Closed

I'm ok with the trade...it doesn't hurt us long term and in my opinion he's the best option available...I'd rather have him than Vick, Freeman and I'm not really sold on any of the top 3 Draft QB's. We needed a QB (if he becomes a backup or starter is TBD), and we got the best available. Can't be too mad at that.

truth is at best Schaub is a .500 QB....and that's an improvement if he can play at his best.

Last edited:
I'm not Tryna hate. I'm actually really intrigued with the Raiders rebuild. I want to see them turn it around as a Bay Area native.

But serious, Shaub puts 11 million dollars on the Raiders cap. You guys are seriously okay with an 11 million dollar QB with 0 arm strength left who does nothing but make bad decisions left and right?

Does he not remind you of Carson? Way past his price. Except Carson actually had some arm strength.

I don't get the interest from Reggie at all.

Again, please don't think I'm in here to troll or hate. Even though I'm a Charger fan, like I told Jumpman I don't like seeing the bay struggle.

I know the plan now is obviously to draft a young QB in round 2 or 3 and groom him, but why pay Shaub 11 million to do the grooming? What good is he going to do?

There's a difference between Favre grooming Aaron Rodgers and Matt Shaub trying to groom a young QB.

I just don't get it, at all.

Can you guys who are okay with this explain why this makes sense besides the whole "we need a veteran to start while we groom a young QB"?

For 11 million why not at least bring in Vick and sell some tickets and bring in some excitement while you groom your QB? Why bring mr. pick 6?

Last edited:
3 years bro.

11 mill this year.
13.5 million 2015
15.5 million 2016

I know that's not all guaranteed but still...

Wow.

Last edited:
No, I don't.

Like I said, most of it's not guaranteed.
But at the very least this upcoming years 11 million is.

You're okay with 11 million dollars being paid for a shot arm, only because he's known as a veteran? Someone with 0 playoff wins?

Not trolling bro. I'm serious.
I want to understand this, they could of gotten Ryan Fitzpatrick for half the price. Fitz isn't a great QB but if the point is to have a vet starting why not have grabbed him
Before the texans did and saved half the money? At least fitz has an arm left to throw deep to Watkins if you draft him. While you guys groom your 2nd round QB.

Just asking

I wouldn't want Schaub on the squad 
mean.gif

JumpmanFromDaBay agrees with me we discussed it on twitter.

He needs to come Into the discussion so I don't look like I'm trolling.

I'm not Tryna hate. I'm actually really intrigued with the Raiders rebuild. I want to see them turn it around as a Bay Area native.

But serious, Shaub puts 11 million dollars on the Raiders cap. You guys are seriously okay with an 11 million dollar QB with 0 arm strength left who does nothing but make bad decisions left and right?

Does he not remind you of Carson? Way past his price. Except Carson actually had some arm strength.

I don't get the interest from Reggie at all.

Again, please don't think I'm in here to troll or hate. Even though I'm a Charger fan, like I told Jumpman I don't like seeing the bay struggle.

I know the plan now is obviously to draft a young QB in round 2 or 3 and groom him, but why pay Shaub 11 million to do the grooming? What good is he going to do?

There's a difference between Favre grooming Aaron Rodgers and Matt Shaub trying to groom a young QB.

I just don't get it, at all.

Can you guys who are okay with this explain why this makes sense besides the whole "we need a veteran to start while we groom a young QB"?

