Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

roll.gif
at what this season has turned into.

shaun back?
D.miles?
Starbury?

Clippers Waive Hassan Adams

Jan 07, 2009 6:08 PM EST
The Los Angeles Clippers today waived guard/forward Hassan Adams it was announced by Clippers General Manager and Head Coach Mike Dunleavy. The Clippers acquired Adams Jan. 7 in a trade from the Toronto Raptors along with cash considerations in exchange for a future conditional second round draft pick. Adams has appeared in 12 games with the Raptors this season, averaging 0.9 points, 0.6 rebounds and 0.1 assists in 4.3 minutes per game.

Via Press Release

nvm
roll.gif

Clippers Bring Back Fred Jones

Posted: 1/8/2009 6:20:00 AM
Source: LA Daily News

In between completing the trade for Hassan Adams, which basically cost them nothing (a conditional second round pick in 2015 so protected it'll likely never change hands), and waiving Adams, the club learned that Fred Jones was healthy enough to play in Thursday's game against San Antonio.

So the choice became Adams --a player the team liked, but who would need some time to learn the system -- or Jones, who had played well for them before hurting his foot on Sunday and being waived Monday.

The team chose Jones. The team is expected to sign him to a 10-day contract in the morning and he should be on the court tommorrow night.

pimp.gif

What the hell is going over there in LAC?

Fred Jones waived. Acquire Hassan Adams. Waive Hassan Adams. Re-acquire Fred Jones.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Fred Jones waived. Acquire Hassan Adams. Waive Hassan Adams. Re-acquire Fred Jones.

laugh.gif

Seriously
laugh.gif
.. This season has been too confusing for me to even keep upwith ..

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

roll.gif
at what this season has turned into.

shaun back?
D.miles?
Starbury?
go for it and get Q too! i miss those days when q and dmiles got in the game at the same time

we just need everybody to be healthy, zbo was playing well until he got hurt and with camby and gordon's recent play we should be winning some games whenthose guys and kaman come back.

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif

Seriously
laugh.gif
.. This season has been too confusing for me to even keep up with ..

Yeah. I'm kind of losing the engery for it.

Plus, I just can't believe this season is turning out just as bad as last year. I thought there was no way we could have the same number of injuryproblems, but its happening all over again. I'm beginning to think the team's training staff should go along with Dunleavy. Anyway, the whole thingis just depressing at this point.

Camby: 'I'm Here For Long Haul'
Jan 15, 2009 4:26 PM EST
Marcus Camby has heard his name mentioned in trade rumors this season, but he insists that he's in Los Angeles for the foreseeable future.

"I'm here for the long haul," Camby said. "Health is our issue. Myself, Chris (Kaman), Baron (Davis), Zach (Randolph). That core right there we should make the playoffs.

"So I'm still feeling confident. Right now it's a tough time for everybody. No one is playing at their best right now. We're not having great team success; it's frustrating at times. But for the most part, guys have really been in the ball games, they've battled, and they've competed with what we've got."

Via Los Angeles Daily News

glasses.gif

^^^wow...i like the way camby holds himself up and presents himself. he should be our leader/captain.

anyways, just to get this thread going a little since it's just hard to discuss our team when we're in such a slump (i really believe we will be okwhen were all healthy and together) but let's get a little discussion going.

I was recently asked to write and article depicting Mr. Dunleavy and what he has done for our team. We've all heard the rumors about him getting the bootbut where would that leave us in terms of searching for a new head coach? Who do we bring in that might be able to have these guys looking like a team. I knowwe all like to point our fingers at Dunleavy for making a lot of questionable calls but he has been the winningest coach the Clips have had in awhile, if notever.

Anyways, I need help in discussing the job that he has done for us and what you guys think is in store for the future of the Clips as well as our GM/Coach.

iamxtian wrote:
anyways, just to get this thread going a little since it's just hard to discuss our team when we're in such a slump (i really believe we will be ok when were all healthy and together) but let's get a little discussion going.

I was recently asked to write and article depicting Mr. Dunleavy and what he has done for our team. We've all heard the rumors about him getting the boot but where would that leave us in terms of searching for a new head coach? Who do we bring in that might be able to have these guys looking like a team. I know we all like to point our fingers at Dunleavy for making a lot of questionable calls but he has been the winningest coach the Clips have had in awhile, if not ever.

Anyways, I need help in discussing the job that he has done for us and what you guys think is in store for the future of the Clips as well as our GM/Coach.

Even though Dunleavy is going through some tough times with this current team, he would always be appreciated by me for what he has done to the Clips, and notjust from a coaching stand-point. Dunleavy made the Clippers a somewhat respectable organization on his own. If you guys remember, at one point, the Clippersheld practices at LA Southwest College, which is unacceptable for a professional basketball team in my opinion. After 25 years in Los Angeles, the Clippersfinally have their own practice facility thanks to the demands of Dunleavy. Since Dunleavy has been a part of this organization, we've seen an increase ofnotable free-agents either signing here, or at least thinking about joining us (Kobe, Arenas etc.), whereas before, high-profile players wouldn't thinktwice about joining us. In all, Dunleavy has done the most anyone has ever done for this organization within his tenure. Even though we're struggling (asusual), we actually have the look of a credible, professsional basketball organization.

As far as his future with the Clips, as I've mentioned before, the players just don't respond to him anymore. However, I am in favor of him remainingGM. We haven't seen any positive results from his acquisitions lately due to injury for the most part. The only blemishes I see from his GM resume is hisdecision to draft Korolev. He made up for the T. Thomas signing by trading him this season. Other than that, he also has the gift of somewhat recognizingtalent and having the player(s) become a vital part to the team (Q. Ross, B. Simmons etc.).

With the coaching, I may be in the minority, but I'm in favor of Dunleavy stepping down and having Kim Hughes take over. From the few times I've seenHughes take over, the team seems to be more energized and organized. We just need a new face on the sidelines.

Anyways, I hope I was able to help you out a bit with my take on the Dunleavy situation
smile.gif

back-to-back blowout road victories @ MEM & ATL
pimp.gif

Zach, Baron, Marcus and Ricky aka "Crunk Juice" all back on the active roster and contributing somethin' serious
pimp.gif

Can we please see this same Clippers team for the rest of the season.
tired.gif

I hope they're not tanking it. Eff that, I still want to see them go out and leave it all out there, we don't need a effen lottery pick, I rather keepour dignity. I like how the last two games have gone, Lets keep it up Clipps!

Boseph is nasty
smh.gif

Baron is balling
pimp.gif

EJ is a beast
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

DeAndre is getting burn
pimp.gif

RICKY DAVIS!!!!!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

don't remember the last time we won 2 in a row
laugh.gif
and they were on the road
pimp.gif
and they were blowouts
pimp.gif

I was happy when I looked at the scores from the last two games. Glad to see almost everyone back. Hope these two wins energizes them and they continue this.

About Dunleavy, step down as coach but stay as GM.

Back
Top Bottom