Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Melo is really falling into the trap. What Kaep is doing is part of the same fight he's doing. You don't need to downplay either action because they both are trying to address a very real problem. The worst that you can do is fight with each other which is something Shucking and Jiving Dudes like Barkley and Scam want.

Melo was hating. NONE of these dudes have the balls to do what Kaep did because daddy Silver will fine them (which he just inplemented after Kaep took his knee) and they definitely not about to lose endorsements. Yes continue to do nba cares events and keep funding after school programs but **** aint gone change until we all take a stand collectively. Ain't no such thing as half way protest at this point we all have to be ALL IN

Last edited:
I took Melo's comments as a general statement and not a knock on CAP. I took it as him saying, you have to do more than the protest stuff because in the end, what does that really do. I didn't take it as him saying Cap ONLY does protestings.

I took Melo's comments as a general statement and not a knock on CAP. I took it as him saying, you have to do more than the protest stuff because in the end, what does that really do. I didn't take it as him saying Cap ONLY does protestings.
Exactly.  Melo wasnt trying to be condescending. He was thinking out loud which is a problem with white publication because they try to create conflict. His intent wasnt in the wrong place but the media loves soundbites.

If him and Kaep had personal phone convos why is he discussing kaep with white publications? Why is he telling a white publication that he's past what kaep is doing, when kaep has already been doing more than kneeling.

Last edited:
If him and Kaep had personal phone convos why is he discussing kaep with white publications? Why is he telling a white publication that he's past what kaep is doing, when kaep has already been doing more than kneeling.
Because that's the question he was asked. He may have told kaep that they need to work together on the phone. Who knows. Melo like myself and a lot of other people are frustrated that we dont see progress. I just dont think that melo meant in a bad way. he was saying we need more. What kaep is doing, honestly melo prolly doesnt have the guts to do it. thats why i do believe that melo should of watched how he worded that so he could give props to kaep but also encouraged alot of athletes to have plan.

its all talk from melo cuz spending money or donations or charity aint gonna make white people stop hating black people

Exactly.  Melo wasnt trying to be condescending. He was thinking out loud which is a problem with white publication because they try to create conflict. His intent wasnt in the wrong place but the media loves soundbites.
This!

Everyone needs to be more conscious of their words, where they're going, and how they'll be presented. I don't think he had ill intentions. I think he just fell right into the trap.

I think Melo saying he's beyond symbolism is because he's done it, and it hasn't meant much so he's moving on to real action. It speaks more to his actions and the reactions that followed than a knock on Kaep. Thinking about it, getting riled up about Kaep's protest and the symbolism is the exact same as those reactions to the flag. It's a bit silly. It's just a symbol, it's the actions and the content of the protest that matters, don't allow yourself to be distracted. It would piss me off for a bit but I had to sit back and reconsider. Stay the course Kaep, but let's do our part and support the movements moving.

Really disappointed in Jim Brown and the rest of the crew on Inside the NBA basically ******** on Kaep tonight and pedaling those same talking points of we need to fix our community and then everything will be ok. It's so counterproductive and outright false equivalency to do that. And the saddest thing is these guys have many eyes on them and they are stepping on the real message. 

Last edited:
Melo cant even lead the Knicks. He ain't leading a civil rights movement.

Last edited:
Really disappointed in Jim Brown and the rest of the crew on Inside the NBA basically ******** on Kaep tonight and pedaling those same talking points of we need to fix our community and then everything will be ok. It's so counterproductive and outright false equivalency to do that. And the saddest thing is these guys have many eyes on them and they are stepping on the real message. 

bunch of sell outs. barkley has made some of the worst remarks regarding racial inequality in this country. as long as they are fed well and treated white they can't relate to what really goes on.

Melo cant even lead the Knicks. He ain't leading a civil rights movement.

25zmnm8.jpg

Jim Brown especially. Dude been saying alot of dumb **** lately. He said that the american flag is sacred and you cant disrespect then yesterday on tnt said that black people should comply.

Atleast  kenny tried to be the voice of reason.

The disease of racooning is spreading. I'd never thought I'd ever see the day when Jim Brown would make the kinds of statements he's made.

Jim brown getting old he tryna get checks

The whole "fix our community" spiel is asinine because white people are sure to keep us down

Jim brown getting old he tryna get checks

The whole "fix our community" spiel is asinine because white people are sure to keep us down

I dunno, famb.

This Jim Brown we talking about.

Like... The blackest of black dudes. :lol:

Last edited:
Jim Brown really got me confused. :lol:

He's one of the OG's of standing up but he's sitting next to a blatant sellout in Charles agreeing with him. And Jim Brown was just on Hidden Colors 4 talking some real ****. Maybe he tryna play both sides. I don't know. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom