Charleston heads

I emailed a co-worker a list of spots I went down to last time I was there. Posting in here for later. I got you OP.

Thurs fri sat go downtown around 10 pm

Kingstreet.
Main st.

folly beach.

Last edited:
Go over the bridge and visit the big naval ship in mt.pleasant,
Hit the tanger outlet in north charleston, the hood mall citadel.
Visit the ame church on calhoun watch the ladies whole.chillin in marion square..i always hear about the brewerys being cool but im not a hipster so..

Here are some establishments that I visited during my time in Charleston along with accompanying descriptions

• King street grill - Casual sports bar
• Smoking lamp - Cigar lounge with good beer selection
• 225 - Expensive restaurant but only for their signature drink which is a martini with liquid nitogen
• SNOB - Good restaurant
• Stars - Rooftop bar which is good at night
• The cocktail lounge - Live music
• Hall's - Good steakhouse and good drinks
• Martha Lou's chicken - Apparently the best fried chicken in Charleston
• Husk - Hyped restaurant with a month long wait list but has an auxiliary shack where you can get drinks
• Cypress - Good restaurant
• Trio - One of 2 or 3 clubs but you need to be on the waitlist
• Edmunds oast - Amazing brunch and 48 beer tap system
• Poes - Good Po Boys on Sullivan’s Island
• Republic - It’s a club but always a guaranteed good time
• Warehouse - Good brunch
• AC's - Bar with pool and a good crowd
• Midtown - Another bar with a good crowd
• Magnolias - Food is particularly southern but it’s on point
• Rue de jean - Another good restaurant
• Oku - Great sushi place that turns into a party at night. Tied for my second favorite place (with Stars) after Republic
• Oak Steakhouse - Great steakhouse
• Mynt - Another club. The dance floor gets crowded around 11:30-12. Only went once but had a good time.

Other general notes:
• Not sure where your hotel is but cabs as well as the black town cars/SUVS are dirt cheap. If you’re going to be there for awhile, you’ll get a business card from a few of them. Keep them because it may come in handy on night.
• Everyone in the city will love you when they find out you’re from Boeing because we’ve brought them so much business
• The girl-to-guy ratio is insane
• Expect to see at least three bachelorette parties every night

That was off the top of my head so if you have any other questions or require any additional clarification, let me know.

Go to fleet landing downtown and get the stuffed hush puppies. If you're there on a Sunday coconut joes on isle of palms does reggae on the roof. Live reggae band, food and drinks on the roof right on the beach. Everything else that's been listed is on point too

Back
Top Bottom