Cleveland Cavaliers vs Washington Wizards - Game 2 Post Mon. 4/21 7:00 pm

I still don't like the fact our Offense shuts down once we got the lead to about 15, which is a lead that is not safe. We were moving the ball wonderfullybetween Delonte, Z, LBJ and Wally, but once we got that lead it all just stopped...and this is in the 3rd quarter. Wally and Z were contributing alongside LBJ,and Ben was flying all over the place getting to balls. When we get the lead like that, I'd like to see even more ball movement as opposed to LBJ holdingand jacking up 3's almost every play down: when you're up that big, put the hammer down. Granted, we extended the lead and our bench came in andpreserved it, but that's not always going to happen, it's just a fact of the matter. It just seems like always QUIT doing what got us the lead once weget a decent-sized one. Maybe we saw the Wiz were giving up, who knows?

It also seems like Boobie is hesitant to pass it to Wally, which I can't understand, especially when he's hitting shots like tonight. Boobie andDelonte seriously ONLY look for LBJ coming off the weak side screen, when Wally is WIDE OPEN a decent amount of the time. Hopefully he keeps knocking downshots so the guys get more confidence in him I guess.

Big Ben, Z, Andy, and Joe Smith played very very solidly altogether. I really can't complain at all from any of these guys. D. Brown looked a bit morefocused tonight, too, not necessarily running through 3 guys and throwing it up, but looking to pass when he had to. Not to mention he knocked down a few shotsand got to the rim a bit too. Boobie too played pretty well. Overall, tremendous job from the bench, with DJ providing the whipped cream at the end
laugh.gif

Let's keep this rollin' gentlemen...

I didn't watch the game (been working on my final thesis project all day), but I did see that one play... and that is DEFINITELY an F2 He made NO play onthe ball at all. He did NOT make a play to put the ball from one place to another place; he made a play to put LeBron from one place to another place.
laugh.gif

Actually, strike that: it's definitely an F2 in today's game. 15 years ago? That's an F1.

20 years ago? That's just a foul.
laugh.gif

Coming into the beginning of the series i remember a bunch of wizard fans sayin all we gotta do is rough him up give him some hard fouls and some are even posting a picure of lebron getting close lined(sp?) Then i hear people saying Lebron gets every call and ive seen numerous Wizards travel in these 2 games and Cavs too it goes both ways im positive i saw Antonio Daniels travel but he get his stuff pinned on the backboard by Lebron anyway. Back to the hard fouls i then see Blatche hammer Lebron in the mouth and you guys are all thinking YEA there ya go blatche and then Lebron retalliates with an elbow and everyones *****in. I mean some of yall need to make up ur mind if you want the Wizards to play physical why cant Lebron?? Until you win a series just stop talking.
Just about the truest & most smart thing someone has said in this thread
people are just dying for the Cavs and LeBron to fail...and as a fan of the NBA...I don't get it.....??
Neither do I....Lebron is great to watch, and I guarantee when retires all of y'all are going to be saying "What a great career, sad tosee him hang em up"

Originally Posted by reazson

sick.gif
this Wizards off season talk is making me sick...

The Q was amazing tonight, I've never seen it like this, the environment was crazy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you got that right. lost my voice for that one. i gotta disagree with the 'never seen it like this' comment. maybe it was the most electricyou've seen it, but the night we won the ECF man...the roof blew off the building. THAT was one I'll never forget.

keep talkin wiz kids. its funny no one took the cavs all too seriously, even some cleveland sports writers picked the wiz. seriously? this isnt even lookinglike much of a series at all, more like a beat down.

wally was ballin tonight. ben looked OK the few min he was in there. JSmith is a big upgrade compared to _ru Gooden. joe actually plays some D. its anexciting time. you can put this in bold and quote it too, doesnt bother me any but bring on the celtics. those big 3 >>> the wizards big 3, but westill have bron and as long as hes out there, we have a shot.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Coming into the beginning of the series i remember a bunch of wizard fans sayin all we gotta do is rough him up give him some hard fouls and some are even posting a picure of lebron getting close lined(sp?) Then i hear people saying Lebron gets every call and ive seen numerous Wizards travel in these 2 games and Cavs too it goes both ways im positive i saw Antonio Daniels travel but he get his stuff pinned on the backboard by Lebron anyway. Back to the hard fouls i then see Blatche hammer Lebron in the mouth and you guys are all thinking YEA there ya go blatche and then Lebron retalliates with an elbow and everyones *****in. I mean some of yall need to make up ur mind if you want the Wizards to play physical why cant Lebron?? Until you win a series just stop talking.

images

So I pose a question... why doesn't D12, CP3, KG, Jesus, Truth, JJ, A.I., Melo, etc., get hated on like LeBron?
Majority of NT are either Kobe fans that feel threatened or NY heads that are jealous that Bron doesn't play for the Knicks.

people are just dying for the Cavs and LeBron to fail...and as a fan of the NBA...I don't get it.....??
Neither do I....Lebron is great to watch, and I guarantee when retires all of y'all are going to be saying "What a great career, sad to see him hang em up"

Pretty much. I wonder how S&T would have been during the '90's.
sick.gif
Jordanwould be the most unliked person in the NBA.

So I pose a question... why doesn't D12, CP3, KG, Jesus, Truth, JJ, A.I., Melo, etc., get hated on like LeBron?

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

images

Majority of NT are either Kobe fans that feel threatened or NY heads that are jealous that Bron doesn't play for the Knicks.

What's the pic supposed to mean?

The wiz got themselfs in this mess by talking trash. I believed they would actually do alright but lebron came out and led his team.

I love when people say, hey lets just foul lebron...LOL That is a 6'9 train coming at you. You can't foul everytime plus his body control is crazy. Forthe fans talking about traveling, stop it. Just about everybodu does it and they never call it so why would they call it now?

If the wiz don't win the next game this thing is over.

All I can say is the cavs did everything they wanted to do and good job.

Lebron did his thing.

Question cavs fans....how many games did you vs boston this year?

Question cavs fans....how many games did you vs boston this year?
I'm not a Cavs fan more of a Lebron fan. But the Cavs split with Boston 2-2 this season.

dont let the 2-2 fool you into thinking either way. i think we swept the spurs in the regular season last year and......

but maybe its because i love the cavs, but maybe its more because i watched 80+ games this year. the cavs CAN hang with the celtics. WILL they? i dont know butthey definitely can. it doesnt hurt when wally, delonte, joe, and gibson are ballin...when DJones is flashin the i cant feel my face, you know it was a goodnight.

Originally Posted by Classy Lawrence

Neither do I....Lebron is great to watch, and I guarantee when retires all of y'all are going to be saying "What a great career, sad to see him hang em up"

Pretty much. I wonder how S&T would have been during the '90's.
sick.gif
Jordanwould be the most unliked person in the NBA.

The answer to your question is simple...because while the guys you mentioned are stars in their ownright, none of them really threaten Kobe Bryant as the best player in the NBA like Lebron does. You have to understand first off the S&T forum isn'tthe most rational and logical in the first place, then add to it there is a huge Laker or should I say Kobe following in here. They aren't advanced enoughin thinking to understand that giving Lebron his props DOES NOT mean taking props away from Kobe. I'm like I enjoy watching both of them destroy the leaguein their own respective ways.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I didn't watch the game (been working on my final thesis project all day), but I did see that one play... and that is DEFINITELY an F2 He made NO play on the ball at all. He did NOT make a play to put the ball from one place to another place; he made a play to put LeBron from one place to another place.
laugh.gif

Actually, strike that: it's definitely an F2 in today's game. 15 years ago? That's an F1.

20 years ago? That's just a foul.
laugh.gif

agreed.

The answer to your question is simple...because while the guys you mentioned are stars in their own right, none of them really threaten Kobe Bryant as the best player in the NBA like Lebron does. You have to understand first off the S&T forum isn't the most rational and logical in the first place, then add to it there is a huge Laker or should I say Kobe following in here. They aren't advanced enough in thinking to understand that giving Lebron his props DOES NOT mean taking props away from Kobe. I'm like I enjoy watching both of them destroy the league in their own respective ways.
Usually newNT'ers come in with not a lot of insight. Props on the good post.

I don't think Z is gettin the love he should.

My man is SOOOOOOOOO Consistent.

He means the world to this team.
We need to be looking into big men NOW. I'm assuming Z will retire at the end of next season, and maybe even with Big Ben as well. That leavesus with an old Joe Smith and Andy. We're seriously going to be hurting if we can't find a big who can run the pick and roll with a jumper. And we maysimply be out of luck...

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

I don't think Z is gettin the love he should.

My man is SOOOOOOOOO Consistent.

He means the world to this team.

how can you not love this man?

ilgauskas.jpg

yeah i told my friend the same thing tonight when z was ballin. i said thats a huge hole to fill once Z retires. it will be cool to see #11 hanging in therafters next to 22/25/43 and 7/34/42. he's the only player of the new cavs generation that will have his number retired since the price/nance/daughertydays and he deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom