Cd sales 6-29-10 Vol. Em 753k

calm down y'all. it's obvious y'all have different favorite artists.

let's just congratulate the hip hop's king. dude stays consistent with his sales. dude be breaking records left and right.

calm down y'all. it's obvious y'all have different favorite artists.

let's just congratulate the hip hop's king. dude stays consistent with his sales. dude be breaking records left and right.

laugh.gif
@ "hip hop's KING"...

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

Recovery is a great album
So is TML.

But they're polar opposites.

and record sales don't mean #@%$

don't have that be your argument on why one is better than the other

Recovery is a great album
So is TML.

But they're polar opposites.

and record sales don't mean #@%$

don't have that be your argument on why one is better than the other

ok? then who else selling more than him, who's still still spitting like him? KING HIM PLEASE

ok? then who else selling more than him, who's still still spitting like him? KING HIM PLEASE

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Once again you cats are gonna be naive about this $++%...

EVERYone already knows that about 60%+ of ALL hip hop is purchased by whites, from NaS to Soulja Boy... dead prez to Drake... What we're sayin is in Eminem's case its a lil different, his #s more than prove that, even when he was selling outrageous amounts I don't really think he was making BETTER music than the majority of the artists he was out sellin by a lot ... If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

Eminem makes the WORST singles... And they're aimed @ a certain group of people... I'll tell you now, it aint the cats in MY hood... I know he recruited the hot @ the moment producer Boi-1-da for his new single and is tryin to appeal more to the urban crowd, but its NOT connectin... Em sold a $++% load of albums, as he always does, and history will show that the quality of his music doesn't really hold a bearing on his #s... They'll ALWAYS be outrageously high... But if YOU think the reason for that is because Eminem is just head and shoulders above everyone else you are VERY naive...

I don't understand how cats are a part of the hip hop community per-se (or listen to the music), but when it comes to somethin like race relations, or even understandin OUR perspective cats act like we're on some reverse racism type $++%...
smh.gif

In a way it reminds me of the thread we had on Plies joint "100 Years", as much of the SAME Music we listen to, and other $++% we may share in common, the fact remains we live under VERY different circumstances, and our mindstates reflect that...

you just gay for drake.
Nah, he's brutally honest, Master P said once at a show it was all white. It just shows who actually supports artist.

EVERYone already knows that about 60%+ of ALL hip hop is purchased by whites, from NaS to Soulja Boy... dead prez to Drake... What we're sayin is in Eminem's case its a lil different, his #s more than prove that, even when he was selling outrageous amounts I don't really think he was making BETTER music than the majority of the artists he was out sellin by a lot ... If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

Eminem makes the WORST singles... And they're aimed @ a certain group of people... I'll tell you now, it aint the cats in MY hood... I know he recruited the hot @ the moment producer Boi-1-da for his new single and is tryin to appeal more to the urban crowd, but its NOT connectin... Em sold a $++% load of albums, as he always does, and history will show that the quality of his music doesn't really hold a bearing on his #s... They'll ALWAYS be outrageously high... But if YOU think the reason for that is because Eminem is just head and shoulders above everyone else you are VERY naive...

I don't understand how cats are a part of the hip hop community per-se (or listen to the music), but when it comes to somethin like race relations, or even understandin OUR perspective cats act like we're on some reverse racism type $++%...
smh.gif

In a way it reminds me of the thread we had on Plies joint "100 Years", as much of the SAME Music we listen to, and other $++% we may share in common, the fact remains we live under VERY different circumstances, and our mindstates reflect that...

you just gay for drake.
Nah, he's brutally honest, Master P said once at a show it was all white. It just shows who actually supports artist.

Originally Posted by Loyal Flyness

smh.gif

you just gay for drake.
Music is 100% subjective all the time.  Some people do think that Eminem is heads and shoulders above the rest that's their opinion and they are entitled to it.  But Eminem is in the perfect niche.  He is a very good rapper that has support from a rap pioneer (Dre) and he is white.  It just seems to be the perfect situation.  But if he had no talent he wouldnt' be where he is now.  There are tons of white rappers out there that will never see a quarter of his sales #'s.

But he acknowledges the fact that his skin color helps him sell. "If i was black, i would have sold half, i didn't have to graduate from Lincoln high school to know that".  Yes statistics show that white people purchase more hip-hop records but that doesn't discredit Em's skill level.  Eminem resonates with the biggest population of hip-hop album purchasers the white middle class.  

Originally Posted by Loyal Flyness

smh.gif

you just gay for drake.
Music is 100% subjective all the time.  Some people do think that Eminem is heads and shoulders above the rest that's their opinion and they are entitled to it.  But Eminem is in the perfect niche.  He is a very good rapper that has support from a rap pioneer (Dre) and he is white.  It just seems to be the perfect situation.  But if he had no talent he wouldnt' be where he is now.  There are tons of white rappers out there that will never see a quarter of his sales #'s.

But he acknowledges the fact that his skin color helps him sell. "If i was black, i would have sold half, i didn't have to graduate from Lincoln high school to know that".  Yes statistics show that white people purchase more hip-hop records but that doesn't discredit Em's skill level.  Eminem resonates with the biggest population of hip-hop album purchasers the white middle class.  

the same people who buy Drake and Wayne albums are the same people who buy Em albums ... but Em has a separate group of fans that have been with him for over a decade who will support him because he was the first white rapper to really tear !%*$ up and is an icon and a legend ... that group wont touch that hogwash TML or anything wayne puts out because they are not martians or r&b fans ... they are Eminem fans ... so hold it against Em because he was different and created his niche ... ... ...

and by the way, saying jay-z is consistent is like saying mike vick is intelligent ...

the same people who buy Drake and Wayne albums are the same people who buy Em albums ... but Em has a separate group of fans that have been with him for over a decade who will support him because he was the first white rapper to really tear !%*$ up and is an icon and a legend ... that group wont touch that hogwash TML or anything wayne puts out because they are not martians or r&b fans ... they are Eminem fans ... so hold it against Em because he was different and created his niche ... ... ...

and by the way, saying jay-z is consistent is like saying mike vick is intelligent ...

Back
Top Bottom