Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't use US dollars.

Yep, financial failure at this point is the only way. When the recession was happening you rarely heard a peep about
race relations in America, even though they were always bad it just wasn't the hot bed issue. People were trying to
eat and take care of their families. But it has to be that times 10, or maybe nuclear war.

A lot of white people know about BTC and are the main ones pushing for it especially the 25-40 crowd.

This is a thread about blacks in America, you tryna further your cryptocurrency agenda without adding to the discussion.

Like I said, it would be a great way but it's impossible to get the majority of older black folks in this country to wrap their heads around BTC, wallets, encryption.

My dude is donating $1 mil? I love this guy.

Could you imagine if other athletes followed his lead and put up major money like that? And not to say that athletes don't do great things already, but I rarely hear about them donating millions.

My dude is donating $1 mil? I love this guy.

Could you imagine if other athletes followed his lead and put up major money like that? And not to say that athletes don't do great things already, but I rarely hear about them donating millions.

I can definitely see Bron/Melo/Wade/CP3 doing similar things during this upcoming NBA season.

We goin to look back 20 years from now and see Kap as a leader that he is :pimp:

Hopefully as the first modern black athlete who started a much bigger movement.

Not getting my hopes up though because too many of these guys have just as many tap dancing shoes as sneakers and cleats.

Last edited:
How much do you think Cam had at stake to lose (endorsement wise) if he did the same thing? I'm just trying to think from his perspective. Obviously this is a huge issue, but Cam had more to lose (financially) than Kap. I'm sure he's been coached in this as far as what to say, or not say.

How much do you think Cam had at stake to lose (endorsement wise) if he did the same thing? I'm just trying to think from his perspective. Obviously this is a huge issue, but Cam had more to lose (financially) than Kap. I'm sure he's been coached in this as far as what to say, or not say.

You really think companies are going to snatch away Cam's endorsements if he delivered an eloquent response to police brutality against blacks and stood in solidarity with a fellow black NFL player?

That would be horrible PR for any brand that dropped him for doing that.

With the racial climate the way it is, he's not taking any risk standing up for an actual cause.

Last I checked, Bron/Melo/Wade/CP3 haven't lost any endorsements and they've been way more vocal and are more popular worldwide than Cam Newton.

I don't think Cam is losing much if anything at all. He just got paid in Carolina too. 61 mil guaranteed. He's a fan favorite and people aren't letting him go. That's why he's a chump for what he's been saying the last few months. Letting us all down with that weak **** he spewing.

Cam soft as hell. Him and his fits.

How the hell you dance around some **** that no doubt effects you, as well as your community, when you have a platform as big as he has?

I appreciate what he does for the kids, but he weak in my eyes.

My thing with Cam is if you're not gonna be real about it don't say anything at all. He did his best "Can't we all just get along" act. I think he did that interview to show white folks he's in line. On some "I won't rock the boat like Colin".

Cam is a superstar now. He's the reason why people watch the Panthers and why they sell tickets. He wouldn't lose anything. Kaep already got the ball rolling so if Cam decided to speak up he wouldn't be out on a island by himself.

Last edited:
My thing with Cam is if you're not gonna be real about it don't say anything at all. He did his best "Can't we all just get along" act. I think he did that interview to show white folks he's in line. On some "I won't rock the boat like Colin".

Cam is a superstar now. He's the reason why people watch the Panthers and why they sell tickets. He wouldn't lose anything. Kaep already got the ball rolling so if Cam decided to speak up he wouldn't be out on a island by himself.

Exactly.

It also would've only legitimized the movement more because unlike Kaep, Cam has had nothing but success the past two years SB withstanding.

Since that's important for some of the weirdos out here.

But no, son gonna just continue to dab with white America.

To be honest, I'm not really that mad at Cam.

Am I "mad" at him? No I don't even know the man.

Did I lose respect for him as black man with his comments over the past couple weeks? Absolutely.

Still love him as an athlete on the field and he's one of my favorite players to watch in any sport but what Kaep is addressing is much bigger than all of that.

He likes to say that he wants to be an example to kids, do you know how many young black boys look up to Cam?

The example he would be setting by not even speaking up but just supporting the message would reverberate at a high level.

But he's blown that, so it's whatever.

Am I "mad" at him? No I don't even know the man.

Did I lose respect for him as black man with his comments over the past couple weeks? Absolutely.

Still love him as an athlete on the field and he's one of my favorite players to watch in any sport but what Kaep is addressing is much bigger than all of that.

He likes to say that he wants to be an example to kids, do you know how many young black boys look up to Cam?

The example he would be setting by not even speaking up but just supporting the message would reverberate at a high level.

But he's blown that, so it's whatever.

Well said, Sir.

Well said.

Last edited:
cam is playing the long game

he plays coy for now, towing the line

when the season is over and he has that ring then he'll let loose

cant have people on that "concentrate of football not black people" tip

If Kaep comes back and starts killing a lot of people souls are gonna burn inside :lol:.

I used to slander Kaep but I need that to happen :lol:

I remember Cam Newton saying things about being a black QB in the league and not having to conform to people's expectations of him as far as his on-field antics were concerned. Judging by the GQ interview and his most recent comments, it seems to me that someone got into his ear about it. I don't think he truly believes what he's saying on TV.

Ideally, I'd like to see football players forfeit the league for a season in protest; however, I understand it's a difficult thing to do because the NFL is the only important pro football league on the planet. LeBron could pull a Kaep and go get paid in China. Let's not ask these guys to give up their future earnings especially when we know that money goes further in enacting change than mere words.

Back
Top Bottom