Cleveland Top List of the Most %%$%*% US City VOL Nothing We Didn't Already Know

we all know that cleveland is pure doodoo. list also settles the argument that la > ny:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/18/business/econwatch/entry6219713.shtml

It has unemployment problems and bad weather, high taxes and corrupt public officials, painful commute times and, for the most part, pretty bad sports teams. All of those factors (and more) combine to make Cleveland, Ohio the most miserable city in America. 

Forbes 
release its annual rankings of metropolitan misery Thursday, with Cleveland taking the top – or maybe bottom – spot out of the largest 200 metro areas in the U.S. The magazine takes a number of factors into consideration when compiling their list: unemployment rates, taxes (sales and income), commutes, violent crime, weather, pollution, public corruption and the performances of professional sports teams.

Cleveland's performance was bad across the board, as it was the only city to rank in the bottom half of every category. 

By contrast, Boulder, Colo., ranks as the happiest place in the country, according to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. The survey was based on interviews with more than 353,000 Americans, with questions on jobs, finances, physical and emotional health and communities. 

Second on the happy list was Holland-Grand Haven, Mich., followed by (no surprise) Honolulu. View the complete list at 
USA Today's Website

San Jose ranked 7th overall but was the highest ranked city with a population greater than 1 million. 

Back to the misery list: A lot of smaller Midwest cities get slammed in the rankings, but they're also joined by the likes of Miami, New York and Chicago. 

Here's the complete list: 

1. Cleveland, OH 
2. Stockton, CA 
3. Memphis, TN 
4. Detroit, MI 
5. Flint, MI 
6. Miami, FL 
7. St. Louis, MO 
8. Buffalo, NY 
9. Canton, OH 
10. Chicago, IL 
11. Modesto, CA 
12. Akron, OH 
13. Kansas City, MO 
14. Rockford, IL 
15. Toledo, OH 
16. New York, NY 
17. Sacramento, CA 
18. Youngstown, OH 
19. Gary, IN 
20. Philadelphia, PA

17. Sacramento, CA 

frown.gif

How is New York anywhere near that list? It's the safest big city in the country, the Yankees are the most successful team in sports history, and mass transit is unparalleled. We're a long way from Tammany hall, weather is no worse than any northeast city (and worlds better than other cities to the north). No idea on pollution levels, but even with that, taxes, and unemployment, New York is far from a miserable place. I'm shocked, frankly.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

How is New York anywhere near that list? It's the safest big city in the country, the Yankees are the most successful team in sports history, and mass transit is unparalleled. We're a long way from Tammany hall, weather is no worse than any northeast city (and worlds better than other cities to the north). No idea on pollution levels, but even with that, taxes, and unemployment, New York is far from a miserable place. I'm shocked, frankly.
You must be rich and live in a penthouse in Manhattan. Just because Jay-Z and Alicia Keys wrote a song about NYC doesn't make it A-okay with everyone living in New York.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Simply put, a city that size has BIGGER slums and more people in em than say my little 100K populated city.

its turrible in cleveland, straight turrible. I've been here for about 4 months on break and I've come so close to suicide its not even funny.

Luckily ill be on a plane going far far away from here.

Back
Top Bottom