Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
This dude didn't come in here is giving an alternate opinion. He came in here to antagonize folk. Peep his first couple post

If was only when there was blow back did he hop on this "you guys don't want to listen to different opinions"

Why not lead with an cogent argument instead of ********? Every troll in the history of NT, especially in threads regarding racism, have done the same thing.

My dudes are just tired of this nonsense for the 849588955786th time

It was so easy to see through

it already started yesterday b.
dude from the broncos was kneeling during the anthem.

we talking bout 9/11 though, 15 year anniversary of da World Trade Center attacks. these "raise awareness" types, betta be sure in their convictions, cuz if u gonna entertain da proposition of potential disrespecting da flag or being a provocateur on that day when people falling to their deaths in NY...well my friends, u got gall...and that back lash gonna be different type of temperature.

Last edited:
[thread="652983"]Yea that'll show them :rofl: [/thread]

200.gif

I dont know awyea or what his history has been on here but honestly he didnt say anything in this thread that wasnt true. All these protests, all these responses to recent events are gli g nowhere. Activism is disjointed, there is no leadership and none of it is really helping to facilitate actual change. Everyone talking about agreeinf/disagreeing with Kaepernick and buying jerseys but what are the goals here? Nothing is really changing. Yall wanna jump on his back and converse on the goings on with social media, who you're gonna block and how upset you are with so-and-so but what are you really accomplishing, what are you contributing? This stuff is going nowhere fast. Yall just proving his point calling him racist ect... yall dont wanna hear nothing else but agreements.
I agree with you, but Kaep is doing something
He just donated $60,000 to kids in NYC and pledged to donate all his jersey sales to needy kids
He is being a leader
I was wrong for doubting Kaep at the beginning because he sucks as a QB and was using this as excuse to not get cut, well he still sucks but he has a good heart
Guys like Kendrick Lamar, Vince Staples have invested in the communities they lived in, and I hope more people with the capital that they have can contribute the same type of effort to lessen the ill effects of poverty and give the kids more hope to be successful

Problem is that mainstream media doesn't really highlight those good works
All they show is minorities looking bad.

But I do agree that we should look for solutions to a problem instead of just doing the blame game and insulting each other

I agree, i support Kap 100%, and i hope more people join him. Im just saying its not the be all and end all to it. Its not enough. Its frustrating for me to see awareness raised every now and then only to have it fizzle out, have more cops kill folks in a few more months then rinse and repeat. I dont have all the answers, wish i did, but it seems obvious to me that all these gestures and bits of activism are really changing things on a national level. Seems like the lack of a unified plan, a consistent ongoing plan beyond the weeks and months after a klling is a key issue.

This dude didn't come in here is giving an alternate opinion. He came in here to antagonize folk. Peep his first couple post

If was only when there was blow back did he hop on this "you guys don't want to listen to different opinions"

Why not lead with an cogent argument instead of ********? Every troll in the history of NT, especially in threads regarding racism, have done the same thing.

My dudes are just tired of this nonsense for the 849588955786th time

It was so easy to see through

What exactly was ot that you guys saw? What was antagonizing, what was bs? Im seriously curious cause i didnt read it that way at all. What am i missing?

it already started yesterday b.
dude from the broncos was kneeling during the anthem.

we talking bout 9/11 though, 15 year anniversary of da World Trade Center attacks. these "raise awareness" types, betta be sure in their convictions, cuz if u gonna entertain da proposition of potential disrespecting da flag or being a provocateur on that day when people falling to their deaths in NY...well my friends, u got gall...and that back lash gonna be different type of temperature.

If there is one thing this country should have learnt from the aftermath of that tragedy, it should have been not to let your intellect give way to your emotions via overt displays of patriotism. Blind Patriotism gave us the Iraq war and the mess we're currently in in the Middle East. While we were looking toward the flag, singing the anthem loud and clear, political mercenaries came and plundered the surplus that was left by the Clinton administration. Blind Patriotism told us to keep shopping and that deficits don't matter. Thanks to patriotism, we got to see our privacy rights being encroached upon (Patriot Act).

that paragraph was nice it had a lot of words that sounded good

education, fiscal responsibility, family unit, all truly wonderful!

if only all black people were educated, fiscally responsible and had a family then we wouldnt even be talking about this
We most likely would not be brody.

Alas, I've said my piece. You guys take a knee

What exactly was ot that you guys saw? What was antagonizing, what was bs? Im seriously curious cause i didnt read it that way at all. What am i missing?
Edit: 

Short answer: they just don't like what I'm saying

Last edited:

They label me a troll because I easily shoot down and deflect circle jerk tactics of dominating a conversation that was never meant to be one.

I mean I get this is a sneaker forum where dudes obsess over getting a confirmation email from some website that they've already ordered 2 pairs of shoes from, but I thought it'd be interesting to see what regular dudes think about social stuff. And needless to say it's like 13th grade up in here.

Having the luxury of knowing first hand these dudes are completely wrong about the bigger picture is cool, but it's disappointing that they probably represent a growing number of dudes who are clueless on how to effectively move forward.

Not too different from certain guys from another culture that's struggling to adapt to a future with little empathy for their arrested development  

Perfect example on the anatomizing behavior. Dudes are wrong, you're right, and let me just make blanket BS statements about everyone.

This was your first couple post in here:

My mans is the goat rn, kaepernick jersey needs to be copped immediately :pimp:

Yeah a Kaep Jersey may need to be copped and framed if he keeps this up.

This is some clown **** right here

Oh the sit at your computer and type about your perspective in a one sided bias movement?

So you guys are being groupies to a guy who is piggybacking an ineffective social media campaign and I get called a groupie for calling out clown ****, got it 

Pretty sure dude stated we were looking for 3rd party merch

That's what I been doing :lol:
Oh cool, that makes it way better. You guys are true instruments of social change :rofl:  

What type of **** **** is this dude on ? :lol:

Foh I encourage all of y'all to find some Kaep merch I'll look for links and report back in here

Have fun in your new Kaep Clown gear dudes!

View media item 2151982

Mocking dudes for wanting to buy a jersey. I was able to voice my own misgivings about the jersey things without being condescending to anyone. Unlike you who mocked people, got laughed off, and doubled down on the buffoonery. And this was before we posted jersey of racist to mock you back. All you antics where being laughed offed mostly.

Threads regarding systemic oppression pop up all the time and it is always a mix of venting, anger, and suggestions for change. Some people agree, some disagree, people argue, but those discussions happen.

Maybe next time don't come riding into the thread on your high horse, and you'll get a better welcome

Last edited:
Education
Fiscal Responsibility
Elevating the family unit

The trinity of communal success. It's not some hidden secret, and it has nothing to do with "respectability politics". Protest all you want, letting people know injustice has taken place is important; but when your done it's time to handle business- So we can combat the prejudice and stereotyping that grips this nation and makes things harder from the baseline, when they shouldn't be. @FrankMatthews
 thanks for seeing the points I've been laboring to make

I can only conclude two scenarios from what you are saying.

The first scenario is that you are white and you have made zero good faith effort to understand the persons of color about whom you speak.

If that is the case, it may surprise you to know that black folks try very hard to obtain all three of these things but they are difficult to obtain when the American State is actively thwarting those efforts.

The other scenario is that you are a person of color who is totally unacquainted with white people.

If that is the case, let me remind you that most white habits are the result of wealth and not some preternatural degree of self discipline. Among white people, we see college degrees, savings accounts and the traditional Victorian family unit correlating very closely with income and wealth.

Despite what David Brooks may have told you, economic circumstances influence habits, not vice verse. We see poor whites struggling in their pursuit of higher education, capital accumulation and the wife-house-kids style family. The American state is a marginal ally for poor white communities but lack of resources hold back most poor whites.

If poor white folks rarely make it, consider the lot of poor black folks who are encumbered by an even more acute lack of resources and they are also subjected to regular and repeated and state sponsored plunder of their bodies, their labor and the little bit of capital that they do accumulate.

Last edited:
Look at these posts :lol:

Straight up ***** made.

So it's alright to buy merch in support of his athletic endeavors but when he does something noble like this it's "clown ****" to show love :rolleyes ?
either way you're dickriding a sorry QB. Clown **** either way doggy

Not following your own advice from the "Thousands Of Black People Have Opened New Accounts At Black-Owned Citizens Trust Bank" thread?

Also if black folks want to watch each other succeed then we need check the monkey games ridicule of someone you don't agree with

>D

That awyea guy has a very familiar posting scheme

I'm trying to figure out which banned member's back up account this is.

is bl0c still active?

-Same posting format as the people who do that in political threads
-Usually always have a low post count
-came in here mocking and laughing at people supporting kaep

Go ahead and keep agreeing with him though bro

Last edited:
Ok.

I do personally think wearing some dudes football jersey as a sign of protesting social injustice is silly.

Initially I was poking fun, clowning around. I wouldn't consider comedic ridicule as trolling though, and other dudes were posting humorous stuff/memes also.

But when I started reading the clear hate many dudes in here have for white people specifically; I changed my tone, and I gotta implore you guys that's not the way to go.

You can style it however you want but blanketing all white people in with bigots who exist in every culture is completely buying into what bigots want; which is animosity between races.

The notion of saying racism is a "white only" problem is narrow minded. But I get that this is a Colin Kaepernik thread, so maybe thats who you guys only want to focus on and how much you like what he's doing right now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom