Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm sorry, I rock with Kaep but I disagree with the assertion Meek Mil was done wrong by the justice system in regards to the recent sentence he was handed. He is in jail because of his own constant **** ups.

Also bringing up Brock Turner kinda undercuts his point. Turner should have gotten a longer prison sentence but the 3 months wasn't is only punishment. Plus prosecutors wanted him to serve 6 years, it was the judge that have him that break. Legislating harsher sentences is not a good idea, that what mandatory minimums do.

You want a system where prosecutors and judge give defendants breaks, no matter class and race. So anything the cost of that system unfortunately will you get some more Brock Turner's too.

Like I said, the justice system can both be unjust to black people and Meek could have played him. These issues are not mutually exclusive.

This all sounds good but Meek shouldn't get no 2-4 year sentence for charges that were dropped. The prosecutor and the probation officer said don't put him in jail and the crazy judge did it anyway. The judge clearly had it out for him. Asking him to do tribute to her, asking him to leave Roc Nation for friends manage company. The broad is out there, they got a investigation on her now.

This all sounds good but Meek shouldn't get no 2-4 year sentence for charges that were dropped. The prosecutor and the probation officer said don't put him in jail and the crazy judge did it anyway. The judge clearly had it out for him. Asking him to do tribute to her, asking him to leave Roc Nation for friends manage company. The broad is out there, they got a investigation on her now.
And Meek was only in that courtroom that day because he was ****ing up constant. Not matter if the charges are dropped why are you in those positions, why are you faking drug test, why are you not alerting your probation officers of your locations properly, why are you saying you are doing charity work and they pull up on you and you're actually not doing it, why are you back here having you entire family and GF come cry in front of the judge a while back. Why are you doing all this when easily have the time are resources to act right? Meek did plenty of stuff for them to violate him, you're just taking issue with one.

I am sorry, the judge might have questionable character but that doesn't excuse Meek's behavior. It is a whataboutism, it is deflect. It is like a kid getting detention after cheating on his homework, talking in class constantly, and talking back. Then after getting punished after getting tons of breaks, people wanna take issue with the teacher's tone and teaching methods. Yes ok that might be an issue, but the punish handed out was warranted

The system didn't **** Meek. Meek ****ed Meek

While Meek may have "put himself in this position" by breaking up a fight, popping a wheelie for some kids and not being in charge of his schedule (most rappers usually aren't hence booking managers/agents and I'm sure this is known by probation officers everywhere but nevertheless)...

Why not use this opportunity to start the larger conversation of how much of a trap probation is? Why is that not the initiative everyone is jumping on board for instead of once again going on and on about how much better at decision making we are than multi millionaire recording artist Meek Mill...

Instead of that being the conversation, and it potentially bringing awareness to people in similar predicaments without millions of fans to rally for them...here we are again putting the dunce hat on Meek Mill like we all don't know he played a part in this being able to happen to him...That is acknowledged...the discussion should be a reform in the concept of "probation" or at the very least a look into why this ***** is reccomending Boyz II Men remakes to people that she holds freedom over....

Last edited:
And Meek was only in that courtroom that day because he was ****ing up constant. Not matter if the charges are dropped why are you in those positions, why are you faking drug test, why are you not alerting your probation officers of your locations properly, why are you saying you are doing charity work and they pull up on you and you're actually not doing it, why are you back here having you entire family and GF come cry in front of the judge a while back. Why are you doing all this when easily have the time are resources to act right? Meek did plenty of stuff for them to violate him, you're just taking issue with one.

I am sorry, the judge might have questionable character but that doesn't excuse Meek's behavior. It is a whataboutism, it is deflect. It is like a kid getting detention after cheating on his homework, talking in class constantly, and talking back. Then after getting punished after getting tons of breaks, people wanna take issue with the teacher's tone and teaching methods. Yes ok that might be an issue, but the punish handed out was warranted

The system didn't **** Meek. Meek ****ed Meek

2-4 years ain't warranted at all for some small ****. Meek does stupid **** but not worth spending 2-4 locked up, it don't make sense.

We can't say "The judge is questionable but..."

Nah, you a judge. You shouldn't have a extreme bias for or against somebody. They shoulda been removed her from that.

Your teacher and student analogy is way off. :lol:

2-4 years ain't warranted at all for some small ****. Meek does stupid **** but not worth spending 2-4 locked up, it don't make sense.

We can't say "The judge is questionable but..."

Nah, you a judge. You shouldn't have a extreme bias for or against somebody. They shoulda been removed her from that.

Your teacher and student analogy is way off. :lol:
Dude huh? What the hell are you talking about, or course it makes sense.

You don't get sentenced based on your probation violations, you get sentenced based on your original crime/charge.

My analogy can be way off to you, fine, whatever. But I am not gonna feel sorry or shout injustice for a dude that got multiple chances to avoid such a sentence. He knew the consequences, he chose to ignore them. Routinely ignore them

Dude huh? What the hell are you talking about, or course it makes sense.

You don't get sentenced based on your probation violations, you get sentenced based on your original crime/charge.

The original crime was in 08 Lol

It is what it is though, people see this situation totally different.

I gotta look at any brother funny style if they taking this opportunity to scold Meek like they his daddy instead of contributing to the conversation of asking why this is okay. I understand it from the Trump hats and Sperry wearing dudes but damn. It be ya own ******.

Our people don't recognize their own power. It's a shame.

Y'all got car consoles full of empty gar wrappers talmbout following the damn law man FOH lol.

The original crime was in 08 Lol

It is what it is though, people see this situation totally different.
Anddddd? That has nothing to do with what I stated

And btw, His probation would have been over in 2013, if he hadn't have violated it in 2012, and 2013, and got sent to jail in 2014 for violating, and violating again in 2015, which got him getting house arrests last year and 6 more years of probation. If he had chilled and just reported his travel properly, he would have been pass this.

Famb it is what it is. I ain't gonna chase goal post all night

What I take from either argument is judges need a governing body to evaluate and hold them accountable.

Facts

The problem I have with Meek is that he put all the power in their hands when he hopped on that bike.

It’s definitely wrong, though. And it should be dealt with.

Judging from videos like this, I suspect biking in NY is like jaywalking or making a late turn signal everywhere else where they'll nab you if they wanna **** with you and usually it aint **** to worry about. And wasn't his charge not even for being on the bike itself but for not wearing safety gear or popping a wheelie?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=motorbike+NYC

tenor.gif

Thought it was Terrence Williams from the Cowboys for a second :lol:

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this but I remember when people were talking about boycotting companies and coming together a few years ago and that all seemed like talk. It's truly amazing how much we have stuck to that. Look at what Papa John's had to do. Look at what the NFL may have to do. Look at politics in this country. I feel like we're in a moment that has potential for really changing this country for the better. For the first time in a long time, I'm optimistic about the direction WE are moving in.

I gotta look at any brother funny style if they taking this opportunity to scold Meek like they his daddy instead of contributing to the conversation of asking why this is okay. I understand it from the Trump hats and Sperry wearing dudes but damn. It be ya own *****s.

Our people don't recognize their own power. It's a shame.

Y'all got car consoles full of empty gar wrappers talmbout following the damn law man FOH lol.
If this is reference to me, my response is...............whatever.

Please read my original comment after the Kaep IG thing was posted. I barely said anything harsh about Meek. Dude quoted me and took issue with what I said so I explained my opinion. I didn't jump at a opportunity to preach respectability politics to Meek. Nor I am painting him out to be anything more than someone that just screwed himself. So this equivalency with the BS that comes out of Trump stans in nonsense imo

I am not scolding him for his behavior, I and explain why I don't have the same sympathy I have for Meek that I have for million of other people railroaded by the criminal justice system. And previously I said I think the original sentence was too much. I don't take pleasure in the man being sent away.

And btw, I have spoken a ton, on NT, about how the criminal justice system hurts my people. Saying Meek played himself if not in anyway deny that fact.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this but I remember when people were talking about boycotting companies and coming together a few years ago and that all seemed like talk. It's truly amazing how much we have stuck to that. Look at what Papa John's had to do. Look at what the NFL may have to do. Look at politics in this country. I feel like we're in a moment that has potential for really changing this country for the better. For the first time in a long time, I'm optimistic about the direction WE are moving in.

We don't boycott ****.

We just talk hot **** on Twitter and companies, knowing our power more than we know our own, adjust accordingly before the lightbulb goes off for us to start utilizing our $1.3 Trillion in spending power. We didn't boycott Pepsi for that Kylie Jenner **** (which we shouldn't have lol) either but they saw the backlash and nipped it in the bud just off of Black Twitter roasting it. Imagine if we actually got our **** together and at the drop of a dime could say, "nah we're good" on x company.

If this is reference to me, my response is...............whatever.

Please read my original comment after the Kaep IG thing was posted. I barely said anything harsh about Meek. Dude quoted me and took issue with what I said so I explained my opinion. I didn't jump at a opportunity to preach respectability politics to Meek. Nor I am painting him out to be anything more than someone that just screwed himself. So this equivalency with the BS that comes out of Trump stans in nonsense imo

I am not scolding him for his behavior, I and explain why I don't have the same sympathy I have for Meek that I have for million of other people railroaded by the criminal justice system. And previously I said I think the original sentence was too much. I don't take pleasure in the man being sent away.

And btw, I have spoken a ton, on NT, about how the criminal justice system hurts my people. Saying Meek played himself if not in anyway deny that fact.

I just feel like there are two reactions one could have here.

You could use this to say "Meh, Meek deserves it" or you could use Meek's fame and the notoriety of his legal troubles to really look into the concept of probation. That's all I see here. ****ting on Meek or saying he doesn't deserve sympathy does less for "us" than using his example and the instant recognizability of his situation and fame to create the public sentiment/conversation of A. Judges being free to pretty much do whatever they want and B. Revamping or looking over the concept of probation and why someone is still facing consequences at 30 for a **** up when he was 18. At what point do you not just give him a year or two to let him be finished and start over with a new slate? And I'm pretty sure he's already served that amount of time, if not more up until this point.

And I feel like that's what Kaep is/was trying to do. Whether you feel like Meek brought it on himself or not, his situation is the perfect example to start the conversation and I gotta look at anyone the same color as Meek, Kaep or me that is ignoring that opportunity to say "welp shouldn't have wheelied ***** dont drop the soap" like they're lowkey tap dancing. For no reason too.

Last edited:
We don't boycott ****.

We just talk hot **** on Twitter and companies, knowing our power more than we know our own, adjust accordingly before the lightbulb goes off for us to start utilizing our $1.3 Trillion in spending power. We didn't boycott Pepsi for that Kylie Jenner **** (which we shouldn't have lol) either but they saw the backlash and nipped it in the bud just off of Black Twitter roasting it. Imagine if we actually got our **** together and at the drop of a dime could say, "nah we're good" on x company.

I haven't watched a single NFL game this year. It's definitely hurting them. When ratings suffer, advertisers stop paying for air time. It's happening.

I just feel like there are two reactions one could have here.

You could use this to say "Meh, Meek deserves it" or you could use Meek's fame and the notoriety of his legal troubles to really look into the concept of probation. That's all I see here. ****ting on Meek or saying he doesn't deserve sympathy does less for "us" than using his example and the instant recognizability of his situation and fame to create the public sentiment/conversation of A. Judges being free to pretty much do whatever they want and B. Revamping or looking over the concept of probation and why someone is still facing consequences at 30 for a **** up when he was 18. At what point do you not just give him a year or two to let him be finished and start over with a new slate? And I'm pretty sure he's already served that amount of time, if not more up until this point.

And I feel like that's what Kaep is/was trying to do. Whether you feel like Meek brought it on himself or not, his situation is the perfect example to start the conversation and I gotta look at anyone the same color as Meek, Kaep or me that is ignoring that opportunity to say "welp shouldn't have wheelied boy"

I said Meek played himself, you don't get to twist my word, to build your on strawman, to make it easier criticize me. Commenting on Meek was not even the thing in my original comment. And anyone that is in the Political thread knows I take criminal justice reform very seriously. In fact on this issue.....

-It cuts both ways because if you legislate judges decisions wrong, you end up with thing like mandatory minimums. Plenty of judges complain that they want to give defendants breaks but the law doesn't allow them. That is why I talk about the Brock Turner thing, because the goal is to take the boot of the neck of minorities, not place it on the neck of others. And the irony of this is that Meek himself got breaks from the judge.

-Another irony is that using probation more would cause to see incarceration rates drop, and dampened long term negative economics effects on minority communities for having convictions on their record. So you would preferably want to see more probation being using over jail time. You want to take issue with the length of the probation period, fine. There is more irony on that issue regarding the Meek situation again

-I vote in every single local election for sheriffs and judges. There are plenty of crooked judges that get defacto lifetime appointments because of low voter turnout. I tell plenty of dudes in here to vote, for these exact reason, and I get rebuffed.

-I write every single representative I have saying that I believe judges should be term limited, that elections make judges sentence harsher. That appointed and confirmation through vote, and monitoring sentencing patterns might be a better option. And dudes will hit me wit more ****.

So please, spare me. You don't get to set the rules, and set this binary choice. That if you don't talk about this issue in a certain way that you are giving a tacit cosign to an unjust system. Dude quoted me, and took issues with what I posted, so I expanded, I answered him. Don't paint it like I ran in here to chastise Meek to to wave my finger at dude. I take no pleasure in him being locked up.

All I said trying to originally say was I couldn't rock with how Kaep was arguing his point, by using the examples he did, because it misses the mark. I am not making any excuses for white supremacy. And you can miss me with your strawmen and this bull **** assertion that I am tap dancing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom