Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
what kaep is sitting for has nothing to do with his athletic performance

those who want to detract will try to say it does

I remember Cam Newton saying things about being a black QB in the league and not having to conform to people's expectations of him as far as his on-field antics were concerned. Judging by the GQ interview and his most recent comments, it seems to me that someone got into his ear about it. I don't think he truly believes what he's saying on TV.

Ideally, I'd like to see football players forfeit the league for a season in protest; however, I understand it's a difficult thing to do because the NFL is the only important pro football league on the planet. LeBron could pull a Kaep and go get paid in China. Let's not ask these guys to give up their future earnings especially when we know that money goes further in enacting change than mere words.

There's a lot of NFL players living check to check so no way will they boycott the entire season but they could easily protest in a way like Kaep is and still get paid.

Ain't nobody asking guys to give up future earnings for words.

If Kaep comes back and starts killing a lot of people souls are gonna burn inside :lol:.

I used to slander Kaep but I need that to happen :lol:

This would be the ideal scenario. If he can revert back to the Kaep that was in the Super Bowl while continuing to do this, maaaaan :lol: :lol:

I been saying since the GQ interview I think people told Cam to basically conform. If that owner told him don't get tats and all that other stuff I wouldn't put it past him. Cam was not talking like this last year. Maybe all that criticism got to him. People picked him apart last year.

How much do you think Cam had at stake to lose (endorsement wise) if he did the same thing? I'm just trying to think from his perspective. Obviously this is a huge issue, but Cam had more to lose (financially) than Kap. I'm sure he's been coached in this as far as what to say, or not say.

You really think companies are going to snatch away Cam's endorsements if he delivered an eloquent response to police brutality against blacks and stood in solidarity with a fellow black NFL player?

That would be horrible PR for any brand that dropped him for doing that.

With the racial climate the way it is, he's not taking any risk standing up for an actual cause.

Last I checked, Bron/Melo/Wade/CP3 haven't lost any endorsements and they've been way more vocal and are more popular worldwide than Cam Newton.

I'm not talking about having a statement in support...I'm talking about an actual action like not acknowledging the anthem. He'd lose endorsements quicker than you could come up with a response to my post.

I'm not talking about having a statement in support...I'm talking about an actual action like not acknowledging the anthem. He'd lose endorsements quicker than you could come up with a response to my post.

Not after this, no he wouldn't.

I would bet everything on it.

I remember Cam Newton saying things about being a black QB in the league and not having to conform to people's expectations of him as far as his on-field antics were concerned. Judging by the GQ interview and his most recent comments, it seems to me that someone got into his ear about it. I don't think he truly believes what he's saying on TV.

I think this is exactly what happened. Someone got in his ear and told him about the potential ramifications ($) for speaking out.

Guys like Lebron, Wade, Melo, etc. ARE the league. For as great as Cam is, let's be real...if he falls, there will be another athlete that gets that same push. NFL is shape much different from the NBA.

Cam is definitely not saying what he really feels. I just think being crucified by the media for EVERYTHING finally got to him. If I had his type of money, I wouldn't give a @#%@ and would probably get it a lot worse. Probably would've had white racists sending me death threats daily :lol: but I can also see why he's afraid to speak his mind. It's easy for us to say he's a coward, but we also don't have the opportunity to set our future generations up for life like he does.

Last edited:

Not after this, no he wouldn't.

I would bet everything on it.

I disagree...UA, for example, has roots in MD and ties to Baltimore. Think about Cam, who is arguably the face of the company, speaking out against the police? There would be so much pressure to cut financial and endorsement ties with Cam. He'd be done.

How much do you think Cam had at stake to lose (endorsement wise) if he did the same thing? I'm just trying to think from his perspective. Obviously this is a huge issue, but Cam had more to lose (financially) than Kap. I'm sure he's been coached in this as far as what to say, or not say.

You really think companies are going to snatch away Cam's endorsements if he delivered an eloquent response to police brutality against blacks and stood in solidarity with a fellow black NFL player?

That would be horrible PR for any brand that dropped him for doing that.

With the racial climate the way it is, he's not taking any risk standing up for an actual cause.

Last I checked, Bron/Melo/Wade/CP3 haven't lost any endorsements and they've been way more vocal and are more popular worldwide than Cam Newton.

No he wouldn't. :lol: And if those companies did drop him they would be exposing themselves as racist.

Cam is straight whether it's on the field or money wise. Kaep has WAAAAYYY more to lose than Cam. Cam is not gonna lose his starting job or his contract if he made a statement or didn't stand.

Last edited:
We goin to look back 20 years from now and see Kap as a leader that he is :pimp:

They don't love black leaders and people who stand for us until they die [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Knew it was coming :lol:

Cam straight ****in

I've recently seen it talked about from a few sources and I have come to agree that I don't think we should refer to other black men and women as ***** or Toms in a public forum.

I think we should disagree with them respectfully while articulating our ideas. While we may think hes tap dancing that's for us to say between us.

We keep giving people ammo for the "look how yall treat your own" etc etc BS arguments.

That's just how I feel about it personally.

Ideally, I'd like to see football players forfeit the league for a season in protest; however, I understand it's a difficult thing to do because the NFL is the only important pro football league on the planet. LeBron could pull a Kaep and go get paid in China. Let's not ask these guys to give up their future earnings especially when we know that money goes further in enacting change than mere words.

There's a lot of NFL players living check to check so no way will they boycott the entire season but they could easily protest in a way like Kaep is and still get paid.

Ain't nobody asking guys to give up future earnings for words.

Go back and check out that article from the Nation about execs talking about blackballing Kaepernick. He is on a short leash, and he even acknowledged that he was financially prepared if the worst were to happen (getting cut and not getting on any NFL roster). That's the risk I'm talking about.

No he wouldn't. :lol: And if those companies did drop him they would be exposing themselves as racist.

Cam is straight whether it's on the field or money wise. Kaep has WAAAAYYY more to lose than Cam. Cam is not gonna lose his starting job or his contract if he made a statement or didn't stand.

JJs is my guy but yea I thoroughly disagree.

They don't love black leaders and people who stand for us until they die [emoji]128064[/emoji]
Knew it was coming :lol:
I've recently seen it talked about from a few sources and I have come to agree that I don't think we should refer to other black men and women as ***** or Toms in a public forum.

I think we should disagree with them respectfully while articulating our ideas. While we may think hes tap dancing that's for us to say between us.

We keep giving people ammo for the "look how yall treat your own" etc etc BS arguments.

That's just how I feel about it personally.

I understand where ur coming from but it is what it is. If you not helping us you're hurting us. That neutral riding the fence **** imo is turning your back on your people

Told all the dudes in the celebs wearing heat how overrated Cam is.

Get that tap dancer all da way outta here

JJs is my guy but yea I thoroughly disagree.

You guys are saying things that I didn't. Not once did I mention Cam's contract w/ the Panthers. I'm talking STRICTLY endorsements. This is a hot-button issue and the men with the $/power in the NFL have already spoken out against what Kap is doing. Can you imagine what the suits at a place like UA would think if Cam pulled the same thing? Think about it..there's a reason why he's not speaking out. There's a lot of money at stake for him to potentially lose. And I think that's what the message was to him and why he's been mum on the topic.

And you guys are straight trippin' if you think Kap has more to lose than Cam :lol:

Last edited:
athletes/celebs/entertainers all have that platform to take a stand but very few are willing to take the risk
not surprised by cam. the guy is probably at the peak of his career and is trying to avoid any type of backlash/crticism
it was the same with michael jordan and many athletes before him

Last edited:
Cam is definitely not saying what he really feels. I just think being crucified by the media for EVERYTHING finally got to him. If I had his type of money, I wouldn't give a @#%@ and would probably get it a lot worse. Probably would've had white racists sending me death threats daily :lol: but I can also see why he's afraid to speak his mind. It's easy for us to say he's a coward, but we also don't have the opportunity to set our future generations up for life like he does.

Feel the same way but we gotta realize it's easy for us to say when we don't have millions on the line feeding out fam etc :lol:

if not cam who?

who was the last black mvp?

if not now when?

if he was rookie they'd say he hasn't played a snap, if he gets too old then he's washed up anyway

Back
Top Bottom