Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

Originally Posted by Mogulson

Uh no jamie foxx. Shun aint funny at all. Mad elton john ImO

I'd say Dave Chappelle, Chirs Rock(HE MADE POOTIE TANG), Redd Foxx, Eddie, And Pryor. Bernie Mac is on my list too shun

Nah, Louie CK wrote and directed that.

Going off of their stand-up, I prefer Rock over Chappelle.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

I still think Affion Crockett is the best comedian of our time. The best we will ever see. I think Kenan too. Kenan and Affion are running the black comedians as of now. No one is touching them.

In the flow was a classic show. It got cancelled because contract issues. Hopefully Affion can bring it back with another network.

floydthinking.png
he wasnt even the funniest person on the wild'n out
Affion is terribly corny, hahaha. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mogulson

Uh no jamie foxx. Shun aint funny at all. Mad elton john ImO

I'd say Dave Chappelle, Chirs Rock(HE MADE POOTIE TANG), Redd Foxx, Eddie, And Pryor. Bernie Mac is on my list too shun

Nah, Louie CK wrote and directed that.

Going off of their stand-up, I prefer Rock over Chappelle.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

I still think Affion Crockett is the best comedian of our time. The best we will ever see. I think Kenan too. Kenan and Affion are running the black comedians as of now. No one is touching them.

In the flow was a classic show. It got cancelled because contract issues. Hopefully Affion can bring it back with another network.

floydthinking.png
he wasnt even the funniest person on the wild'n out
Affion is terribly corny, hahaha. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

How do you defined "Our Time"?

80s/90s babys which excludes Pryor but includes Murphy. When I rank Rock over Chappelle I'm not strictly going off who is "haha" funny im including substance and going on more than just stand up and sketch. Chapelle has no good movies roles and outside of his stand up and his show he has little to show compared to everyone else. Longevity factors a lot also. Who knows what would of happened if he didn't go to Africa though..

rock and chappelle are about neck and neck with movie roles, b.

chris rock has been in some AWFUL movies

his better roles arent even comedy or funny.

being an 80s baby doesnt exclude pryor. i grew up on pryor.

if you didnt catch the substance in dave chappelle comedy....i dunno what to tell you.

again, much of dave's standup seems freestyled or freeflowing...

in comedy, that is a very unique asset to have.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

How do you defined "Our Time"?

80s/90s babys which excludes Pryor but includes Murphy. When I rank Rock over Chappelle I'm not strictly going off who is "haha" funny im including substance and going on more than just stand up and sketch. Chapelle has no good movies roles and outside of his stand up and his show he has little to show compared to everyone else. Longevity factors a lot also. Who knows what would of happened if he didn't go to Africa though..

rock and chappelle are about neck and neck with movie roles, b.

chris rock has been in some AWFUL movies

his better roles arent even comedy or funny.

being an 80s baby doesnt exclude pryor. i grew up on pryor.

if you didnt catch the substance in dave chappelle comedy....i dunno what to tell you.

again, much of dave's standup seems freestyled or freeflowing...

in comedy, that is a very unique asset to have.

People need to understand that all comics have a falling. No one is consistant always and they all bomb or do bad decisions with their career. Chris Rock literally has one of the best stand ups of all time ever but he also has like 4 other bad ones that over shadow his good one. Chappelle is good no doubt but he's had his ups and downs. I thought a lot of his movies were really bad and if it really wasn't for his show, he would not be who he is today. Even Eddie Murphy who has literally two of the best stand ups ever had a boat load of bad things he's done in his life.

I still think.....

Delirious > Bigger and Blacker > Killing Me Softly

People need to understand that all comics have a falling. No one is consistant always and they all bomb or do bad decisions with their career. Chris Rock literally has one of the best stand ups of all time ever but he also has like 4 other bad ones that over shadow his good one. Chappelle is good no doubt but he's had his ups and downs. I thought a lot of his movies were really bad and if it really wasn't for his show, he would not be who he is today. Even Eddie Murphy who has literally two of the best stand ups ever had a boat load of bad things he's done in his life.

I still think.....

Delirious > Bigger and Blacker > Killing Me Softly

It's about who's not now, not all time. The progression is (for this threads sake Pryor, Murphy, Rock, Chappelle...) not greater than but those guys learned from the best from THEIR time. And um, y'all left out Paul Mooney.

Crockett is wack, but his impressions are pretty good. There are funny dudes out there, I didn't see Corey Holcomb or Patrice O'neal mentioned or Aries Spears. Step y'all comedy game up. And Kevin Hart on the rise too.

It's about who's not now, not all time. The progression is (for this threads sake Pryor, Murphy, Rock, Chappelle...) not greater than but those guys learned from the best from THEIR time. And um, y'all left out Paul Mooney.

Crockett is wack, but his impressions are pretty good. There are funny dudes out there, I didn't see Corey Holcomb or Patrice O'neal mentioned or Aries Spears. Step y'all comedy game up. And Kevin Hart on the rise too.

How the hell are yall putting Rock over Murphy?

....The man made COMING TO AMERICA!!!

Coming to America>Rocks whole career

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

^ Eddie was out of this world funny in his prime. Plus now he got that Shrek money
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

^ Eddie was out of this world funny in his prime. Plus now he got that Shrek money
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

I don't know man. I saw Paul Mooney at Cobbs in SF at the time when Chappelle was releasing his 3rd season and he was probably the worst comic I have ever seen. Not only was he boring but people left about an hour and a half into his show and he repeated jokes from the Chappelle show as if none of us never heard of him. But like I said, all comics bomb and I am sure he is good but just that day, he sucked big time. I've seen Russell Peters bomb, Kat Williams bomb (but saw him on another show and he was hilarious), Whitney Cummings bomb (she repeated her roast jokes from her Blackberry...serious?) but no one was worse then Paul Mooney that day.

I still don't get why people like Kevin Hart. I've seen his stand ups and seen him live and never thought he was that good.

And I've seen a lot of stand ups in my life from Pablo Francisco to Lisa Lampanelli but Dave Chappelle takes the cake out of all of them. He killed it when he performed in Oakland last year.

Originally Posted by beh235

I don't know man. I saw Paul Mooney at Cobbs in SF at the time when Chappelle was releasing his 3rd season and he was probably the worst comic I have ever seen. Not only was he boring but people left about an hour and a half into his show and he repeated jokes from the Chappelle show as if none of us never heard of him. But like I said, all comics bomb and I am sure he is good but just that day, he sucked big time. I've seen Russell Peters bomb, Kat Williams bomb (but saw him on another show and he was hilarious), Whitney Cummings bomb (she repeated her roast jokes from her Blackberry...serious?) but no one was worse then Paul Mooney that day.

I still don't get why people like Kevin Hart. I've seen his stand ups and seen him live and never thought he was that good.

And I've seen a lot of stand ups in my life from Pablo Francisco to Lisa Lampanelli but Dave Chappelle takes the cake out of all of them. He killed it when he performed in Oakland last year.

Back
Top Bottom