Circuit City to liquidate remaining US stores (Wiki and Informative Video on Pg 1)

wow... first layoffed by best buy and now cc....

i give up...
frown.gif

anyone who works there, i heard that if an employee is laid off between now and March 31st, they still get paid for the 60 day period. does that apply to parttime?

Hey airjordans.....will there be ANYTHING good within the first couple weeks? I don't wanna waste my time going there and (probably) dealing with hoards ofpeople

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Hey airjordans.....will there be ANYTHING good within the first couple weeks? I don't wanna waste my time going there and (probably) dealing with hoards of people

really the only things that will fly out of the doors the first week is ipods. why, because u know and i know when u get 5% off an ipod its a deal becauseeveryone knows ipods never go on sale other than that if you are not buying an ipod stay away from circuit city until 2 or 3 weeks later. those liquidaters areout to get your money the first couple of weeks after that they want to get back home to there family's so they start to sell things cheap.As i recall westarted off at 5% and 10% and it stayed that way for weeks, you guy's will see what i'm talking about when u start to shop.

Originally Posted by Airjordans23and45

Hey airjordans.....will there be ANYTHING good within the first couple weeks? I don't wanna waste my time going there and (probably) dealing with hoards of people

really the only things that will fly out of the doors the first week is ipods. why, because u know and i know when u get 5% off an ipod its a deal because everyone knows ipods never go on sale other than that if you are not buying an ipod stay away from circuit city until 2 or 3 weeks later. those liquidaters are out to get your money the first couple of weeks after that they want to get back home to there family's so they start to sell things cheap.As i recall we started off at 5% and 10% and it stayed that way for weeks, you guy's will see what i'm talking about when u start to shop.
Dude, how could your 46" samsung stay in stock for sooo long that it ended up being that cheap? Did you stash it in the back or something?

Hopefully I can pick up a PS3, a camera and some games/dvds. Anyone know if the one on Pines Blvd. is closing?

^^^ nope the thing is tv's did'nt start moving out the door until they hit 50% off. when the first week of the sales a lot of customers thought we weregoing to have crazy deals. it was funny because we had atleast 200 people waiting outside of the door before we opened after we opened the door everyone ofthose customers saw our prices and all walked right back out because 5% off and 10% off was nothing off of items that have been marked up. so funny.oh to everyone that wants to know which ones are closing they all are.

^^^I was just about to ask the same question about how you got the tv. Well hopefully I can cop a good tv for cheap. There's a couple cc within a 15 minradius from me so I hope I can get lucky. Hey airjordans, is there a ton of tv's that cc has in stock on the regular? When were all tvs sold out? I wannahold out....but I wanna know when to just buy and not miss out

Can't say I didn't see this coming...
Hey by March I'll have 6 months under my belt so I'm straight.
I go in tomorrow so if I find out any information I feel is post worth I'll let you know.

dont go there now like the people have been saying

i used to work close to a tower records and i went in there every day since it was close

they start with 10-15 % off, and each week go up 5-10%( for example 20,25,30, 40, 50,60,70,75,80%)

so wait it out, if there something u want u should monitor it , if u have time

Originally Posted by Born To Be Fly

Can't say I didn't see this coming...
Hey by March I'll have 6 months under my belt so I'm straight.
I go in tomorrow so if I find out any information I feel is post worth I'll let you know.

Please do. Info on tvs and computers
smile.gif

^^^I was just about to ask the same question about how you got the tv. Well hopefully I can cop a good tv for cheap. There's a couple cc within a 15 min radius from me so I hope I can get lucky. Hey airjordans, is there a ton of tv's that cc has in stock on the regular? When were all tvs sold out? I wanna hold out....but I wanna know when to just buy and not miss out
yes they do have a lot of tv's in stock and they also sell the displays so check in often after about 2 weeks to see where they drop thepercentage off too. To tell u the truth all the tv's sold out the day before we closed.But you guys have to remember they also have to get rid of things inthere main warehouse's so things will still be getting shipped to certain locations. thats why circuit city is planning to close at the end of march. buywhen tv's hit 30% 40% and 50% thats the best deals.

I didn't read through all of the pages, but for those who wants more detail...go to Circuit City's home page.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

AirJordan23 where in the bay area? The TV still 550? Id buy 2 if so.

i got that tv at the store i was working at in concord, when it was the last week of the store closing. emeryville is closing so i'm sure u can snag gooddeals from that store in the last weeks.

Originally Posted by Airjordans23and45

Originally Posted by BgL2687

AirJordan23 where in the bay area? The TV still 550? Id buy 2 if so.

i got that tv at the store i was working at in concord, when it was the last week of the store closing. emeryville is closing so i'm sure u can snag good deals from that store in the last weeks.
good looks..I checked out the circuit city in richmond when it was closing but they didn't have many TVs besides some garbage.

Back
Top Bottom