Charles Barkley is at it again on LeBron Vol. "Punk Move"

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Charles just mad BRON is going to win a RING.
tired.gif

Word?
eyes.gif

I give props to Charles for stating his opinion. Lebron thinks he is bigger than the game, and its rubbing people the wrong way.

I give props to Charles for stating his opinion. Lebron thinks he is bigger than the game, and its rubbing people the wrong way.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Not only do I agree with Chuck wholeheartedly, I'm about to throw my cape on and fly in the defend him. First off, Chuck never "ring chased". It's DIFFERENT after you've payed your dues and done what you could for your team. I see nothing wrong with a bunch of seasoned vets coming together at the downturn of their career to make a stab at some rings. When you're young and peaking, you lead a team. When you get older and you're no longer the Alpha Lion, ain't no shame in doing what most older players do. I call that an "anchor chip" because you're going after the ring that would solidify a great career.

(Sidenote: I'd have had ZERO issue with Wade changing teams. He tried, he won one. He kept trying, the ship kept sinking... he owes MIA/their fans nothing. He brought them what he was payed to bring them with all that talent of his. Bosh either..)

But when you're like 25 years old, and you just wanna cut corners and INFLATE your legacy, I think it's self-serving and indeed a "punk move". Where's the competitive spirit? At some point it's about more than just stats and awards. To be as good as Lebron and be only part of your own legacy is just.... lame. And I can understand why chuck is offended. The kid is probably the best player to ever play the game at SF, will soon be the undisputed best all around player in the League, and he's already copping out and jumping ship. THEN, you can add the Jordan factor. From Chuck's perspective, having seen Jordan go 0-7..... then turn around and win 6... must be inspiring. Add to THAT fact that Lebron is substantially younger than the MJ that won his first chip and very close to being as effective, and it's easy to see why a golden era hooper like Chuck is just dumbfounded by the lack of patience and loyalty Lebron just displayed this off season. NO one of Lebron's caliber has ever jumped ship like that. It's just not what legends do.
I'm going to have to dissagree with everything you just said.

LeBron James became apart of the Cleveland Cavaliers when he was 18 years old. he's played for the cavaliers for 7 years. in those 7 years, he has:
A) Gotten swept by San Antonio in the finals
B) Gotten eliminated in the 2nd round to the champion-bound Boston Celtics, who also eliminated them in the same position this season
C) Gotten eliminated in the Eastern Conference Finals to the Orlando Magic, in which the Cavs won 66 games, and were projected to win it all.

If we take a look at the past champions, teams that have won it all are LOADED with all-star talents

LA in 2009 had Pau Gasol; and in 2010 they reloaded their talents with Ron Artest, with a fairly stacked team to match.
Boston in 2008 had the Big 3 in Allen, Pierce, and Garnett, along side a rising star in Rajon Rondo, and a excellent bench
San Antonio in 2007 (who eliminated the cavs) housed Hall of Fame player Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobli
Miami in 2006 had Dwayne Wade, a fully able Shaq, and had a strong roster with James Posey, Alonzo Mourning, Gary Peyton and others.

in the 7 years LeBron has played with the Cavs, who was his all-star, HoF level player to help him win a ring?
Mo Williams?
Delonte West?
Larry Hughes?
Eric Snow?
Wally Szczerbiak?
Ira Newble?
Damon Jones?
Shaquille O'Neal? (At age 38??)
Ben Wallace?
Antwan Jameson?
Anderson Varejão?
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas?

NONE of these guys could help rebuild a team, let alone help Lebron win a ring. do you think he would have left if he didn't have a real player to play along side of?
He left the team because THERE WAS NO TEAM, it was only LeBron, it's one thing to win 66 games in a season, and another thing to play a 7 game series with TEAMS that can beat you. One man can't do it alone, Michael Jordan had hall of fame help, Kobe Bryant had hall of fame help, Tony Parker had Hall of fame help, LeBron didn't.

and if there cavs really had loyalty towards lebron, they would have gotten him help. which they couldn't even do. it's not a punk move when your organization lacks the know-how to get you assistance.

Not only do I agree with Chuck wholeheartedly, I'm about to throw my cape on and fly in the defend him. First off, Chuck never "ring chased". It's DIFFERENT after you've payed your dues and done what you could for your team. I see nothing wrong with a bunch of seasoned vets coming together at the downturn of their career to make a stab at some rings. When you're young and peaking, you lead a team. When you get older and you're no longer the Alpha Lion, ain't no shame in doing what most older players do. I call that an "anchor chip" because you're going after the ring that would solidify a great career.

(Sidenote: I'd have had ZERO issue with Wade changing teams. He tried, he won one. He kept trying, the ship kept sinking... he owes MIA/their fans nothing. He brought them what he was payed to bring them with all that talent of his. Bosh either..)

But when you're like 25 years old, and you just wanna cut corners and INFLATE your legacy, I think it's self-serving and indeed a "punk move". Where's the competitive spirit? At some point it's about more than just stats and awards. To be as good as Lebron and be only part of your own legacy is just.... lame. And I can understand why chuck is offended. The kid is probably the best player to ever play the game at SF, will soon be the undisputed best all around player in the League, and he's already copping out and jumping ship. THEN, you can add the Jordan factor. From Chuck's perspective, having seen Jordan go 0-7..... then turn around and win 6... must be inspiring. Add to THAT fact that Lebron is substantially younger than the MJ that won his first chip and very close to being as effective, and it's easy to see why a golden era hooper like Chuck is just dumbfounded by the lack of patience and loyalty Lebron just displayed this off season. NO one of Lebron's caliber has ever jumped ship like that. It's just not what legends do.