For 11 million why not at least bring in Vick and sell some tickets and bring in some excitement while you groom your QB? Why bring mr. pick 6?
Schaub stats
[h5]Career Stats[/h5]
[table][tr][th="col"]Passing[/th][th="col"]Fumbles[/th][/tr][tr][th="col"]Year[/th][th="col"]Team[/th][th="col"]G[/th][th="col"]QBRat[/th][th="col"]Comp[/th][th="col"]Att[/th][th="col"]Pct[/th][th="col"]Yds[/th][th="col"]Y/G[/th][th="col"]Y/A[/th][th="col"]TD[/th][th="col"]Int[/th][th="col"]Fum[/th][th="col"]FumL[/th][/tr][tr][th="row"]2004[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]6[/td][td]42.0[/td][td]33[/td][td]70[/td][td]47.1[/td][td]330[/td][td]55.0[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2005[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]16[/td][td]98.1[/td][td]33[/td][td]64[/td][td]51.6[/td][td]495[/td][td]30.9[/td][td]7.7[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2006[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]16[/td][td]71.2[/td][td]18[/td][td]27[/td][td]66.7[/td][td]208[/td][td]13.0[/td][td]7.7[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2007[/th][td]HOU[/td][td]11[/td][td]87.2[/td][td]192[/td][td]289[/td][td]66.4[/td][td]2241[/td][td]203.7[/td][td]7.8[/td][td]9[/td][td]9[/td][td]7[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2008[/th][td]HOU[/td][td]11[/td][td]92.7[/td][td]251[/td][td]380[/td][td]66.1[/td][td]3043[/td][td]276.6[/td][td]8.0[/td][td]15[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2009[/th][td]HOU[/td][td]16[/td][td]98.6[/td][td]396[/td][td]583[/td][td]67.9[/td][td]4770[/td][td]298.1[/td][td]8.2[/td][td]29[/td][td]15[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2010[/th][td]HOU[/td][td]16[/td][td]92.0[/td][td]365[/td][td]574[/td][td]63.6[/td][td]4370[/td][td]273.1[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]24[/td][td]12[/td][td]9[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2011[/th][td]HOU[/td][td]10[/td][td]96.8[/td][td]178[/td][td]292[/td][td]61.0[/td][td]2479[/td][td]247.9[/td][td]8.5[/td][td]15[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2012[/th][td]HOU[/td][td]16[/td][td]90.7[/td][td]350[/td][td]544[/td][td]64.3[/td][td]4008[/td][td]250.5[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]22[/td][td]12[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2013[/th][td]HOU[/td][td]10[/td][td]73.0[/td][td]219[/td][td]358[/td][td]61.2[/td][td]2310[/td][td]231.0[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]10[/td][td]14[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Totals[/th][td]  [/td][td]128[/td][td]89.8[/td][td]2035[/td][td]3181[/td][td]64.0[/td][td]24254[/td][td]189.5[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]130[/td][td]84[/td][td]41[/td][td]15[/td][/tr][/table]

Vicks
[h5]Career Stats[/h5]
[table][tr][th="col"]Passing[/th][th="col"]Fumbles[/th][/tr][tr][th="col"]Year[/th][th="col"]Team[/th][th="col"]G[/th][th="col"]QBRat[/th][th="col"]Comp[/th][th="col"]Att[/th][th="col"]Pct[/th][th="col"]Yds[/th][th="col"]Y/G[/th][th="col"]Y/A[/th][th="col"]TD[/th][th="col"]Int[/th][th="col"]Fum[/th][th="col"]FumL[/th][/tr][tr][th="row"]2001[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]8[/td][td]62.7[/td][td]50[/td][td]113[/td][td]44.2[/td][td]785[/td][td]98.1[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2002[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]15[/td][td]81.6[/td][td]231[/td][td]421[/td][td]54.9[/td][td]2936[/td][td]195.7[/td][td]7.0[/td][td]16[/td][td]8[/td][td]9[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2003[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]5[/td][td]69.0[/td][td]50[/td][td]100[/td][td]50.0[/td][td]585[/td][td]117.0[/td][td]5.9[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2004[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]15[/td][td]78.1[/td][td]181[/td][td]321[/td][td]56.4[/td][td]2313[/td][td]154.2[/td][td]7.2[/td][td]14[/td][td]12[/td][td]16[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2005[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]15[/td][td]73.1[/td][td]214[/td][td]387[/td][td]55.3[/td][td]2412[/td][td]160.8[/td][td]6.2[/td][td]15[/td][td]13[/td][td]11[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2006[/th][td]ATL[/td][td]16[/td][td]75.7[/td][td]204[/td][td]388[/td][td]52.6[/td][td]2474[/td][td]154.6[/td][td]6.4[/td][td]20[/td][td]13[/td][td]9[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2009[/th][td]PHI[/td][td]12[/td][td]93.8[/td][td]6[/td][td]13[/td][td]46.2[/td][td]86[/td][td]7.2[/td][td]6.6[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2010[/th][td]PHI[/td][td]12[/td][td]100.2[/td][td]233[/td][td]372[/td][td]62.6[/td][td]3018[/td][td]251.5[/td][td]8.1[/td][td]21[/td][td]6[/td][td]11[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2011[/th][td]PHI[/td][td]13[/td][td]84.9[/td][td]253[/td][td]423[/td][td]59.8[/td][td]3303[/td][td]254.1[/td][td]7.8[/td][td]18[/td][td]14[/td][td]10[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2012[/th][td]PHI[/td][td]10[/td][td]78.1[/td][td]204[/td][td]351[/td][td]58.1[/td][td]2362[/td][td]236.2[/td][td]6.7[/td][td]12[/td][td]10[/td][td]11[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]2013[/th][td]PHI[/td][td]7[/td][td]86.5[/td][td]77[/td][td]141[/td][td]54.6[/td][td]1215[/td][td]173.6[/td][td]8.6[/td][td]5[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Totals[/th][td]  [/td][td]128[/td][td]80.9[/td][td]1703[/td][td]3030[/td][td]56.2[/td][td]21489[/td][td]167.9[/td][td]7.1[/td][td]128[/td][td]85[/td][td]91[/td][td]41[/td][/tr][/table]

Like I said a week ago Shaub is getting sacrificed for our future QB facing the AFC West and NFC West RIP Matt. We also have like 25 mil in cap we have to spend that and the rookies combined are only going take up like 4-6 mil.

You're really comparing Shaub and Vicks stats?

Shaub had Andre Johnson to throw to all these years, someone who went up and made catches on frequent awful throws.

He also checked down to Tate and Foster for a BULK of those completions. Do you realize how many of Shaubs passing yardage came from screen passes to foster the last 3 years?

Let's judge gameplay not stats.

And I don't think Vick has much left. My point wasn't sign Vick he'll take you to the promise land. My point was if you wanna pay a vet just to pay a vet while you groom a young QB, why not at least Pay one that'll sell more
Merchandise, great more exciting plays,
And get the fan base a little more hyped about a transition year? Why pick the QB with no arm strength left who adds absolutely 0 excitement to the team or the season? For double the price.

No, I don't.

Like I said, most of it's not guaranteed.
But at the very least this upcoming years 11 million is.

You're okay with 11 million dollars being paid for a shot arm, only because he's known as a veteran? Someone with 0 playoff wins?

Not trolling bro. I'm serious.
I want to understand this, they could of gotten Ryan Fitzpatrick for half the price. Fitz isn't a great QB but if the point is to have a vet starting why not have grabbed him
Before the texans did and saved half the money? At least fitz has an arm left to throw deep to Watkins if you draft him. While you guys groom your 2nd round QB.

Just asking

I would rather have Matt Schaub over Ryan Fitzpatrick or any other QB available on the market.

His success was greater than any other QB you can mention. That means more to me than taking Ryan Fitzpatrick, who did well for half a season and netted his pay day and dropped off the face of the Earth. Schaub is a former Pro Bowler who made Houston a viable contender, and if you feel that playoff wins are the reason you invest in QBs then you must also have a strong dislike for Tony Romo.

Schaub does have something to offer to someone learning the position at the pro leve. He's earned a degree of respect because he enjoyed a sustained period of success as a traditional pocket passer. Fitzpatrick can't say that, Michael Vick could but the organization doesn't want to groom a QB who plays like Michael Vick. And despite his severe drop in ability the past two years, he's still better than what the Raiders have had at QB (though if McGloin steps up to take the starter job away then I wouldn't complain about that).

You're really comparing Shaub and Vicks stats?

Shaub had Andre Johnson to throw to all these years, someone who went up and made catches on frequent awful throws.

He also checked down to Tate and Foster for a BULK of those completions. Do you realize how many of Shaubs passing yardage came from screen passes to foster the last 3 years?

Let's judge gameplay not stats.

And I don't think Vick has much left. My point wasn't sign Vick he'll take you to the promise land. My point was if you wanna pay a vet just to pay a vet while you groom a young QB, why not at least Pay one that'll sell more
Merchandise, great more exciting plays,
And get the fan base a little more hyped about a transition year? Why pick the QB with no arm strength left who adds absolutely 0 excitement to the team or the season? For double the price.
And Vick had DJax and Maclin and Shady ...so what the problem? Didn't know Schuab had a noodle arm, dude had 4k passing yard years...noodle arms can get you that? Not saying his arm is Elite, but no way they weak... ...Also I'm sure Raider Fan already excited about this coming season with all the movie Reggie made ...

Last edited:
3 years bro.

11 mill this year.
13.5 million 2015
15.5 million 2016

I know that's not all guaranteed but still...

Wow.

Gotcha. What's nice is that in a trade, we could simply cut him without a cap hit. I'm not entirely sure where we stand on the cap space right now, but I would imagine it's somewhere in the neighborhood of $40 million. $11 mill to Schaub for one year isn't exactly a deal breaker. Assuming we actually trade a 6-7th rounder for Schaub, then that's a pick that is looking to be replaced with a deal for Terrelle Pryor. If you could virtually replace Pryor with Schaub, you don't think that's an upgrade at QB?

Let's consider the QB options in the free agent market...Josh Freeman, Michael Vick, possibly Mark Sanchez...anyone else out there? Are any of these guys worth pursuing?

You have a GM doing everything he can to save his job and build a respectable team in the process. Acquiring a veteran QB who can compete with McGloin and the QB we'll probably draft isn't exactly a terrible strategy. I feel the money is a non-ssue...we'd still have plenty of space to throw a major deal at say Jared Allen or Alex Mack or any other big name out there.

Now if we give up anything more than ONE 5th round pick, I'll be pissed and everything I said previously is null and void.

Initially I hated the thought of Schaub but if he can just be efficient and not throw pick 6's like there's no tomorrow I'm alright with it.

Gotchu guys.
I wasn't Tryna ruffle feathers.
Just legit didn't understand it but if like you said he doesn't throw crazy throws and just manages the team well for one year, it could work out.

Johnny you know I think of you as a very objective sports fan. I don't hate Kobe like you do, but it obviously shows you put your teams before any individuals. I can respect that.

So if you're okay with it then there's no reason for me to keep questioning it.

I just had a hard time seeing him win games, so my thinking was if you know you're going to have another losing season while you build talent and start building a contender slowly, why pay so much for him? It's not like he's going to take you to the playoffs.

But at the end of the day. If you guys understand it and are okay with him starting 1 year then who am I to dispute it.

Like i said, I genuinely do want to see you guys turn it around. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to brought it up or cared.

I'll let it be, hope it works out.
Serious

Last edited:
:lol:

I don't know why more Laker fans don't hate Kobe. So many of us forget how willing he was to spurn us and leave in the mid 2000s after trading away Shaq. He kept that act up until he got Pau and shut up. Maybe him doing that made the team work hard to stay competitive, but it felt like we were being used the whole time. F that.

Also, he's a ball hogging SG that COULD pass if he wanted to but doesn't. My least favorite qualities in a basketball player :lol:

Schaub isn't as bad an option as you're making him out to be. Personally I'd take a healthy Vick over Schaub in a heart beat but all things considered he's the best option available and the money isn't a big deal at all to me given our cap situation. 

:lol:

I don't know why more Laker fans don't hate Kobe. So many of us forget how willing he was to spurn us and leave in the mid 2000s after trading away Shaq. He kept that act up until he got Pau and shut up. Maybe him doing that made the team work hard to stay competitive, but it felt like we were being used the whole time. F that.

Also, he's a ball hogging SG that COULD pass if he wanted to but doesn't. My least favorite qualities in a basketball player :lol:

No longer following you Smush

Damn.

You sure Ska ain't your older brother? :lol:

Nah I mean he has a lot of arrogant qualities I do not like as a person.

But unlike most people I don't care about athletes being jerks off the field.

Obviously something's are hard to look past.

But arrogance and cockiness is something that isn't exactly new to me when watching these super start athletes. They've been idolized their whole lives. Their arrogance is probably what fuels them.

Is it okay to act like a baby or a jerk to people? Nah.
Not saying that, I wouldn't be but that's because I was raised to be humble by my parents.

But Kobe's trade demands and off the court weirdness doesn't outweigh the fact that he helped my favorite team win 5 championships.

If he hadn't won those 2 with Pau after his cry baby act I would probably feel a lot more similar to you about him :lol:

Winning helps man, it might be stupid but its the sad truth.

Looks like the trade for Schaub is official, didn't know until looking at ESPN. What round draft pick did we give up?

Back
Top Bottom