Can the Thunder beat the Lakers in the first round?

Please JDiddy you really just talking nonsense. Golden State had mismatches with Dallas across the board and like has been said beat them silly for 2 years before that series. The only glaring advantage that the Thunder have over LA is at PG with Westbrook over Fish. Every other position LA has the advantage, if anything with Kobe hurt (I think he'll be ready by Sunday) he will cancel KD's production out. And if Bynum comes back no way does OKC remotely have a chance against us on the inside.

Now am I saying that's it's going to be a sweep, no. I personally think most of the games will be close. But to say they have a better chance than the Warriors did against Dallas is just asinine. Lakers in 5, or 6 at the most.    

the thunder cant beat the lakers in a series, i'd give them the most 2 games at home, but more than likely it'd be 4-1

Lakers in 6. You think they've given a !*+! in the past few weeks. Team is headed to the WCF no doubt in my mind. Past that I don't know.

CP

Ok will you can't control it but HISTORY is on your side...right?
I mean in past history the Western Conference has ALWAYS been this tight...right?
I don't care what anyone says ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN...It's just a matter of IF it happens...
laugh.gif
like you said I'm still going to post on NT so I will be here second round, CF, and Finals...no matter the outcome
wink.gif

Originally Posted by solesavage

If Durant ever steps into a weight room, he'd be deadly. As of now he is not physically strong enough to carry a team trhough the playoffs. IMO

What more does he have to do for people to shut the hell up about his weight. It's never held him back and it never will. He can score on whoever he wants, whenever he wants right now. I didn't know being "physically strong" was a requirement for a playoff run.

Jdiddy931 wrote:
but they have a better chance then Golden State did to Dallas a couple of years ago.

what a lot of you folks including this guy are forgetting that don nelson built that dallas team and avery johnson was his protege'...so who you think had the upper hand in that? word to gruden and the raiders in the superbowl

this is also the same dude that stated on 11/16/09 in the Lakers season thread

Jdiddy931 wrote:
Suns on top the West.
  well that was fun while it lasted huh?

the fact of the matter is this dude just gets hyped over his pathetic team and lets us the Laker nation know about it...only to come home disappointed...a majority of us Laker fans know this aint no cake walk...i predicted to go the full 7

you should really worry about your 6 time pacific division champion team playing the nuggs before you worry about the Lakers and thunder

i really hope to play your suns in the 2nd round so you can finally fall down hard to earth and realize your team will NEVER EVER EVER EVER win anything

so how confident that if we do meet in the 2nd round...confident enough to put your sn on the line?

Anything can happen ... people need to stop trying to predict things that they have no control over.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Jdiddy931 wrote:

but they have a better chance then Golden State did to Dallas a couple of years ago.
 what a lot of you folks including this guy are forgetting that don nelson built that dallas team and avery johnson was his protege'...so who you think had the upper hand in that? word to gruden and the raiders in the superbowl

Jdiddy931 wrote:

Suns on top the West.

the fact of the matter is this dude just gets hyped over his pathetic team and lets us the Laker nation know about it...only to come home disappointed...a majority of us Laker fans know this aint no cake walk...i predicted to go the full 7

you should really worry about your 6 time pacific division champion team playing the nuggs before you worry about the Lakers and thunder

i really hope to play your suns in the 2nd round so you can finally fall down hard to earth and realize your team will NEVER EVER EVER EVER win anything

so how confident that if we do meet in the 2nd round...confident enough to put your sn on the line?

Not confident at all. Where did I say one thing about the Suns beating the Lakers in a series? All I'm seeing is Laker fans saying how Lakers will ease their way to the 2nd round from beating the Thunder..... sooooo how bout YOU put your SN on the line saying the Thunder will get knocked out. I just hate the fact that Laker fans think their a lock to the finals when they got 7 other teams that will challenge them, including the Thunder who they will see this weekend.
pimp.gif

Did I say anything about the Thunder winning the series? No. I said they'll challenge the Lakers, but of course you guys think nothing can touch LA so why bother.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by solesavage

If Durant ever steps into a weight room, he'd be deadly. As of now he is not physically strong enough to carry a team trhough the playoffs. IMO

What more does he have to do for people to shut the hell up about his weight. It's never held him back and it never will. He can score on whoever he wants, whenever he wants right now. I didn't know being "physically strong" was a requirement for a playoff run.

Are you mad? lol 

Where did I insinuate that he's not a great athlete? IMO I feel that he would be a bigger threat if he put on some muscle.

From personal experience, I was never able to execute as much in the paint when I wasnt lifting. It's common sense for someone to be a bigger threat if they developed a stronger frame.