LeBron James became apart of the Cleveland Cavaliers when he was 18 years old. he's played for the cavaliers for 7 years. in those 7 years, he has:
B) Gotten eliminated in the 2nd round to the champion-bound Boston Celtics, who also eliminated them in the same position this season
C) Gotten eliminated in the Eastern Conference Finals to the Orlando Magic, in which the Cavs won 66 games, and were projected to win it all.

If we take a look at the past champions, teams that have won it all are LOADED with all-star talents

LA in 2009 had Pau Gasol; and in 2010 they reloaded their talents with Ron Artest, with a fairly stacked team to match.
Boston in 2008 had the Big 3 in Allen, Pierce, and Garnett, along side a rising star in Rajon Rondo, and a excellent bench
San Antonio in 2007 (who eliminated the cavs) housed Hall of Fame player Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobli
Miami in 2006 had Dwayne Wade, a fully able Shaq, and had a strong roster with James Posey, Alonzo Mourning, Gary Peyton and others.

in the 7 years LeBron has played with the Cavs, who was his all-star, HoF level player to help him win a ring?
Mo Williams?
Delonte West?
Larry Hughes?
Eric Snow?
Wally Szczerbiak?
Ira Newble?
Damon Jones?
Ben Wallace?
Antwan Jameson?
Anderson Varejão?
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas?

NONE of these guys could help rebuild a team, let alone help Lebron win a ring. do you think he would have left if he didn't have a real player to play along side of?
He left the team because THERE WAS NO TEAM, it was only LeBron, it's one thing to win 66 games in a season, and another thing to play a 7 game series with TEAMS that can beat you. One man can't do it alone, Michael Jordan had hall of fame help, Kobe Bryant had hall of fame help, Tony Parker had Hall of fame help, LeBron didn't.

and if there cavs really had loyalty towards lebron, they would have gotten him help. which they couldn't even do. it's not a punk move when your organization lacks the know-how to get you assistance.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Mo Williams?
Delonte West?
Larry Hughes?
Eric Snow?
Wally Szczerbiak?
Ira Newble?
Damon Jones?
Ben Wallace?
Antwan Jameson?
Anderson Varejão?
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas?

laugh.gif
at saying the cavs should have gotten help for him. THEY TRIED. how are you going to lure free agents there when he was low key planning his way out? why would ANYONE go there if they know theres a chance that he's going to dip out, like hes been hinting for the last 3 years. acting like the organization didn't do everything they could to help him out. %%@$ outta here. 

Mo Williams?
Delonte West?
Larry Hughes?
Eric Snow?
Wally Szczerbiak?
Ira Newble?
Damon Jones?
Ben Wallace?
Antwan Jameson?
Anderson Varejão?
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas?

laugh.gif
at saying the cavs should have gotten help for him. THEY TRIED. how are you going to lure free agents there when he was low key planning his way out? why would ANYONE go there if they know theres a chance that he's going to dip out, like hes been hinting for the last 3 years. acting like the organization didn't do everything they could to help him out. %%@$ outta here. 

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

laugh.gif

that's the point if they had gotten someone he wouldn't have left.

laugh.gif

Lol at Brons threat, just play ball homie. Hasnt he had enough damage done to his rep this summer?

Right or wrong Chuck is never afraid to speak his mind, thats why he'll always be appreciated.

Lol at Brons threat, just play ball homie. Hasnt he had enough damage done to his rep this summer?

Right or wrong Chuck is never afraid to speak his mind, thats why he'll always be appreciated.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif

Thank You. That's exactly my point.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

If the team can win 66 games in season and be touted as favorites, not making it to the finals is simply a choke job by everyone associated with the team. 

laugh.gif

If the team can win 66 games in season and be touted as favorites, not making it to the finals is simply a choke job by everyone associated with the team. 

Mo Williams?
Delonte West?
Larry Hughes?
Eric Snow?
Wally Szczerbiak?
Ira Newble?
Damon Jones?
Ben Wallace?
Antwan Jameson?
Anderson Varejão?
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas?

laugh.gif
They tried!!?!  WOW!...Even YOU don't believe that unless getting Mo Williams as the BEST player he's played with before this past season is "trying."  Also, i love how you act like it's Bron's "fault" that they couldn't "lure" anyone to the "great" Cleveland.   

Mo Williams?
Delonte West?
Larry Hughes?
Eric Snow?
Wally Szczerbiak?
Ira Newble?
Damon Jones?
Ben Wallace?
Antwan Jameson?
Anderson Varejão?
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas?

laugh.gif
They tried!!?!  WOW!...Even YOU don't believe that unless getting Mo Williams as the BEST player he's played with before this past season is "trying."  Also, i love how you act like it's Bron's "fault" that they couldn't "lure" anyone to the "great" Cleveland.   

Back
Top Bottom