Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

I've seen Mooney a bunch of times and they were all great experiences out here in NYC. Never heard him regurgitate jokes from Chappelle show. I could tell when he recycled a few jokes like when he talked about making movies titled Mean *@%@+$, Jolly *@%@+$, etc. but one of the best part is when at the end of his show he goes to the crowd and lets them shout out names of ppl or celebs getting media attention currently and he just roasts them
laugh.gif
Off the top of his head funny opinions.

I've seen Mooney a bunch of times and they were all great experiences out here in NYC. Never heard him regurgitate jokes from Chappelle show. I could tell when he recycled a few jokes like when he talked about making movies titled Mean *@%@+$, Jolly *@%@+$, etc. but one of the best part is when at the end of his show he goes to the crowd and lets them shout out names of ppl or celebs getting media attention currently and he just roasts them
laugh.gif
Off the top of his head funny opinions.

Not sure if he really considered "our time" but dambit  Mac > Them all

He will definitely always remain MY personal favorite comedian

RIP Mac Man

Not sure if he really considered "our time" but dambit  Mac > Them all

RIP Mac Man

Originally Posted by beh235

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

beh235 wrote:

It's about who's not now, not all time. The progression is (for this threads sake Pryor, Murphy, Rock, Chappelle...) not greater than but those guys learned from the best from THEIR time. And um, y'all left out Paul Mooney.

I don't know man. I saw Paul Mooney at Cobbs in SF at the time when Chappelle was releasing his 3rd season and he was probably the worst comic I have ever seen. Not only was he boring but people left about an hour and a half into his show and he repeated jokes from the Chappelle show as if none of us never heard of him. But like I said, all comics bomb and I am sure he is good but just that day, he sucked big time. I've seen Russell Peters bomb, Kat Williams bomb (but saw him on another show and he was hilarious), Whitney Cummings bomb (she repeated her roast jokes from her Blackberry...serious?) but no one was worse then Paul Mooney that day.

I still don't get why people like Kevin Hart. I've seen his stand ups and seen him live and never thought he was that good.

And I've seen a lot of stand ups in my life from Pablo Francisco to Lisa Lampanelli but Dave Chappelle takes the cake out of all of them. He killed it when he performed in Oakland last year.
^ Damn, you must have just caught all bad shows. All those you named are funny as hell, just bad coincidence you caught them on a bad night. I saw Mooney and damn near pissed myself, even with a few repeat jokes thrown in.

Probably. Also I think I hyped myself into a lot of comics. I mean Russell Peters was one of the funniest guys to come out in a while and when i saw him, the whole Chinese accent thing got old and he just redid a lot of what we already heard. I mean a good comic is as good as his jokes and sadly, not all jokes kill all the time. Like Rocks humor was great at the time cause it was smart but told in a really ghetto way but with all these other comics coming out like Katt, being as crude as he is, they kind of made Chris Rock look soft in a way.

But I respect them all for what they do. It's actually pretty hard to make a ton of people laugh all the time. I mean I know Paul Mooney is funny for sure but that night, he just must have been off.

Originally Posted by beh235

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

beh235 wrote:

It's about who's not now, not all time. The progression is (for this threads sake Pryor, Murphy, Rock, Chappelle...) not greater than but those guys learned from the best from THEIR time. And um, y'all left out Paul Mooney.

I don't know man. I saw Paul Mooney at Cobbs in SF at the time when Chappelle was releasing his 3rd season and he was probably the worst comic I have ever seen. Not only was he boring but people left about an hour and a half into his show and he repeated jokes from the Chappelle show as if none of us never heard of him. But like I said, all comics bomb and I am sure he is good but just that day, he sucked big time. I've seen Russell Peters bomb, Kat Williams bomb (but saw him on another show and he was hilarious), Whitney Cummings bomb (she repeated her roast jokes from her Blackberry...serious?) but no one was worse then Paul Mooney that day.

I still don't get why people like Kevin Hart. I've seen his stand ups and seen him live and never thought he was that good.

And I've seen a lot of stand ups in my life from Pablo Francisco to Lisa Lampanelli but Dave Chappelle takes the cake out of all of them. He killed it when he performed in Oakland last year.
^ Damn, you must have just caught all bad shows. All those you named are funny as hell, just bad coincidence you caught them on a bad night. I saw Mooney and damn near pissed myself, even with a few repeat jokes thrown in.

Probably. Also I think I hyped myself into a lot of comics. I mean Russell Peters was one of the funniest guys to come out in a while and when i saw him, the whole Chinese accent thing got old and he just redid a lot of what we already heard. I mean a good comic is as good as his jokes and sadly, not all jokes kill all the time. Like Rocks humor was great at the time cause it was smart but told in a really ghetto way but with all these other comics coming out like Katt, being as crude as he is, they kind of made Chris Rock look soft in a way.

But I respect them all for what they do. It's actually pretty hard to make a ton of people laugh all the time. I mean I know Paul Mooney is funny for sure but that night, he just must have been off.

DrJDoc26 wrote:
Not sure if he really considered "our time" but dambit� Mac > Them all

RIP Mac Man

yea Bernie Mac was funnier than chris rock. Steve Harvey also

DrJDoc26 wrote:
Not sure if he really considered "our time" but dambit� Mac > Them all

RIP Mac Man

yea Bernie Mac was funnier than chris rock. Steve Harvey also

To me Chappelle's Show was the funniest television show I've ever seen....I can still rewatch dvds for days and its funny as hell, and being only 20, I can say that Dave's stand up's are more quotable than any of Chris Rock's....dunno why but Chris Rock has never had a homerun where I lmao but w/ Chappelle I got that feeling a lot....I'll give it to CHris rock tho, dude is consistent and puts out really good material, he just has more quanity and longevity to me than Chappelle but just on who's funnier: I gotta go w/ Dave even tho he's AWOL right now lol....and I've seen Kevin Hart in person and dude is pretty funny too but not in this class yet.....the problem is everybody and their damn uncle is overkilling his jokes to the point where they get worn out, but when I first saw his Laugh at my Pain show at my school....it was too funny....I don't think eddie murphy, richard pryor, etc. belong in this convo tho bc that's a previous generation (although Delerious is off the chain tho), just my 2 cents..

To me Chappelle's Show was the funniest television show I've ever seen....I can still rewatch dvds for days and its funny as hell, and being only 20, I can say that Dave's stand up's are more quotable than any of Chris Rock's....dunno why but Chris Rock has never had a homerun where I lmao but w/ Chappelle I got that feeling a lot....I'll give it to CHris rock tho, dude is consistent and puts out really good material, he just has more quanity and longevity to me than Chappelle but just on who's funnier: I gotta go w/ Dave even tho he's AWOL right now lol....and I've seen Kevin Hart in person and dude is pretty funny too but not in this class yet.....the problem is everybody and their damn uncle is overkilling his jokes to the point where they get worn out, but when I first saw his Laugh at my Pain show at my school....it was too funny....I don't think eddie murphy, richard pryor, etc. belong in this convo tho bc that's a previous generation (although Delerious is off the chain tho), just my 2 cents..

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are both wack. The only tv time Dave could get was late nite on Conan O'Brien's wack show. Chappelle is a C grade comedian at best. His show was nothin that hadn't been done before.

Shut up.
Shut your stinkin @ss up. That's my opinion.

Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are both wack. The only tv time Dave could get was late nite on Conan O'Brien's wack show. Chappelle is a C grade comedian at best. His show was nothin that hadn't been done before.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Bye bye. 
Pryor said he passed the torch to Dave and dave's dvd sales clearly state a different story than your opinion. 

Shut up.

Bye bye. 
Pryor said he passed the torch to Dave and dave's dvd sales clearly state a different story than your opinion. 

Back
Top Bottom