They're capable of winning the series but like mentioned before they're just too young and dont have playoff experience. I can see them taking it to 6 games, nothing more.

I have this gut feeling that if it happens, Serge Ibaka will be this years breakout player. Pau and Bynum don't want it with "Iblocka"

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Jdiddy931 wrote:

Jdiddy931 wrote:

Suns on top the West.

Not confident at all. Where did I say one thing about the Suns beating the Lakers in a series? All I'm seeing is Laker fans saying how Lakers will ease their way to the 2nd round from beating the Thunder..... sooooo how bout YOU put your SN on the line saying the Thunder will get knocked out. I just hate the fact that Laker fans think their a lock to the finals when they got 7 other teams that will challenge them, including the Thunder who they will see this weekend.
pimp.gif

Did I say anything about the Thunder winning the series? No. I said they'll challenge the Lakers, but of course you guys think nothing can touch LA so why bother.
Jdiddy931 wrote:

youre contradicting yourself....youre saying the thunder have a better chance beating the Lakers than the warriors beating dallas...the fact is the warriors DID beat the mavs.
where did i say nobody is touching LA? didnt i just say this series is going the full 7?...thats not exactly untouchable is it?

i'll put my sn up if you put yours in this series

but honestly id prefer betting our sns if OUR teams play...its much more sweeter that way

Jdiddy931 wrote:

Jdiddy931 wrote:

Suns on top the West.

pimp.gif

Good Lord.  Why don't you stick to talking about things you know about, like losing series in every postseason you've ever been in, always coming up short in the big games/series, things like that.  Let the adults talk in here please. 

Listen to yourself, seriously.  Talking about "Laker fans"  saying they're a lock to the finals.  WHAT LAKER FAN IN HERE OR OTHER THREADS HAVE SAID WE ARE A LOCK TO THE FINALS?  Serious.  Where?  Who said we were a LOCK to get to the finals?  I talk as much crap as I can on this board, and haven't once this year said we were a lock for a finals trip, or a title.  NOT ONCE.  So where are these alleged Laker fans you speak of?  Who are they?  Name names for us please. 

Fact is you are sad that your season is done in a week or so, and tryin to stir us up by spouting nonsense.  You been doin it for about 2 months now.  Any why do you want Laker fans to bet their SN's on a first round series?  Really, why?  What do you offer us?  One less Suns fan SN who won't be around after next week anyways?  Why would we care?  You'll be under a rock after the first round anyways, so what's the difference? 

No one in here has said anything remotely negative about the Thunder.  Nobody has said it would be a sweep, or too easy, or who will we face next round, NONE OF IT.  So why keep trying to call us out and act like we are? 

I've been saying it for years (based on personal experience)......Arizona fans are the worst fans in all of sports.

I cant even stand to read some of these posts. IMO i think the Thunder can definitely win a game, MAYBE 2. Bynum, Gasol, and Odom are incredibly tough to deal with for one night, let alone a 7 game series. Not to mention we have Kobe Bryant..

Do you guys really think the Lakers arent going to come out in a 100% focused, determined mindset?.. They are defending their title people
laugh.gif
, I see Ron giving Durant SOME trouble at points in the series. You cant stop KD, no one can.. but I definitely think Ron can do as good of a job as most people in the league, in my opinion I think Ron should just face guard him and stay up on him and if/when KD gets by him, he'll have Bynum or Gasol or Lamar to deal with.

I dont see the Lakers coming out lackadaisical whatsoever, cant wait to see this Kobe/Durant matchup.

Lakers in 5. Good, quality close games though.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

anybody in the West can beat anybody in the West.

keep dreaming

only 1 team that can beat the lakers and thats the nuggets

as for the thunder beating the lakers..... lakers won the season series 3 to 1... if bynum comes back and artest plays D on durant like he did earlier in the season it will be short work for the lakers

That's What I'm Talking About!
MY MAN NobleKane
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

anybody in the West can beat anybody in the West.
Disagree. The only team that can beat the Lakers is San Antonio----- that's if Duncan, Parker and Manu are all healthy and playing extremely well.

Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, etc- good teams but not contendors.

This.

I'm excited for this series, should be interesting to watch Durant in his first playoffs. I think Artest will bully him and make him shoot jumpers all series cause Durant weak as a baby born premature. I think the matchup to watch will be at point guard because Fisher has no chance against Westbrook nor does Farmar. I think if the Thunder steal one in LA, the series will go six.

The only way Lakers lose to OKC is if Kobe sprain his ankle in the first game and force to sit out the whole series

We all know a Kobe less Lakers are doo doo

Back
Top Bottom