Car accident, vol did i get screwed

So I got into a car accident last night on the 405 south in Cali...First accident of my life, and it wasn't my fault.
I was with my girl driving (a camry beige) in our lane, when this suv (dodge black), approached from behind us and try to merge right (from the left) in our lane and just sent our side mirrors flying and had some minor paint scratches on our car....

after we both pulled to the side, dude basically said, you guys were in my blind spot, i totally didn't see you guys...I was like, okay, let's exchange information, and he admitted that it was his fault, gave us the information, and said contact my insurance and they should take care of this if not, then give me a call....

So today we called his insurance but to do a claim they have to check with him first, and it'll take maybe up to 3 days, and i can't be driving around with no side mirrors for that long cuz it's hella dangerous....so i try to hit him up to be like, can u call ur insurance and speed up the process....the number didn't even go through....it would ring but then just a message saying that the number was not right....so basically, I'm trying to see if he screwed me and if i should/can even go to the police? 
ohwell.gif

Cliffs

-car accident, left side mirror gone

-guy admitted fault, exchanged info, phony #?

-what should i do now? police? or wait for his insurance.

So I got into a car accident last night on the 405 south in Cali...First accident of my life, and it wasn't my fault.
I was with my girl driving (a camry beige) in our lane, when this suv (dodge black), approached from behind us and try to merge right (from the left) in our lane and just sent our side mirrors flying and had some minor paint scratches on our car....

after we both pulled to the side, dude basically said, you guys were in my blind spot, i totally didn't see you guys...I was like, okay, let's exchange information, and he admitted that it was his fault, gave us the information, and said contact my insurance and they should take care of this if not, then give me a call....

So today we called his insurance but to do a claim they have to check with him first, and it'll take maybe up to 3 days, and i can't be driving around with no side mirrors for that long cuz it's hella dangerous....so i try to hit him up to be like, can u call ur insurance and speed up the process....the number didn't even go through....it would ring but then just a message saying that the number was not right....so basically, I'm trying to see if he screwed me and if i should/can even go to the police? 
ohwell.gif

Cliffs

-car accident, left side mirror gone

-guy admitted fault, exchanged info, phony #?

-what should i do now? police? or wait for his insurance.

Why didn't you call the police in the first place so they could file a report in the case this happened?

Why didn't you call the police in the first place so they could file a report in the case this happened?

As long as you have his car info (you did take down his license plate didn't you?) then the phone number shouldn't matter.

If you can't trace the guy then yes, you're screwed. Call the cops though - you never know they might be able to find him.

As long as you have his car info (you did take down his license plate didn't you?) then the phone number shouldn't matter.

If you can't trace the guy then yes, you're screwed. Call the cops though - you never know they might be able to find him.

Yeah, I got his name and license plate and everything.....

but yeah, since it was my first accident, and i don't know why, but at the time i was like, it's not too bad, so i didn't want to involve the police, which was dumb.

but yeah, since it was my first accident, and i don't know why, but at the time i was like, it's not too bad, so i didn't want to involve the police, which was dumb.

The police round here don't want to know unless someone is injured. As long as you got all that info you should be okay - it's in the interests of your insurance company too so they'll track him down.

The police round here don't want to know unless someone is injured. As long as you got all that info you should be okay - it's in the interests of your insurance company too so they'll track him down.

Originally Posted by Dhrealtalk

AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CALL THE POLICE.. even tho they told me Cali police dont come out unles theres injuries
try that number again..  and if anything your insurance will cover it.. your rates shouldnt go up.. its a not at fault accident.
and if his insurance doesnt do anything.. your insurance subros him or his insurance...

AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CALL THE POLICE.. even tho they told me Cali police dont come out unles theres injuries
try that number again..  and if anything your insurance will cover it.. your rates shouldnt go up.. its a not at fault accident.
and if his insurance doesnt do anything.. your insurance subros him or his insurance...

You`re good then......You will just have to wait to get things fixed.

But you should have gotten a police report, that way you can drive without the mirror until it can get fixed.

Originally Posted by kdawg

yeah that's part of the reason i didn't call the police, cuz i'm not sure how they'll respond when they show up and all that's missing is my mirror, and some paint scratches...but next time i'll definitely call the popo 
tired.gif

You`re good then......You will just have to wait to get things fixed.

But you should have gotten a police report, that way you can drive without the mirror until it can get fixed.

Originally Posted by kdawg

yeah that's part of the reason i didn't call the police, cuz i'm not sure how they'll respond when they show up and all that's missing is my mirror, and some paint scratches...but next time i'll definitely call the popo 
tired.gif

I'm confused, did you get who his insurance provider is and his policy #, if so u can find contact info for them on the internet somehow. I just learned this yesterday as well when I was in my first accident, it helps next time to get the persons cell phone # and call it right there on the spot to make sure they're not bs'ing you.

I'm confused, did you get who his insurance provider is and his policy #, if so u can find contact info for them on the internet somehow. I just learned this yesterday as well when I was in my first accident, it helps next time to get the persons cell phone # and call it right there on the spot to make sure they're not bs'ing you.

Originally Posted by FREAKSHOW

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom