College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Brandon and Darrell are announcing today at 3:30 what there plans are....no surprise Brandon is leaving and Darrell is putting his name in the hat but notsigning with an agent.

Pac 10 is gona be awfullllll
It was good while it lasted
laugh.gif
USC/ASU is lookin' likethe cream of the crop in the Pac-10 for next year
sick.gif

Brandon and Darrell are announcing today at 3:30 what there plans are....no surprise Brandon is leaving and Darrell is putting his name in the hat but not signing with an agent.
that everyone of consequence on that team save for sherron and cole need to make a run for the money while it's there.

arthur's a lottery pick no matter what year he declares as long as he keeps his play solid but rush and miracle are never going to have a higher draft stock.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Luc and RW are putting there names in but with no agent.

So is Kevin....RW is as good as gone...and I believe so is Luc...but if Luc doesnt make the NBA cut he is going back to Cameroon along with Aboya.

In the words of one of the players leaving: "This is what happens when everyone hates the coach"

Edit: And I guess Shipp wont be a the the press conference today. When they approached him yesterday about the press conference he told the UCLA SID "Go%@@% Yourself"....I guess the word is he wants to do his own press conference?

Originally Posted by bballah3

Luc and RW are putting there names in but with no agent.

So is Kevin....RW is as good as gone...and I believe so is Luc...but if Luc doesnt make the NBA cut he is going back to Cameroon along with Aboya.

In the words of one of the players leaving: "This is what happens when everyone hates the coach"

Edit: And I guess Shipp wont be a the the press conference today. When they approached him yesterday about the press conference he told the UCLA SID "Go %@@% Yourself"....I guess the word is he wants to do his own press conference?

Since when does Josh Shipp deserve his own press conference???? Does he not realize who he is????

And UCLA is gonna be
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
next year.....GAD DAMN!!!!

I no BH is a hard noise type coach but whats the hate for Bballah?

someone of the players leaving early is not a surprise. its just that with the season shipp and luc have they have no bizz leaving.

I no BH is a hard noise type coach but whats the hate for Bballah?

someone of the players leaving early is not a surprise. its just that with the season shipp and luc have they have no bizz leaving.
Well Luc has backed out of the 2 o'clock press conference. Seems like ucla is catering to the players and giving each his own press conference.Just gonna be RW today

that makes more sense and looks better than all the players having one press conference and then shipp, a virtual nobody compared to wesbtrook, love andcollison, getting his own

Sosa not going anywhere
If you've been on U of L message boards or listened to talk radio in the past few days, you probably heard the rumors that Edgar Sosa was going to transfer.

I'm not sure how this got started. It appears to stem from some cryptic comments that Rick Pitino made on his postgame radio show after the North Carolina game that some fans apparently interpreted as being about Sosa. I was covering the game, so I have not heard what Pitino said that night on the radio.

Anyway, I called Edgar's brother, Erick Sosa, tonight to see if I could finally put this rumor to rest. Erick sounded surprised to hear what was being said about his brother.

"Edgar's not going anywhere," Erick said. "That's not true."

I asked him if Edgar was happy at U of L.

"Yeah, he just had a tough year this year," Erick said. "But he's not going to run away from it after a tough year."

So there you go.

niiiiice....I was jus talkin to my roommates bout this like 2 days ago...we know Caracter's decision making is still suspect, but if him, Clark, and Sosahad stayed next year with Samuels they could have really been a problem...Big Boy's still leavin but Clark and Sosa comin back is a good look...

There's a slim chance that Willie Warren might not be at Oklahoma next year...I've been hearing a couple of rumors that he was involved in the jumping(30+ people) of 2 kids in North Crowley. The "fight" was videotaped, and it's shown on the link that's right under this. With the recent 8girls/Myspace beating thing, it should be interesting to see how this one turns out....Possible jail time if he was indeed involved?

http://cbs11tv.com/local/attackers.record.beating.2.700707.html

This is all just speculation (that Warren was involved), but his name has been popping up as the basketball player that's mentioned in the story. Somefolks on OU message boards were talking about it before it was even reported on the news, and it seems like some of them have heard that Warren was involved aswell.

And I almost %#+% my pants when I found out that Earl Clark is coming back to Louisville. I thought for sure he'd be gone.

Damn...if Rio and Darrell would come back, we could do it all over again. Darrell wants to go in the top half of the first round or he'll seriouslyconsider coming back.

^^^ I wonder what that fight was about theirs no way that 3 cars full of dudes just randomly show up and Jump 2 kids for no reason at all

Originally Posted by allen3xis

"This is what happens when everyone hates the coach"
Interesting.
laugh.gif

Definitely interesting to hear...

Bballah... anything specifically they dislike about him?

Howland's been known to be a control freak, but what don't they like about him?

Is it his Style of coaching? his offense? personality?

So earl is def coming back???? I heard that this stuff about him being in classes is a lie, i know 2 guys that have class with him.

Say it ain't so, Willie...
smh.gif

All you hear about dude is what a damn good kid he is, and I've never heard anybody say anything negative about him or his attitude... Hopefully thisisn't the case. It'd be a damn shame to see him throw his scholarship away over something this damn stupid... Here's hoping the rumors of him beinginvolved are 100% false.

With Sosa and Clark back we are going to have a good year. I hope that the freshmen play up to the hype.

Lets go Louisville!

wildkycat or any of you guys down in louisville/kentucky can you tell me if it is true that melquan bolding is being backed out of lousiville and becoming ison the market again

i read on a couple of st johns boards that with clark coming back pitino is trying to convince bolding to walk on and use his scholarship on a front courtplayer

if there is any truth to this and bolding is back on the market this could be good news for st johns since his final 2 were st johsn and lousiville and theredstorm is goign to be weak at the 2 guard next year

personally i think paris horne is gonna have a break out year especially with the minutes it looks like he's gonna get

and if rob thomas is healthy he is an absolute scoring machine...but the problem is hes not 100% in shape yet and a bit on the chunky side
but he could shoot from 17 and in, has great body control in the post and could take it off the dribble

edit

i just read on a st johns board that we have another transfer

and this being the only kid on the team that can shoot and score

larry wright.......the best shooter on the team is now leaving

how wonderful

god we are gonna be pathetic next year...we now have literally nobody that can shoot
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

wildkycat or any of you guys down in louisville/kentucky can you tell me if it is true that melquan bolding is being backed out of lousiville and becoming is on the market again

i read on a couple of st johns boards that with clark coming back pitino is trying to convince bolding to walk on and use his scholarship on a front court player

i haven't heard anything at all, but that's kinda interesting...but those types of scholarships situations always seem to "work"themselves out.

Back
Top Bottom