Closed

Everybody on Twitter is talking about how Penn is our LT but I'd like him better at Guard.

What's gunna happen is Penn and Watson will compete for the LT spot and the loser will go to G.

Have Barnes/Boothe/Mady compete for the 2nd Guard spot.

Watson/Penn/Wiz/Barnes/Howard seems like a big, physical run blocking line to me.

I think Reggie is gunna draft a stud RB later in the draft (Isaiah Crowell :nerd: )
Can't wait to see how Murray and Sheets play.

Watson/Howard/Penn/McCants
Barnes/Boothe/Mady/Bergstorm
Wiz

and I think Reggie drafts 1 more OL.

Last edited:
I expect open competition for all positions and believe in the staff to choose who works where best.

Open competition is the only way to go. But I doubt whatever is left out of last year's roster will beat out the people brought in :lol:

I have to check out Isaiah Cromwell. I was thinking Terance West would be a good look.

Sio is the Raiders, he's not getting dropped.

Meant he'd be one of the few that stays a starter 8)

And Crowell is the goods. Hot head but he can ball out.

I'm still nervous about the QB situation. I love the moves so far but still worry if we'll have the right signal caller under center.

Last edited:
Reggie is making it impossible to predict what he's going to do at five, and in doing so he's protecting the pick by making it as valuable as possible. No one can pin us to a position and decide that they can't talk us out of not trading the slot. I love it.

Pretty interesting Reggie went to Fales pro day. Then again its right down the road.
Fales my sleeper pick, dude was projected to go first or second round last year .... his team didn't do so great this year so his stock dropped ....and i heard he was almost perfect on his throws today ...so we'll see ...there alot of local talent in the bay area too 

I hope the Raider swoop up Deandre Colement DT - Cal & Fales from SJSU in late round 
pimp.gif

I don't know all the qbs scare me. I would love either Mack, Watkins or Clowney in that order. Would be cool with Robinson or Matthews.

Imagine Mack under the wings of Tuck and Woodley.

Crowell is a ******* violent runner man
great burst
and. hes got dreadds :smokin

Lil dudes ain't supposed to run like that man.

I'm sitting here watchin YouTube highlights and I cringe every other sequence cause the kids running head on into these SEC hogs with reckless abandon and gettin tossed around at the end of every (impressive) run. No way he can run like that in the NFL for any extended period if time. Love the vision, burst and toughness though one of those types that was born to carry the rock.

Reggie is making it impossible to predict what he's going to do at five, and in doing so he's protecting the pick by making it as valuable as possible. No one can pin us to a position and decide that they can't talk us out of not trading the slot. I love it.

It's the little things like this that often get overlooked that make some FO's more successful than others.

Last edited:
D-
Oakland Raiders: This is not how you use a $60 million cap windfall. First, they let rising youngsters Veldheer and Houston walk. Then they tried to overpay a player (Saffold) best suited to guard. After voiding his weighty agreement under dubious circumstances — he failed a physical, purportedly for a bum shoulder — the Raiders signed a player with a history of shoulder problems (DE Justin Tuck) and another wave of veteran defenders — headlined by Woodley and DE Antonio Smith — who aren't great scheme fits given their past experience. Oakland is older and more expensive if only marginally improved. Only new T Austin Howard and WR James Jones (probably the best addition so far) were signed for more than two years, so the Raiders did give themselves the ability to more effectively reload in the future. Still, try to name a team that's successfully built through free agency.
Next: The D-line could be temporarily solved. But what's happening on offense is still largely a mystery even after Monday night's addition of Penn.

I like our offense We just don't have a QB but our WR's are looking good and we seem to plug in RB's each season that produce.

I sorta agree. We need good players in their mid 20s. Draft guys are too young and free agents like the ones we got have seen better days. Valheer and Houston were guys just starting to pick up steam.
Optimistically
Lets say
Penn makes up for Valheer
Tuck makes up Houston.

That means we improved a Woodley, Smith and a Jones. Are they really worth 4 more wins for 8-8?

Just my opinion

But we're not going to find guys in their mid 20's who are clearly starters on free agency. Those players have been locked up by the team who drafted them because they are good. All we can do is take the best of what's available at a rate that allows the team to bring in more contributors while giving itself time to grow its own home grown talent.

I think the article was fairly ridiculous outside of discussing Veldheer as someone that Oakland needed to retain (though I don't agree as strongly as others might). Houston's value is less than what many think, and we've plugged many holes with superior players. I don't know what else we could have asked for short of waiting for the draft to bring in young talent.

Back
Top Bottom