Can Daytime Running Lights drian your battery in your car??

My car has DRL or auto lights and I was just curious for people who have them that can it burn out your battery in your car?? I usually keep mines on auto because I honestly think that DRL's are pretty cool on my car. Does anyone know? 

My car has DRL or auto lights and I was just curious for people who have them that can it burn out your battery in your car?? I usually keep mines on auto because I honestly think that DRL's are pretty cool on my car. Does anyone know? 

If your car is running then no. But if you are just running them with the power on (not sure why you would do this) then yes it would.

If your car is running then no. But if you are just running them with the power on (not sure why you would do this) then yes it would.

You should be fine..

My car's DRLs only turn on when the engine is, or in my old car, where they turn on only when the engine is on and the hand brake is off..

You should be fine..

My car's DRLs only turn on when the engine is, or in my old car, where they turn on only when the engine is on and the hand brake is off..

Originally Posted by Munfy

Your car has an alternator, you're fine.

word... If your engine is running then...

Spoiler [+]
You better go catch it...

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
bwahahahahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
bwahahahahahahahahaha

my car has DRL's (2002 Toyota 4Runner) and I can say with conviction that it will not affect the life of your battery. I went 110K miles and almost 9 full calendar years on my stock battery (replaced it in August of this year).

my car has DRL's (2002 Toyota 4Runner) and I can say with conviction that it will not affect the life of your battery. I went 110K miles and almost 9 full calendar years on my stock battery (replaced it in August of this year).

Drain or "drian"?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom