College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

earl said he was gonna stay in the beginning of the year i like that he kept his word

and i cant call cavataio a bum just yet i mean in his limited time he showed good fundamentals and a pretty good rebounder at the shooting guard position

he never really had a chance to begin with

edit with ford's departure jon mitchell's list now includes rutgers
alien.gif
, seton hall and st johns

all this according to !%@# weiss that mitchell will be in the big east next year

hopefully its in queens
nerd.gif

I'd put money on Rutgers (intended pun)...with Mike Cobourn and the Mt. Vernon connection there

yea it would make the most sense in every way possible

i highly doubt we get this kid especially with another 2 players leaving st johns pushing the transfer count up to i believe 10

Chris Lowe was at Umass too though...so maybe that connection isn't that important to him...who knows.

He'd def get his chance to play at SHU and still be surrounded by some talent...not sure SJU can say that right now

i guess tyreke evans is going to memphis. they should be good next year but is he good enough to take them all the way?

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i guess tyreke evans is going to memphis. they should be good next year but is he good enough to take them all the way?

Not a chance.

They're gona be wayyyy to young....plus he's overrated and will have to play a lot of point

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

A healthy Zoubek (trash), Plummee and Lance will occupy the big man position...
This run and gun offense is coo if you got a true big man who can keep up, ala Amare, but look at the bigs K has? A healthy Zoubek is worse than a hurt Tyler Hansbroad. And Lance is a 6'7 power forward who won't grab more than 10 rebounds ever in a game. Where the mobile big men who can rebound at?

I dunno bruh....I dunno....

I think Kyle can still do damage though....We just need more big men....For some reason, we keep striking out.....
indifferent.gif

Good decision for Earl to stay at school... He's going to benefit a lot from staying another year, both on the court and in his wallet.

Wow UCLA is *$+%#* next year.

Learned that Mbah a Moute is leaving as well
laugh.gif

They are losing their entire starting 5, their backup PF (Aboya) and C (Mata)

And Im willing to bet that Dragovic is gonna leave and go back to europe...that would put the total to 8
laugh.gif

Billy Gillispie has called for a press conference at 10 a.m. today.
confused01.gif

i wonder if it has something to do with the Derrick Jasper transfering rumors.

i don't know man...maybe cuz we're recruiting a gang of gaurds?? i have no idea...but he would be a junior next year and should start.

we really missed him a lot last year when he was injured, we were so much better with him on the floor. i love having a 6'6" point gaurd.

haven't heard anything about that either way.

i'm nervous about this presser. a transfer is the only thing i can think of...there shouldn't be any news to report. Ford's going to OSU,Patterson and Meeks both had surgery last week, and Galloway just signed yesterday.

i'm nervous about this presser. a transfer is the only thing i can think of
Coaches don't usually have pressers for transfers. In fact, they don't like to comment much on it and would rather keep it as low key aspossible (bad press).

Malta now that we know that Wiggins has been released from his scholly you got any more news about the Huskies?
Calhoun put the muzzle on them ever since it got let out early that Wiggins was transferring. Word is still mum about Curtis Kelly. I even askeddude what the deal was last friday and he was hush hush when normally he would freely talk to me about his frustration with his role on the squad. The thingis, he still show his face around campus while Dougie ain't been seen hangin' out on the weekends in like a month so I don't know if that's asign or not.

Either way, Curtis is a bum and his decision ain't really affectin' the squad.

Originally Posted by bballah3

I believe that he is looking to make a team with a 2nd round pick...and then if it doesn't work out he is heading to Europe.

He already has several Euro league teams that are willing to pay him some big $$$

That is a good look. Everyone wants to go the the NBA but if he can go to a Euro league and get paid he should do it.

At a news conference today, Gillispie addressed rumors that Jasper is considering a transfer. Gillispie said "nothing has been determined."

"He's a little homesick right now," Gillispie said. "He hasn't made any kind of decision, but
we definitely need him over here. We want him. I think he'll be a leader for our team. I think he's going to be an All-Southeastern Conference-type player next year if he can maintain his health, and we definitely don't need to lose him."
he was also asked about the OSU job and said that he wouldn't have answered the phone. just discussed Meeks and Patterson'sinjuries/surgeries, Galloway signing, and that Mike Williams may transfer (thank God.)

yawn.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Wow UCLA is *$+%#* next year.

Learned that Mbah a Moute is leaving as well
laugh.gif

They are losing their entire starting 5, their backup PF (Aboya) and C (Mata)

And Im willing to bet that Dragovic is gonna leave and go back to europe...that would put the total to 8
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Pac 10 is gona be awfullllll

Back
Top Bottom