Charlie Weis gone

Originally Posted by Statis22

Unrealistic expectations get you a revolving door at the top and that is exactly what is going on there. It is unfair to their players, program, and fan base.

Church!

what was Alabama before Saban? Oklahoma before Stoops? USC before Pete?

Their recent track records before those hires said they weren't what they once were, either.

Alabama had more of a revolving door than Nd has had..they hit the home run with Saban and now they're "Alabama" again.

All it's gona take is the right hire. Now if they !*#* this one up, too...that'll change things.

They probably never reach the height of what they once were, but they can get back up there among the top 5-10 programs.

ND hasnt been a consistant winner in 15 yrs or so...

You cant put Oklahoma and Alabama in the same boat as ND
the recruiting bases and conferences are the glaring differences.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Statis22

Unrealistic expectations get you a revolving door at the top and that is exactly what is going on there. It is unfair to their players, program, and fan base.

Church!
While somewhat true, what other program has a National TV contract besides ND..................none.

ND expects to be a BCS school. Stanford does not. Northwestern does not. Cal has been hoping to get there.

Reaching a BCS bowl is not unrealistic, difficult yes.

They are going to have to "bend" their academic standards for their athletes if they want to reach a consistent level of success or else they will bein the same class as Stanford and Northwestern.

Which means they will have to join a conference, because NBC isn't going to pay top dollar to showcase Stanford of the Midwest.

Brings me to a quote from The Program:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0360259/
Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your !!%?

that network contract isnt a big advantage anymore

when was the last time u havent been able to find a game of the team u wanted to watch on TV?

ND hasnt been a consistant winner in 15 yrs or so...
about the same time table for those schools until Stoops and Saban arrived. no?

ND is not in the south, but it also doesn't have to see those Texas and Florida kids lined up against them every Saturday.

when was the last time u havent been able to find a game of the team u wanted to watch on TV?
I agree with this to some extent. But not everyone has DirecTV/Dish/Time Warner, etc. Knowing the Fighting Irish are gonna be on channel 3 everyweek throughout the United States save when they play during prime time on ABC is still a big advantage IMO. Take that away and ND will have an even hardertime in recruiting.

Also, rarely do people have 6 or 7 different screens set up in their living room watching 12 or 14different teams playing simultaneously.
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wink.gif

It's not an advantage, I've been pining for ND to join a conference already. The reasons for not joining are absurd considering all theIndependent powers that have joined conferences and have been successful (Penn State, Miami, etc.)

However, that is their last straw to grasp at for not joining a conference.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It's not an advantage, I've been pining for ND to join a conference already. The reasons for not joining are absurd considering all the Independent powers that have joined conferences and have been successful (Penn State, Miami, etc.)

However, that is their last straw to grasp at for not joining a conference.
I would argue that Penn State has not been as successful after joining the Big 10. They have only won 1 outright conference title in 19 years (2shared, 3 total). Where Ohio State has won 9 total and Michigan has won 8 total since PSU joined the conference in 1990.

Why does Notre Dame still think they can pull high profile coaches from successful programs. It can't survive off name alone anymore.

was just talkin wit my boy and he goes,
"
ND Football is like St Johns basketball...

both teams' fans brings up History and the couple good yrs theyve had since the 90s but all in all its not happenin again "

laugh.gif
I think I like that view

I don't see how two straight BCS games less than five years ago makes a program irrelevant. Charlie could recruit, he just couldn't coach like peopleexpected him to. That's no reason at all to panic, join a conference, loosen academic standards, and become just like every other program in the nation.It's really that simple.

Cmon Kool, you know ND didnt deserve to be in those BCS games based on wins & Losses. if it wasnt for that bogus BCS contract ND wouldnt have been invitedto any BCS games those yrs

Notre dame has been outclassed in every bowl game theyve played in since Jerome Bettis Days.

Even if they didn't deserve to get in, that just supports the fact that the ND prestige is alive and well. Why ruin that by joining a conference and losingout on more television/BCS money? It's true the team's record in bowl games is awful (minus the Hawaii Bowl, which I was torn over), but the formula toget to the BCS is there, it's been proven that it's very possible to achieve, now the program just needs someone to do it consistently and win games.

ND's academic standards seem to be too high for athletes, which is probably a main reason they don't attract a lot of the top recruits
thats dumb IMO

look at wake forest who dont bring in top talent but turn them players into something and with the right head coach have turned that program into a winningone.

Gtech has high academic standards and paul johnson is still finding speed players to play for him. and he is recruting out of the south

just bringing in 5 star players is not ND problem

and for the record cal is in the same boat as USC for academic standards for football they will let anyone in

was just talkin wit my boy and he goes,
"
ND Football is like St Johns basketball...

both teams' fans brings up History and the couple good yrs theyve had since the 90s but all in all its not happenin again "

laugh.gif
I think I like that view

eek.gif
embarassed.gif
tired.gif

My man Ty Willingham is probably somewhere smiling rite now, u thought you had yourselves a savior, but u just got a fat guy who is a BUM. No one wants thatgarbage job, wake up irish fans you have a b-grade program, you are nothing but an below average team. Funny when all of Ty Willingham recuites left ole FATBOY couldn't reload. oh well they got what they deserved. Funny how my hurricanes have have regained there swagger, but the irish still SUCK

Originally Posted by koncrete kickz

My man Ty Willingham is probably somewhere smiling rite now, u thought you had yourselves a savior, but u just got a fat guy who is a BUM. No one wants that garbage job, wake up irish fans you have a b-grade program, you are nothing but an below average team. Funny when all of Ty Willingham recuites left ole FAT BOY couldn't reload. oh well they got what they deserved. Funny how my hurricanes have have regained there swagger, but the irish still SUCK

I'm a Hurricane fan and we aint nowhere near getting back our swagger yet.

Originally Posted by koncrete kickz

My man Ty Willingham is probably somewhere smiling rite now, u thought you had yourselves a savior, but u just got a fat guy who is a BUM. No one wants that garbage job, wake up irish fans you have a b-grade program, you are nothing but an below average team. Funny when all of Ty Willingham recuites left ole FAT BOY couldn't reload. oh well they got what they deserved. Funny how my hurricanes have have regained there swagger, but the irish still SUCK
skiptomylouslapchop.gif

koncrete kickz wrote: Funny how my hurricanes have have regained there swagger, but the irish still SUCK
Only "koncrete kickz" needs to open this:

Spoiler [+]
11ty6q9.jpg
EDIT: And Devin the Dude is my guy.
pimp.gif
*PAUSE*

Back
Top Bottom