Can the Clippers hang a divisional banner in Staples?

They should move but they won't. Can't imagine going to staples as a clippers fan only to walk by all the lakers statues :lol:

any negative comment about anything is considered hate these days
laugh.gif

Yes they can, and yes they should. What if they don't win another division title? Then what?

I say hang it up and establish yourself as a franchise that should be respected. Also, for the time being, the banner will stand out from all the other purple and gold hanging there.

Clippers hate is strong in this thread.

lol wut? relax you are on the first page... :lol:

IMO it would make the clippers org look super thirsty... reminds me of their fan base begging for some relevancy hahahaha

but the clippers are legit this year no doubt, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did do it....

but I would still laugh and point at it every time I went to staples hahaha

Yes they can, and yes they should. What if they don't win another division title? Then what?

I say hang it up and establish yourself as a franchise that should be respected. Also, for the time being, the banner will stand out from all the other purple and gold hanging there.
thats the thing though, because they play in the lakers building, hanging that up wont be respected. 

I looked at it differently. The Clipper fan base deserves to be there opening day and see their banner raised.

Last edited:
thats the thing though, because they play in the lakers building, hanging that up wont be respected. 
Even if the banner isn't respected it's still something the Clipper franchise can, at the very least, use as a means to give the Lakers a black eye in "their house." It would be a black eye that they can never get rid of, like ugly furniture that your parents won't let you get rid of.

Side question: The Lakers turn down the lights to keep the focus on the game instead of the celebrities in the arena. So when the Clippers and Lakers play and the Clippers are the home team, do the celebrities not show up to those games?

Last edited:
Even if the banner isn't respected it's still something the Clipper franchise can, at the very least, use as a means to give the Lakers a black eye in "their house." It would be a black eye that they can never get rid of, like ugly furniture that your parents won't let you get rid of.

Side question: The Lakers turn down the lights to keep the focus on the game instead of the celebrities in the arena. So when the Clippers and Lakers play and the Clippers are the home team, do the celebrities not show up to those games?

Lol. They'll sure show us up, won't they.

Then again Staples Center was built from the Kings and they're the only team in the building with banners that are actually hanging from the rafters over the court (Lakers and Sparks banners are mounted on the wall)
Everyone knows Staples Center was built for the Lakers. And the Kings' banners were hanging on the wall next to the Lakers' championship banners up until this year.

Then again Staples Center was built from the Kings and they're the only team in the building with banners that are actually hanging from the rafters over the court (Lakers and Sparks banners are mounted on the wall)

View media item 348347

Everyone knows Staples Center was built for the Lakers. And the Kings' banners were hanging on the wall next to the Lakers' championship banners up until this year.
Naw the Staples Center was built for the LA Kings.

well if thats the reason then they should have thrown up a "preseason sweep" banner and a blake dunking over gasol banner

well if thats the reason then they should have thrown up a "preseason sweep" banner and a blake dunking over gasol banner

LOLWUT?

Is there any report that Staples really was built for the Kings? I always assumed it was meant for the Lakers first and foremost.

Is there any report that Staples really was built for the Kings? I always assumed it was meant for the Lakers first and foremost.
i dont think it was built for the lakers or the kings, it was built for entertainment in general. just look at the buildings around it from the convention center to LA live

this is the best I could find so far... Surprised you Lakers fans don't know this :lol:

Los Angeles city officials want the owners of the Los Angeles Kings to develop a $240 million, 20,000 seat sports and entertainment complex near the downtown Los Angeles Convention Center. The arena could also be used by the Los Angeles Lakers, which currently share the Great Western Forum in Inglewood with the Kings. Lakers owner Jerry Buss has said he would follow the Kings to a downtown facility, but he would prefer to have a new arena built in Inglewood, 15 miles southwest of downtown. August 9, 1996.

Edward Roski, an owner of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, has signed a formal proposal to build a $240 million sports arena near the downtown convention center if the city agrees to a financing plan. The arena would house the Kings and Lakers beginning in 1999-2000. August 16, 1996.

Los Angeles officials have signed a letter endorsing a formal proposal by the owners of the Los Angeles Kings to build a $240 million sports arena by 1999. Edward Roski, an owner of the Kings, signed the formal proposal to build the arena near the downtown convention center on August 16, 1996 - provided the city agrees to a financing plan. August 20, 1996.

The planned arena would be developed and owned by the Los Angeles Kings, a hockey franchise and shared by the Lakers. Though the facility could cost more than $200 million, the payoff is expected to be substantial.
http://basketball.ballparks.com/NBA/LosAngelesLakers/newindex.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom