Car accident, vol did i get screwed

Originally Posted by FREAKSHOW

Originally Posted by Dhrealtalk

Yeah, I got his name and license plate and everything.....

but yeah, since it was my first accident, and i don't know why, but at the time i was like, it's not too bad, so i didn't want to involve the police, which was dumb.
AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CALL THE POLICE.. even tho they told me Cali police dont come out unles theres injuries
try that number again..  and if anything your insurance will cover it.. your rates shouldnt go up.. its a not at fault accident.
and if his insurance doesnt do anything.. your insurance subros him or his insurance...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

I'm confused, did you get who his insurance provider is and his policy #, if so u can find contact info for them on the internet somehow. I just learned this yesterday as well when I was in my first accident, it helps next time to get the persons cell phone # and call it right there on the spot to make sure they're not bs'ing you.
I got his insurance provider, policy number, and license plate...i'll look into finding out more on the internet...thanks!

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

I'm confused, did you get who his insurance provider is and his policy #, if so u can find contact info for them on the internet somehow. I just learned this yesterday as well when I was in my first accident, it helps next time to get the persons cell phone # and call it right there on the spot to make sure they're not bs'ing you.
I got his insurance provider, policy number, and license plate...i'll look into finding out more on the internet...thanks!

I was in my buddy's car one day when a reckless dude cut my friend off and ended up pulling off his front bumper. We pull over, and the guy is just acting sketchy as hell and giving fake, expired insurance info. My friend decides to call the cops, and even asks the guy if it's ok with him. I dno if this guy was high, couldn't understand english, or was just plain stupid, but he agreed. Cops show up, run his ID, cuff the dude and is sent away in a cop car. Turned out he had an outstanding warrant for an arrest out for him
laugh.gif

Cliffnotes: just call the cops

I was in my buddy's car one day when a reckless dude cut my friend off and ended up pulling off his front bumper. We pull over, and the guy is just acting sketchy as hell and giving fake, expired insurance info. My friend decides to call the cops, and even asks the guy if it's ok with him. I dno if this guy was high, couldn't understand english, or was just plain stupid, but he agreed. Cops show up, run his ID, cuff the dude and is sent away in a cop car. Turned out he had an outstanding warrant for an arrest out for him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
duly noted.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
duly noted.

Remember, his insurance company is trying to protect their interests and get you to admit fault. Don't fall into their traps when they ask stupid questions. They did it to me, but I eventually got paid.

Remember, his insurance company is trying to protect their interests and get you to admit fault. Don't fall into their traps when they ask stupid questions. They did it to me, but I eventually got paid.

laugh.gif

hahahaha i had a similar situation happen to me.

dude rear ended me while i was at stopped at a red light.  we both get out to check the damage and i ask dude for his drivers license and insurance so we can swap info (i dont trust people to write it down for me, i need to see that stuff myself).  I'm writing down dudes info and his license plate number and stuff, but then dude is actin mad sketchy and starts disputing that there is even damage.  I hit the dude with the 
indifferent.gif
 and point out the 24" wide dent to my rear bumper.  He says "how do I know that wasn't there before?"  I said you're right man, You hitting me at 25MPH while I was at a deadstop did absolutely ZERO damage to my car, that huge @@% dent must have been there before.  Why dont we go ahead and call the cops and let them figure it out? I hop on the phone and call the local PD and while I'm talking to dispatch, dude tries to dip on me.  My buddy tries to stop the dude, but he just zooms off.  Cops call me about 45 minutes later.  Apparantly dude went straight home and the cops met him there and I found out why dude was actin so sketch.  He was driving with a suspended license due to a past DUI.  He was also pretty drunk so they hit him with another DUI.  Serves him right.  He coulda just played it cool, accepted responsibility, and let insurance handle it, but nope he got to spend the night in the drunk tank instead.  

laugh.gif

hahahaha i had a similar situation happen to me.

dude rear ended me while i was at stopped at a red light.  we both get out to check the damage and i ask dude for his drivers license and insurance so we can swap info (i dont trust people to write it down for me, i need to see that stuff myself).  I'm writing down dudes info and his license plate number and stuff, but then dude is actin mad sketchy and starts disputing that there is even damage.  I hit the dude with the 
indifferent.gif
 and point out the 24" wide dent to my rear bumper.  He says "how do I know that wasn't there before?"  I said you're right man, You hitting me at 25MPH while I was at a deadstop did absolutely ZERO damage to my car, that huge @@% dent must have been there before.  Why dont we go ahead and call the cops and let them figure it out? I hop on the phone and call the local PD and while I'm talking to dispatch, dude tries to dip on me.  My buddy tries to stop the dude, but he just zooms off.  Cops call me about 45 minutes later.  Apparantly dude went straight home and the cops met him there and I found out why dude was actin so sketch.  He was driving with a suspended license due to a past DUI.  He was also pretty drunk so they hit him with another DUI.  Serves him right.  He coulda just played it cool, accepted responsibility, and let insurance handle it, but nope he got to spend the night in the drunk tank instead.  

Do you have insurance??? If you do call them and report it. They'll fix your car right away. You might have to pay a deductible but you'll get it back. You insurance will track this guy (and his insurance company) down and get you your money back. Police and DMV only want you to report it if the cost are greater than $500 in damages. Now if this guy gave you false info then file a report for a hit and run.

Do you have insurance??? If you do call them and report it. They'll fix your car right away. You might have to pay a deductible but you'll get it back. You insurance will track this guy (and his insurance company) down and get you your money back. Police and DMV only want you to report it if the cost are greater than $500 in damages. Now if this guy gave you false info then file a report for a hit and run.

If no one was injured in the accident police usually don't come to the scene here in California. You'll have to file a police report and fax all the documents to your insurance company if that guy gave you a fake phone number.

If no one was injured in the accident police usually don't come to the scene here in California. You'll have to file a police report and fax all the documents to your insurance company if that guy gave you a fake phone number.

Just go to that specific police station, tell em what happened, they'll be able to take care of you. Dude is prob painting his truck right now though, so you wanna be quick.

Just go to that specific police station, tell em what happened, they'll be able to take care of you. Dude is prob painting his truck right now though, so you wanna be quick.

Back
Top Bottom