Cd sales 6-29-10 Vol. Em 753k

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

. If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

And Jay hasnt been putting up these numbers for the last 10 years? Sit down Nay. You're starting to sound foolish

Last Steadman album to go OVER 2 was TBA... 7 years ago

If you compare QUALITY of music of Steadman's albums in comparison to Em its NOT even close, he has consistantly been making BETTER music, but not sellin @ the same pace...

Steadman's BIGGEST 1st week to this day was KC... That was like 6 somethin...

you just gay for drake.
Cause I said his album was better than Em's
laugh.gif
why can't ppl just admit this album was dope?
Cause it ISN'T
if this album was mediocre, it wouldn't have outsell relapse (which may cause him to lose some fans b/c of tat accent). but this album is gonna get a lot back.
So album sales detrermine how good an album is?? Or that ONLY the case for Eminem cause it'll more than likely ALWAYS work in his benefit... For obvious reasons
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

white people who know nothing about hiphop are the only people who buy his cds
its not fair comparing him to other rappers

I agree, never understood why people compare Eminem's sales to other rappers. You should compare his sales to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift because those same fan bases are buying Recovery. And thats no dis to Eminem, I like his new album and he is talented. But he has a huge advantage over other rappers.
LOL. That's not even comparable, at all. White males don't buy Bieber CDs and Swift CDs, white females do. Em has the same demographic in terms of CD sales as Drake and Wayne, let's be real here.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

white people who know nothing about hiphop are the only people who buy his cds
its not fair comparing him to other rappers

I agree, never understood why people compare Eminem's sales to other rappers. You should compare his sales to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift because those same fan bases are buying Recovery. And thats no dis to Eminem, I like his new album and he is talented. But he has a huge advantage over other rappers.
LOL. That's not even comparable, at all. White males don't buy Bieber CDs and Swift CDs, white females do. Em has the same demographic in terms of CD sales as Drake and Wayne, let's be real here.

. If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

And Jay hasnt been putting up these numbers for the last 10 years? Sit down Nay. You're starting to sound foolish

If you compare QUALITY of music of Steadman's albums in comparison to Em its NOT even close, he has consistantly been making BETTER music, but not sellin @ the same pace...

I think this is funny because you always used to @@%+ on Jay for being inconsistent, then he drops that verse on Drake's album and you love dude.

I think this is funny because you always used to @@%+ on Jay for being inconsistent, then he drops that verse on Drake's album and you love dude.

REplay value on thank me later > recovery
but thats just for me lol

No one start screaming at me please

REplay value on thank me later > recovery
but thats just for me lol

No one start screaming at me please

Last Em album to go OVER 2 was Encore.....6 years ago.

Your 2nd point isnt valid. AG>BP3. And what sold more? Every Jay album>KC. But look at first week numbers.

Your arguments keep flip flopping, its as if you're trying to confuse what youre arguing about until you win cause everyone else gives up trying to decode you.

I dont even like Em's album but I can see blind hate when I see it

Last Em album to go OVER 2 was Encore.....6 years ago.

Your 2nd point isnt valid. AG>BP3. And what sold more? Every Jay album>KC. But look at first week numbers.

Your arguments keep flip flopping, its as if you're trying to confuse what youre arguing about until you win cause everyone else gives up trying to decode you.

I dont even like Em's album but I can see blind hate when I see it

I explained it already in the "2 Best Rappers Alive Thread"...

I don't recall ++!%*@%+ on Steadman for being "inconsistant"per-se, I do recall being honest about his albums (as I am with ANY artist)... If that's what you took from it more power to you...

I don't recall ++!%*@%+ on Steadman for being "inconsistant"per-se, I do recall being honest about his albums (as I am with ANY artist)... If that's what you took from it more power to you...

Once again you cats are gonna be naive about this $++%...

EVERYone already knows that about 60%+ of ALL hip hop is purchased by whites, from NaS to Soulja Boy... dead prez to Drake... What we're sayin is in Eminem's case its a lil different, his #s more than prove that, even when he was selling outrageous amounts I don't really think he was making BETTER music than the majority of the artists he was out sellin by a lot ... If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

Eminem makes the WORST singles... And they're aimed @ a certain group of people... I'll tell you now, it aint the cats in MY hood... I know he recruited the hot @ the moment producer Boi-1-da for his new single and is tryin to appeal more to the urban crowd, but its NOT connectin... Em sold a $++% load of albums, as he always does, and history will show that the quality of his music doesn't really hold a bearing on his #s... They'll ALWAYS be outrageously high... But if YOU think the reason for that is because Eminem is just head and shoulders above everyone else you are VERY naive...

I don't understand how cats are a part of the hip hop community per-se (or listen to the music), but when it comes to somethin like race relations, or even understandin OUR perspective cats act like we're on some reverse racism type $++%...
smh.gif

In a way it reminds me of the thread we had on Plies joint "100 Years", as much of the SAME Music we listen to, and other $++% we may share in common, the fact remains we live under VERY different circumstances, and our mindstates reflect that...

5 star post
pimp.gif

Once again you cats are gonna be naive about this $++%...

EVERYone already knows that about 60%+ of ALL hip hop is purchased by whites, from NaS to Soulja Boy... dead prez to Drake... What we're sayin is in Eminem's case its a lil different, his #s more than prove that, even when he was selling outrageous amounts I don't really think he was making BETTER music than the majority of the artists he was out sellin by a lot ... If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

Eminem makes the WORST singles... And they're aimed @ a certain group of people... I'll tell you now, it aint the cats in MY hood... I know he recruited the hot @ the moment producer Boi-1-da for his new single and is tryin to appeal more to the urban crowd, but its NOT connectin... Em sold a $++% load of albums, as he always does, and history will show that the quality of his music doesn't really hold a bearing on his #s... They'll ALWAYS be outrageously high... But if YOU think the reason for that is because Eminem is just head and shoulders above everyone else you are VERY naive...

I don't understand how cats are a part of the hip hop community per-se (or listen to the music), but when it comes to somethin like race relations, or even understandin OUR perspective cats act like we're on some reverse racism type $++%...
smh.gif

In a way it reminds me of the thread we had on Plies joint "100 Years", as much of the SAME Music we listen to, and other $++% we may share in common, the fact remains we live under VERY different circumstances, and our mindstates reflect that...

5 star post
pimp.gif

You know damn well that half of Jays catalog is weak.

Which would translate into being inconsistent.

You know damn well that half of Jays catalog is weak.

Which would translate into being inconsistent.

I don't get why you keep bringing Em into this.

Jay being inconsistent has NOTHING to do with Em.

Plus, you said the complete opposite in the Relapse thread, and no I'm not grave digging to find the comment.

I don't get why you keep bringing Em into this.

Jay being inconsistent has NOTHING to do with Em.

Plus, you said the complete opposite in the Relapse thread, and no I'm not grave digging to find the comment.

Back
Top Bottom