Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can only conclude two scenarios from what you are saying.

The first scenario is that you are white and you have made zero good faith effort to understand the persons of color about whom you speak.

The other scenario is that you are a person of color who is totally unacquainted with white people.

First of all, I'm not an old banned member so let's squash that.

Speaking truthfully, and although they were decidedly backhanded, both of your scenarios are false.

I'm glad you brought up poor whites because poor people in America in general are losing and they're losing hard. A couple factors could be misinformation from their surrounding environment as well as acute distractions that are the product of the technological age we live in. I don't have a panacea for that. Anything more I could say would come off as callous or judgey

Last edited:

Ok.

I do personally think wearing some dudes football jersey as a sign of protesting social injustice is silly.

Initially I was poking fun, clowning around. I wouldn't consider comedic ridicule as trolling though, and other dudes were posting humorous stuff/memes also.

But when I started reading the clear hate many dudes in here have for white people specifically; I changed my tone, and I gotta implore you guys that's not the way to go.

You can style it however you want but blanketing all white people in with bigots who exist in every culture is completely buying into what bigots want; which is animosity between races.

The notion of saying racism is a "white only" problem is narrow minded. But I get that this is a Colin Kaepernik thread, so maybe thats who you guys only want to focus on and how much you like what he's doing right now
Racism is primarily a white problem. Not that whites are the only ones practicing racism but white supremacy is at the core of all of it. The conflict between the DR and Haiti for example is a product of white supremacy. White people have effectively brainwashed the world into thinking a lighter skin = superior. Acknowledging those issues is not an attack on white people (I am white), it is an attack on racist white people. 

Last edited:

Why do they even make athletes pay attention to the National anthem. I don't start every work day at the hospital with my hand over my heart. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 wouldn't it be hilarious tho? a whole Burger King's worth of workers all lined up by the register, visors in hand, as the anthem plays over the music system.

I'm freelance so I'd look like a real ******* rolling into Starbucks for breakfast, signing into the Wi-Fi, and playing it on YouTube while standing solemnly before my laptop in advance of checking my email and ****.

Last edited:

Racism is primarily a white problem. Not that whites are the only ones practicing racism but white supremacy is at the core of all of it. The conflict between the DR and Haitia for example is a product of white supremacy. White people have effectively brainwashed the world into thinking a lighter skin = superior. Acknowledging those issues is not an attack on white people (I am white), it is an attack on racist white people. 
Fair enough, since you're a european white guy we'll give you the final say. I'll not get into xenophobia and how that plays internationally- but this is more interesting.

I'd like to know, from your point of view, how white society can combat racism that according to you and many people here is their sole problem

Last edited:

Fair enough, since you're a european white guy we'll give you the final say. I'll not get into xenophobia and how that plays internationally- but this is more interesting.

I'd like to know, from your point of view, how white society can combat racism that according to you and many people here is their sole problem
Education. Many white people are woefully ignorant of racism, deliberately or unwillingly. Attempting to educate other white people can be frustrating because it often leads nowhere. Public education isn't gonna teach them, at least not the way it is set up now. The system of white supremacy also benefits from keeping white people ignorant of racism. 

I think our very close surroundings are the best bet for progress, the ones you can actually have productive discussions with and hold some degree of influence over. Those of us who want to help must make sure we pass our values onto our kids and steer them on the right path. I don't think we'll see major progress in our lifetimes but with a lot of small steps we can at least work towards it.

You can't begin to fix a problem with people who don't know there is a problem in the first place, or don't understand what exactly it entails and how it affects society.

Last edited:
Ok.

I do personally think wearing some dudes football jersey as a sign of protesting social injustice is silly.

Initially I was poking fun, clowning around. I wouldn't consider comedic ridicule as trolling though, and other dudes were posting humorous stuff/memes also.

But when I started reading the clear hate many dudes in here have for white people specifically; I changed my tone, and I gotta implore you guys that's not the way to go.

You can style it however you want but blanketing all white people in with bigots who exist in every culture is completely buying into what bigots want; which is animosity between races.

The notion of saying racism is a "white only" problem is narrow minded. But I get that this is a Colin Kaepernik thread, so maybe thats who you guys only want to focus on and how much you like what he's doing right now

Racism is a white only problem.

Black people don't hate white people. We hate racist, and white supremacy, and the institutional racist system that white people benefit from, and minorities lose from. If you rock with that, we don't rock with you. Simple.

There is a striking majority of white people that buy into white surepmacist ideals and fallacies. It is on them to correct that. The burden is not on us, because we are calling out racism and injustice. Nah. We are doing our part. It's on white people to stop the system of injustice. We didn't create it, we don't benefit from it.

It's not some, "WE ALL NEED TO COME TOGETHER BS". Nope. It's "we need to stop racism, its system, and the effect that it has on minorities". Tht starts with white people.

Man if you gotta tell somebody "hey treat me as an equal" it's a wrap :smh: never gonna happen IMO. You relying on a persons kindness at that point and history has shown you ain't no kindness in these people. That would literally be "stupid" for them to do.

The US stands on racism, racism literally makes the "world go 'round" in a way. Best thing black folk can do is try to educate each one and learn some sense of unity. Group economics, black businesses.

Education. Many white people are woefully ignorant of racism, deliberately or unwillingly. Attempting to educate other white people can be frustrating because it often leads nowhere. Public education isn't gonna teach them, at least not the way it is set up now. The system of white supremacy also benefits from keeping white people ignorant of racism. 

I think our very close surroundings are the best bet for progress, the ones you can actually have productive discussions with and hold some degree of influence over. Those of us who want to help must make sure we pass our values onto our kids and steer them on the right path. I don't think we'll see major progress in our lifetimes but with a lot of small steps we can at least work towards it.

You can't begin to fix a problem with people who don't know there is a problem in the first place, or don't understand what exactly it entails and how it affects society.
Racism is a white only problem.

Black people don't hate white people. We hate racist, and white supremacy, and the institutional racist system that white people benefit from, and minorities lose from. If you rock with that, we don't rock with you. Simple.

There is a striking majority of white people that buy into white surepmacist ideals and fallacies. It is on them to correct that. The burden is not on us, because we are calling out racism and injustice. Nah. We are doing our part. It's on white people to stop the system of injustice. We didn't create it, we don't benefit from it.

It's not some, "WE ALL NEED TO COME TOGETHER BS". Nope. It's "we need to stop racism, its system, and the effect that it has on minorities". Tht starts with white people.
I don't not agree with you guy's points.

So I think it's been established here in this thread that racism, "is a problem white people need to take care of." 

There was a guy in this thread who specifically said he has "avoided white people for years". What about these people who aren't white, but have allowed racism affect their concept of other races? For instance, Asians who dislike hispanics and vice versa? Based on what's been posted in this thread, you guys wouldn't call them racist; but then what do you call that kind of antipathy

do all white people benefit from white supremacy in some form yes or no?

this not all white people argument is so tired
You've been regularly implying that the doufy white guy leaving his house wearing sketchers slip ons to take his jack russell for a walk in between watching league of legends on twitch is actively implicit in the oppression of people of color

you call it what you called it - bigotry

but it all falls under white supremacy

there is a hiearchy that makes people that aren't white want to be white

and so they subscribe to white people supremacy in hopes of being better than others

Everyone can be and there are racist people of every shape and color. I know plenty of Mexicans that hate black people and vice versa. I've had black people who have been racist towards me.
It's just white people are at the top. It's more of a people problem. If blacks were at the top and white were a minority it would be the samething just everything switched up. We live in a flawed world. Racism will always exist.

Last edited:
only white people can practice racism

racism is derived from power, the social power that comes from white supremacy

other races being prejudiced against each other is just that - prejudice, or bigotry

but it is not racism

I don't not agree with you guy's points.

So I think it's been established here in this thread that racism, "is a problem white people need to take care of." 

There was a guy in this thread who specifically said he has "avoided white people for years". What about these people who aren't white, but have allowed racism affect their concept of other races? For instance, Asians who dislike hispanics and vice versa? Based on what's been posted in this thread, you guys wouldn't call them racist; but then what do you call that kind of antipathy

Umm...we call them out ALL THE TIME. Hell, we've called out BLACK PEOPLE in this very thread, spouting off racist talking points from white surepamcy. Half of this thread is us clowning dudes like Jerry Rice and them :lol:.

Bigotry can be of any race, culture etc. You must be new to NT man. The DR/Haiti thread. Hell, there was a thread with a racist Asian dude on a train against a white American dude on a train. We call it out all the time.

We are speaking specifically on white supremacy in THIS country...and Colin Kaepernick taking a stand to it. Stop trying to deflect.

Last edited:
Man if you gotta tell somebody "hey treat me as an equal" it's a wrap
mean.gif
never gonna happen IMO. You relying on a persons kindness at that point and history has shown you ain't no kindness in these people. That would literally be "stupid" for them to do.

The US stands on racism, racism literally makes the "world go 'round" in a way. Best thing black folk can do is try to educate each one and learn some sense of unity. Group economics, black businesses.
like, think about it...what motivation would there ever be to voluntarily relinquish a privilege you enjoy? you won the genetic lottery--maybe not the jackpot, but a nice little check--and are just gonna up and give all your winnings to charity? not bloody likely.

like, think about it...what motivation would there ever be to voluntarily relinquish a privilege you enjoy? you won the genetic lottery--maybe not the jackpot, but a nice little check--and are just gonna up and give all your winnings to charity? not bloody likely.

100% facts. Once black ppl all realize this we'll be that much better off

FIXED

Blacks can be racist too prejudiced/bigoted

fixed

Yup.

And if you do want to say "Black people are racist too"

Let's break it down... Black being racist is name calling or jokes. White people being racist is police brutality, unfair court system, making up laws, miseducation, gentrification, denying jobs.

So even you want to play that "Black are racist too" game it ain't the same.

Funny thing is the "only whites can be racists types" will not hesitate to call an Asian, or other non-white groups racist if they did something racist.

I ain't never heard anyone say, that bigoted Asian when they call a black person the nword. :lol:

Same way how you say name calling is racist. People don't don't know what real racism is.

Ok.

:lol: Ain't seen someone switch up their flow so quick since Drake discovered Quentin Miller. And editing your last condescending post :lol:

Same way how you say name calling is racist. People don't don't know what real racism is.
I think there's various degrees of racism. Racism is racism at the end of the day. The difference is only white people can turn that racism into systematic mass scale oppression. So while a person of color can still be racist, it pales in comparison to a white person engaging in racism. Because white racism directly feeds the global system of oppression; white supremacy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom