Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
What exactly can the average person do to step up though?

He does this all the time. I believe average people can do a lot TBH. Average people make up communities and that's where it starts. The oppressive system puts so much effort to drown out the voice of millions.

But I believe the millions can stand up.

What do you mean what can the average person do?

Help those around you reach their potential. In short, that is what you can do as an average person.

Do for those that can't do for themselves.

In short, just be a damn good human being.

Educate those around you.

You don't need anything to make a difference but will

My entire career is based on community mental health and ensuring cultural competence is a priority.

I've advocated for free services and connecting resources to communities where mental health is not readily available.

I've helped write grants to offset prices of services.

My ultimate goal is to open my own center in the urban neighborhood where I grew up to make service and support free.

Should I keep going? Or do you want to list your contributions too?
I don't need to list anything

I am not the one screaming what others SHOULD do.

You were, which is why I asked what you were doing.

Glad to see you are making a difference though. Keep it up. Keep it up. Keep it up

Thanks for helping folks out

Last edited:
I don't need to list anything

You were, which is why I asked what you were doing.

Glad to see you are making a difference though. Keep it up. Keep it up. Keep it up

Thanks for helping folks out

So me saying melo can't lead the Knicks let alone a movement is me yelling what someone should do?

Ninjahood is that you?

i think melo, like a lot of celebs, want to help when they can be seen helping  

and only want to speak in front of you-know-who

aint too many warrick dunn's out here doing it just because

Last edited:

Help those around you reach their potential. In short, that is what you can do as an average person.

Alright, we're on the same page then. The "well what are you doing to step up?" argument comes off as condescending, which is why I asked what exactly you were expecting of him to qualify for stepping up.
I agree that being a positive influence on your close surrounding is very important. That ranges from simply instilling the right values or larger contributions to society such as charitable donations, providing services for the community and supporting progressive legislation.
In my experience, arguing with fellow white people outside of my close circle about topics like racism goes nowhere 99% of the time. The concept of white fragility is certainly real.
Your close surroundings such as good friends and family are far easier to influence and I believe that is the real key to progress. Those racist white people don't want to be educated on their ignorance, and they certainly won't educate themselves. That is why I think we must "out-breed" them. I don't think we'll see real significant progress in our lifetimes but I do believe that instilling these values in the next generation and keeping them on the right path is the key to progress. Eventually those angry white racists will become the minority, though it will be a very lengthy process. They're already scared of this prospect, even going as far as calling the growing people of color population "white genocide". Those kinds of people still hold far too much political power in today's world and things will probably change for the worse in the future as their hatred and fear grows stronger. There is a rise of xenophobia and racism in the west (Trump, Brexit, France, refugee crisis, ...) and I don't see that toxic wave passing any time soon unfortunately.

Last edited:
So I guess another user with the name instagram typed this? >D
Melo cant even lead the Knicks. He ain't leading a civil rights movement.
this is what you quoted. Show me where I'm yelling that melo should do something...

Da Irony

again. show me were i'm "yelling" for melo "to do something"

It is right in the quote my man. Not sure what else needs to be said.

You saying you wish NBA dudes would step up is what made me quote you.

You can go head and have the last word though

It is right in the quote my man. Not sure what else needs to be said.

You saying you wish NBA dudes would step up is what made me quote you.

You can go head and have the last word though
oh having wishes is the same as yelling at dudes what to do.

stay the same  DCinjahoomerican

Last edited:
All this slander on Melo :smh:
He may be one selfish basketball player, but he's well respected out there at Baltimore and was at the Freddie Gray protests
Melo has always been in the trenches since he came into the league. Especially as of late though. He has been stepping it up.

I agree, don't turn this into a Cap vs Melo battle. No need to go there

In a way, melo kind of did that himself

"What he's doing is cool, but I'm past that"

No need for that comment at all

Last edited:
In a way, melo kind of did that himself

"What he's doing is cool, but I'm past that"

No need for that comment at all

I can see how you interpreted it that way. That is also why having audio/video present helps to see things in a better context. I didn't take it the way others did, but that is fine. I can see your POV though

All this slander on Melo :smh:
He may be one selfish basketball player, but he's well respected out there at Baltimore and was at the Freddie Gray protests
Melo has always been in the trenches since he came into the league. Especially as of late though. He has been stepping it up.

I agree, don't turn this into a Cap vs Melo battle. No need to go there
These dudes forgot Kaep went to Melo for advice after this whole sitting on the bench during the national anthem started also and Melo gave him constructive criticism
It's getting ridiculous
Damned if you do, damned if you don't
What's next from the complainers of Melo? He can't give his opinion anymore?

Last edited:
Not impressed with Mello at all. I remember during the olympics Melo posted some pictures in a favella in Brazil as though he was some Robin Hood real cat showing love in the hood. While his pictures and the idea were cute, I later found out that the favella he visited was a moderate favella that is a well known tourist attraction. So it wasn't like he ventured into a favella like the favellas in City of God. Dude was stunting in a tourist attraction hood. Melo tries too hard to appear to be for the people when in reality I think he's just seeking attention. He wants to be on Time like Kaepernick.

Not impressed with Mello at all. I remember during the olympics Melo posted some pictures in a favella in Brazil as though he was some Robin Hood real cat showing love in the hood. While his pictures and the idea were cute, I later found out that the favella he visited was a moderate favella that is a well known tourist attraction. So it wasn't like he ventured into a favella like the favellas in City of God. Dude was stunting in a tourist attraction hood. Melo tries too hard to appear to be for the people when in reality I think he's just seeking attention. He wants to be on Time like Kaepernick.

Did he say he was tryna be robin hood in the toughest ghetto in brazil or is that what you assumed he was implying? Srs question. Maybe he was just posting pics of his time in brazil. Seems like some of yall just dont like melo cause sports and your preconceptions are bleeding over to what he does off the courts.

It's a shame that you guys are trying to pit one guy against the other in this whole Melo/Kap discussion. Should have never come to this. :smh:

While I agree folks posting pics, "In the hood" is attention seeking, Melo isn't the only one that does this.

We all, normal people included, like to snap pics and post videos of us doing "charity."

It is just what humans do.

But that doesn't mean we need to discredit the ACT of them giving back

So I guess none of the NBA players have the heart to take a knee during the anthem?

So I guess none of the NBA players have the heart to take a knee during the anthem?

They would get fined for it and its a requirement in the NBA. Taking a knee shouldn't be the issue. There's absolutely nothing wrong with standing for the anthem at all. A lot of players choose to stand and they help out in their own way. At the same time they shouldn't throw light comments at Colin for him choosing to kneel, or make comments saying that they're past that. honestly they shouldn't even respond to reporters when they're asked about it because the media purposely wants the divide.

I saw that the sixers didn't let a singer sing the anthem because she wore a jersey that said "we matter". They released a statement saying they support social causes or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom