and dumped buckets of water on them? If they chase them they lose their spot in line, if they don't they just have to sit there wet and embarrased. Its a lose lose. These guys need to grow up, Very pathetic 

30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

this needs to be done while someone's recording 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 4one5

The worst I've seen was a grown !#% man camping out for the Altitude XIII's at NTSF. From what I remember, dude was first in line and called in sick to camp out for a few days.

At the YOTR 7 release at west 72nd there was son on line and dad across the street at blades lined up for the Cheech n Chongs, they could care less which they got, asking as they got something.....that same day there was a dude lined up with his girl, little sister and two toddlers in carriages....like fam you can't possibly be serious...

They forget to factor in Ebay/PP fees as well which takes roughly another 10% and the time and money to pack and ship the shoes. 1% or so.

$1000 sale-Cost(200)-Fees($100)= $700 "take home", $500 profit.

$500 for 5 days of camping 24 hrs= STUPIDITY.

What i don't get is why 100 people will camp outside knowing DAMN WELL the store won't even get more than 30 or so pairs. Like what the hell are you wasting your time for?

I'm not built for the camping stuff, waking up a few hours early maybe but camp overnight and miss a bath? hell no!

to be fair the kid that called them Jordan Galaxy's was getting them for his dad
laugh.gif

i would raise so much hell is my man wanted to camp for a week for sneakers...even if you could afford a week off from work you use that time to wait in line for sneakers?

At the YOTR 7 release at west 72nd there was son on line and dad across the street at blades lined up for the Cheech n Chongs, they could care less which they got, asking as they got something.....that same day there was a dude lined up with his girl, little sister and two toddlers in carriages....like fam you can't possibly be serious...

30t6p3b.gif

Wow. What a %%@#%%! loser. For some shoes though? If I can't get them online, **!# it.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i would raise so much hell if my man wanted to camp for a week for sneakers...

But what if he surprised you with a pair in your size tho...

i don't want any damn foams as much as i love them on guys...

i haven't bought kicks in like 3-4 years...i can't think of a gift that would justify him waiting outside for a week and not going to work or spending time w/me

these guys camping out for a week dont have a job or girlfriend thus they are camping out like losers

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

i would raise so much hell if my man wanted to camp for a week for sneakers...

But what if he surprised you with a pair in your size tho...
Kids sizes don't sell out like that 

i can't think of a gift that would justify him waiting outside for a week and not going to work or spending time w/me

A quickstrike ring?

I always wondered how people did this.
Are there rules?  How do you eat? go to the bathroom?  If you run out of line to go grab food do you lose your spot?  If you go pee do you lose your spot?  If so what do you do??

Ive never camped for anything longer then 6 hours for a Wii when they first dropped.  Longest i waited for shoes was Spacejams waited 3 hours and that felt like forever.

Back
Top Bottom