Closed

[thread="578479"]
Q: Do you think you know at this moment who your quarterback will be in 2014?
McKenzie: Do I have an idea? I have a really good idea. Do you want me to tell you?
Q: Of course . . . but you have to have to have options, because it’s got to be someone who wants to be here or can be here . . .
McKenzie: The bottom line still is the guy’s got to come in and compete, show the team, his teammates, the staff, that he can do it. There’s always going to be competition. I hope it’s strong competition. But at the end of the day, I have a good idea.
[/thread]

LOL nice. Somewhat contradicts what I was saying about seeming to be meek about the five spot, but still in the same line of thinking of maximizing the fifth pick by remaining vague about which QB.

McGloin! Yes!
Has to be if he has a pretty good idea.
All the other guys in the draft are uncertain.
I bet that is why McGloin is out there throwing with Butler already.

I like mcgloin. I think he showed he can make all the throws he needs to. I would like us to get clowney mack or Watkins and give mcgloin full year with the starters. It's not like 1st round have a high rate of becoming franchise q's anyway. Aways a crap shoot

Thats good to hear about Butler I thought he was still recovering, I know McGloin been getting it in with Rod.

Last edited:
D-
Oakland Raiders: This is not how you use a $60 million cap windfall. First, they let rising youngsters Veldheer and Houston walk. Then they tried to overpay a player (Saffold) best suited to guard. After voiding his weighty agreement under dubious circumstances — he failed a physical, purportedly for a bum shoulder — the Raiders signed a player with a history of shoulder problems (DE Justin Tuck) and another wave of veteran defenders — headlined by Woodley and DE Antonio Smith — who aren't great scheme fits given their past experience. Oakland is older and more expensive if only marginally improved. Only new T Austin Howard and WR James Jones (probably the best addition so far) were signed for more than two years, so the Raiders did give themselves the ability to more effectively reload in the future. Still, try to name a team that's successfully built through free agency.
Next: The D-line could be temporarily solved. But what's happening on offense is still largely a mystery even after Monday night's addition of Penn.
They failed to mention  how Reggie is setting a nice foundation for our incoming young players from the draft -- i swear all these sports writer are saying the same thing ...

With woodson signing are starters on Defense & Offense are pretty much set.

Just missing a starting QB and a nickel CB.

C Wood back!
pimp.gif
and McFadden staying because he wants to be A Raider
pimp.gif
stay healthy he will be a top 5 rusher.

Say what you want about McFadden but he truly wants to be a Raider! I'm sure he could of got more somewhere Else but he choose to stay

I can respect that

I always respected him. He seems like a good dude. Remember he was a trouble maker with question marks coming out of Arkansas but turned his life around. He could have added fuel to the fire and turned out like JaBusto and Rolando.

Run DMC just has issues out if his control. Sometimes the mind is willing but the body is not. They should spend atleast $1million of our cap money on a strength and conditioning coach that will keep these guys on the field.

Last edited:
Say what you want about McFadden but he truly wants to be a Raider! I'm sure he could of got more somewhere Else but he choose to stay

I can respect that

Boy built himself a house on the hill and got one of the nicest views money can buy. Dude is never leaving Oakland. :lol:

I'm pretty sure they expect McGee to start but they'll probably rotate 4 guys around DT anyway.
So you guys are right, still need a depth DT in FA and probably 1 in the draft as well.

I have no issue with FA signings. Even though we got some vets, they signed deals that won't kill our cap. Reggie is building a foundation to attract free agents for years to come. Al would've broke the bank for Revis and Jared Allen killing our cap for the next 3 years. That being said, I'd like to see Andre Brown or a vet RB to run with DMC. Draft should be interesting, not sure if anyone knows what direction we're going.

[h1]GM Reggie McKenzie passes on watching Blake Bortles for David Fales[/h1]
Like a lot of other general managers and scouts around the league, Oakland Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie wasn't in Orlando checking out UCF's Blake Bortles. He opted to stick around the west coast, in San Jose to be exact.

There he watched San Jose State QB David Fales, who could end up being this year's sleeper pick come May.

Fales, in two seasons starting for the Spartans, compiled 8,382 passing yards and 66 touchdowns.Fales impressive scouts, hitting all fo his passes while only missing one deep post during his 53-throw workout at San Jose State pro day - 4 other incompletes were off receivers' hands, according to  CSN's Mike Maiocco.

Fales aslo has a connection to the Raiders. QB coach John DeFilippo, who previously served as San Jose State’s offensive coordinator, was instrumental in helping Fales make that decision to transfer from Nevada to San Jose.
“He definitely knows the guy very well,” McKenzie told the Contra Costa Times’ Jerry McDonald. “We spent time with him at the Senior Bowl and we know him pretty well. But we’ve got good handle on the kid and I just wanted to make sure I got a chance to see him in front of his own, and in his own setting.”
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...eam_oakland_raiders_auto_module_head_16054616

I guess it's interesting that Reggie doesn't show up for Bortles. I just figure that Bortles already gets enough coverage and Fales is just down the road to look at.

I dont think you can read too much into that thats just logistics, makes sense for the GM to stay in town if a FA was coming in to visit or something. Allen went to watch Bortles.

With that said though, they both went to watch Carr today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom