Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Kaep didn’t take a knee he would be on someone’s roster, possibly starting.

im comparing kaep to any qb not named rodgers or brady and i think he should be a starter

Then you aren’t watching football correctly. Kaep isn’t at that level of talent for one.

Kaep was trending downward/stabilizing, not out of the NFL. Can he start? Obviously. But you can’t compare him to an upward trending QB who got a bag. Kaep got that bag already, it was about him playing well enough to warrant another contract.

Using the Jimmy situation as proof of how ****ed up Kaep's situation is as bad as the #timesup people going on witchhunts like the girl trying to ruins Aziz's career.

FTR I'm not black, I'm Mexican.

But unfortunately I'm not going to be able to reason with unreasonable people.

Also, saying this year's 49ers team is 10 times better shows for uninformed you are. Compare the rosters.
Roster on paper may have been better
But they weren’t a complete team
Something wasn’t there in that locker room
With the staff
And front office
Their was turmoil
And not all of it was kaeps fault
So just cause it seemed he had the better team
Don’t mean ****

Man we had to give JimmyGQ that money tho.

49ers football has SUCKED and we had to pay our franchise quarterback.

and we have a lot of money to blow

Then you aren’t watching football correctly. Kaep isn’t at that level of talent for one.

Kaep was trending downward/stabilizing, not out of the NFL. Can he start? Obviously. But you can’t compare him to an upward trending QB who got a bag. Kaep got that bag already, it was about him playing well enough to warrant another contract.

correction - im not watching football period

and i didnt say he was on brady or rodgers level, i said excluding them

meaning out of the other 28 qbs

i dont care what made up crap you talking about "trending downward"

if he can obviously start how tf is about "warranting" another contract

just stop

correction - im not watching football period

and i didnt say he was on brady or rodgers level, i said excluding them

meaning out of the other 28 qbs

i dont care what made up crap you talking about "trending downward"

if he can obviously start how tf is about "warranting" another contract

just stop

You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing. I’m pro Kaep. We know why he isn’t playing.

However, bringing up Jimmy getting paid versus Kaep being unemployed is a bad football argument. They’re at different points in their careers.

You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing. I’m pro Kaep. We know why he isn’t playing.

However, bringing up Jimmy getting paid versus Kaep being unemployed is a bad football argument. They’re at different points in their careers.
Ok we get it. It takes two to argue.

cuz blackballing a dude and diminishing his perceived playing ability isnt a "bad football argument"

callin a guy your franchise qb and giving him 100 ms after less than half a season isnt a "bad football argument"

i get it

its all a crapshoot right?

im just sayin dudes making it sound like this jimmy g cat is goin to the superbowl next year

-Listen I get why people might see this as adding insult to injury but lets think for a second. If Kaep did get a shot somewhere this season, would Jimmy G still have gotten this contract. From the 49ers or another team. And in my opinion, he probably would have. That is how the market for young franchise quarterback. The speculative aspect of the market worked in Jimmy G's favor. If he didn't get the bag from the 49ers, he would have gotten it elsewhere. That is how the market it.

Kaep being black balled and the market for young quarterbacks being distorted are not mutually exclusive. Both could be true.

Kaep and 49ers chose to part ways, unfortunately the other owners as scumbags and he didn't get a fair shot. I mean what would be the right thing to do in this situation? Franchise Jimmy G and bring in Kaep to compete for the job? Or let Jimmy G walk and roll the dice on Kaep again?

Kaep deserve to be in the league, but it was clear it was time for the 49ers and Kaep to part ways. Kneeling aside, it was obvious it was time they were going to part ways. Hell it seemed even Kaep wanted out.

i think its two separate things

its one kaep being blackballed

and its also the issue of when do young black qbs start getting this jimmy g treatment

it has to do with kaep when dudes are making it seem like jimmy g is going to be a great qb and he could turn out to be andrew luck

and gb didnt trade for rodgers
-Dude are just saying he has potential and he got paid market value. Market value just happens to be insane

-I brought up Green Bay because you said

lets ask indy how trading established talent for a "young, franchise qb" turned out

Green Bay traded away Farve away to move forward with Rodgers. But I guess since they didn't swap the players you are technically right, it was not a one to one swap. Fair enough

But BTW, Indy released Manning after he sat out a year for neck issues, and then drafted Andrew Luck. Sooo.....

-But I do agree that generally black QBs are not treated the same as white ones. So if Jimmy G was a brother, they general hype around him might not be the same.

Last edited:
ESPN is doing a "Dear Black Athletes" telecast today at 8 E.T.
The Undefeated, ESPN’s content initiative exploring the intersections of sports, race and culture, will present Dear Black Athlete, a collection of conversations with African American athletes, and civic and community leaders, on Sunday, February 11, at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.

The one-hour program, hosted by SportsCenter anchor Cari Champion, was taped in front of a live audience at the historic Sixth Avenue Baptist Church in Birmingham, Ala. – the birthplace of the civil rights movement – on Wednesday.

Click to watch Dear Black Athlete trailer.

The speakers:

• Chris Archer, Tampa Bay Rays pitcher
  • Anquan Boldin, retired NFL wide receiver
  • James Harris, first African American to start at quarterback in the NFL (Buffalo, 1971)
  • Jemele Hill, ESPN/The Undefeated writer/columnist
  • Chiney Ogwumike, WNBA No. 1 Draft Pick in 2014
  • Jason Reid, The Undefeated senior NFL writer
  • A. C. Roper, current Birmingham, Ala., police chief
  • Benjamin Watson, Baltimore Ravens tight end
  • David Williams, Athletic Director, Vanderbilt University
The telecast will feature four primary segments – all focusing on the athletes and community leaders discussing the leadership role athletes play in the society, social justice and more.

Back
Top Bottom