Can the Thunder beat the Lakers in the first round?

if Kobe is back at even 85%, not a chance. If he's playin like he's been playin the past couple weeks, then yes, but probably not

I'm excited for this series, should be interesting to watch Durant in his first playoffs. I think Artest will bully him and make him shoot jumpers all series cause Durant weak as a baby born premature. I think the matchup to watch will be at point guard because Fisher has no chance against Westbrook nor does Farmar. I think if the Thunder steal one in LA, the series will go six.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

The only way Lakers lose to OKC is if Kobe sprain his ankle in the first game and force to sit out the whole series

We all know a Kobe less Lakers are doo doo
Yeap

If Kobe get injured. It's over quick

CP1708 wrote:
Who said we were a LOCK to get to the finals?  I talk as much crap as I can on this board, and haven't once this year said we were a lock for a finals trip, or a title.  NOT ONCE.  So where are these alleged Laker fans you speak of?  Who are they?  Name names for us please.    
definitely not the legit Laker fans like myself, CP, ska, tupac, kb8, mamba, fro b, notorious, darth, french, bright and certainly NOT noble

unless youre talking to fairweather bandwagon Laker fans then you should just step off

CP1708 wrote:
No one in here has said anything remotely negative about the Thunder.  Nobody has said it would be a sweep, or too easy, or who will we face next round, NONE OF IT.  So why keep trying to call us out and act like we are?  

QFT

again no one here is disrespecting the thunder...i see nothing but full respect to them

dland24 wrote:
I've been saying it for years (based on personal experience)......Arizona fans are the worst fans in all of sports.

zodogg?
laugh.gif

ive only been to arizona once so i cant really judge but how so?

The Lakers have lost 6 or their last 9 games.  Kobe is less than 100 percent.  Artest has never truly adjusted to the triangle offense.  Bynum is coming off an injury.  Their bench has been giving them problems all year. 

So yea...an upset is very possible. 

no laker fan has said we are a lock for the finals, hell even conference finals.

as for the thunder's chances of taking the series.
can they? yes
will they? doubt it

i do think it will be a good series though. any team that has a superstar (ex. durant) has a chance to make some noise.

i just think their lack of experience and youth will catch up to them.

the only team that i could see giving the lakers problems in the west is the mavs.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I like how you guys are proud that stern will help you guys out

it's a joke...bitter much?? Some of you guys are whining like females before the first game, Lakers in a clean sweep.

laugh.gif

I like how your one of those basketball fans who believes in conspiracy theories.

This series will be tough but I'd be surprised if this series lasts more than 5 games.

Durant might put up 40+ plus a night but if he is a one man show each games with no help from Westbrook, Green, Thabo, or Harden you might as well going to Vegas and betting on a Laker sweep .

whys that jdiddy clown tellin other people to put their usernames on the line?

what's he putting on the line if/when the lakers beat okc? a trip to join his fellow suns partner cheezys special all mens group or somethin? all this talk about putting stuff on the line but he's not putting a damn thing on the line

i stopped taking his opinion seriously when he said that okc (a team that has only beat the lakers once over the past 2 seasons) has a better shot of beating the lakers then the warriors did beating dallas back in 2007

the warriors mavs series was the nbas equivilant to the bucs raiders super bowl from 2003. former coach going against his old team that he knows real well. the warriors handled the mavs in the 2006-07 season and what i recall the year before as well. all in all the mavs were the ideal perfect matchup for golden state and it showed in that series, don nelson knew exactly how to play dallas and it showed they were the perfect matchup after they bowed out quickly to utah in round 2 that year.

people are forgetting that this is a 7 game series. meaning the thunder have to beat the lakers 4 times in 2 weeks. it's just not happening. the thunder can win a game or 2 but teams make adjustments and the lakers will do whats necessary to take care of them and thats that.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

laugh.gif

I like how your one of those basketball fans who believes in conspiracy theories.
I know man, I mean he's never helped the Lakers in a series before right?
All I know is if this series goes 7 games and in the final game I see either Joey Crawford or @%%% Bavetta reffing I'm gonna feel cheated right off the bat

laugh.gif

All I know is if this series goes 7 games and in the final game I see either Joey Crawford or @%%% Bavetta reffing I'm gonna feel cheated right off the bat

Not surprising coming from a Kings fan
laugh.gif

You still mad about the 02 WCF
laugh.gif

What's next you going to make the yearly !#@$% & moan thread about that series
laugh.gif

and to all those giving that cute little anyone can beat anyone in the west talk like you really believe its true, aside from 2006 when the mavs made the finals, it's been the same 2 teams comming out the west ever year since 1999

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

and to all those giving that cute little anyone can beat anyone in the west talk like you really believe its true, aside from 2006 when the mavs made the finals, it's been the same 2 teams comming out the west ever year since 1999
damn I know LA is one of the 2 teams...
 I forgot who the other team was...anyone want to help me out?...
nerd.gif

no laker fan has said we are a lock for the finals
There was at least one. I know because I printscreened it just in case.
laugh.gif

I'm still at work though so I can't tell you who it was right now.

this thread is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I love KD35 and Mamba. Tremendous players goin; at it in round 1.

I'm excited to watch this one!

actually i'm just excited for the playoffs to begin in general

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
um, I'm not a Kings fan. I'm a Sixers/Thunder fan, and a fan of seeing a great playoff series won by the team that deserved to win, not the one that makes the most free throws.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
um, I'm not a Kings fan. I'm a Sixers/Thunder fan, and a fan of seeing a great playoff series won by the team that deserved to win, not the one that makes the most free throws.

Just out of curiosity, how do you like the sixers and thunder? 

The better team usually wins the series anyways.  Don't start with this. 

Back
Top Bottom