College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by allen3xis

CJ Giles to enter (what a waste)

Jerel McNeal to test the waters

Tyrese Rice coming back to school

Tyrese is going to be the best guard in the ACC this season EASY

CJ Giles to enter (what a waste)

Jerel McNeal to test the waters

Tyrese Rice coming back to school

You already know what it is allen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tyrese is going to be the best guard in the ACC this season EASY

laugh.gif
He was the best guard in the Conference last year, so him being the best guard ACC next year shouldn't really be news to anyone...

He's gona put up some
sick.gif
numbers next season definitely....the teamshould be better too

(Singletary would still be my pick for this past year as far as who's best)

He's gona put up some
sick.gif
numbers next season definitely....the team should be better too

ONLY argument worthy is SS....

So, I back up a little on my statement about him being the best last year. He still wasin my eyes (PAUSE).....

Only reason I give 'Rese the nod....is b/c his team overall/talent wise was worse that UVA....
sick.gif
sick.gif

Yeah Tyrese about gave me a heart attack hitting like 6 three balls in the first half of our game against them this year...
smh.gif

A lot of speculation going around the premium board but they are saying 2 of the 3 are coming back and one will test the waters. An announcement will be madeon Friday and it looks like Ty might be the one testing the waters. However this is a lot of optimism that all three will be back next season, so whoever istesting the waters might not go pro.

With that being said... the more PG's that enter the draft the better (for UNC having Ty come back).

Apparently Chalmers has a press conference today....
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/apr/23/chalmers_hold_2_pm_press_conference/
And DJ is announcing for draft and hiring an agent.
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews...augustin-to-enter-nba-draft-will-hire-an.html

Yup, 'Rio is announcing today at 2. Probably gonna test the waters, which he should do.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

can somebody please tell me who the hell is CJ Giles. i've literally never heard of him before
use to play at kansas transfered they got kicked out of Oregon state.
roll.gif

D.J. Augustin is in the draft
Robert Dozier and Antonio Anderson are in the draft but no agent

Mario Chalmers is declaring for the NBA draft but not hiring an agent. He said he would be back to lead us to a second consecutive national title if itdoesn't work out. Self's NBA contacts informed him that he'll probably go between 25-35th pick.

I think he'll be back.

nothing but a minor stain on the legacy of kansas.

worthless.

on rio, he needs to go.

he's going to have to have a phenomenal statistical season to get his draft stock any higher than it already is.

most likely he'll be putting up around the 13 and 4 he's been producing tho.

He's gona put up some
sick.gif
numbers next season definitely....the team should be better too

I honestly felt bad for SS this yr... He's DAMN good, better than I anticipated him being when he first arrived on campus
pimp.gif

this draft looks like a lot of good players and a couple studs.
but I see a lot of these guys coming back to school, still.

BOSTON (AP)-The University of Massachusetts has agreed to hire Memphis assistant and former Minuteman player Derek Kellogg as the new basketball coach, TheAssociated Press learned Tuesday.

CJ is literally the dumbest person I have ever met. I mean this guy, all he had to do was spend a couple productive seasons at KU and he would have beendrafted by some NBA team...what does he do? He gets kicked out of KU for being a idiot and then gets "dismissed" from Oregon State. What a waste oftalent.

Take away all the dumb **** he did dude was a real chill guy to kick it with.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Read that Shamari Spears is transferring out of BC and to UNC-Charlotte.

Well, maybe forget about Rice having more help then...he's a decent player .

Al Skinner needs to find some more diamonds in the rough, cause that talent there is
sick.gif
sick.gif

Word is that it's Hansbum, not Ty testing the NBA waters. Doesn't really matter, regardless of what year he comes out he's gonna end up beingdrafted in the same spot anyways.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Read that Shamari Spears is transferring out of BC and to UNC-Charlotte.

sick.gif

My dude 'Rese is gonna have to put up 35 a game to get BC to 14 wins.....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Abrams needs to stay. I've never been sold on his NBA potential at all. He's just an even smaller version of Eddie House but not even as good.

DJ isn't hiring an agent. Decided to keep his options open in case of injury or some other issue popping up...

Abrams is wasting his time. He probably wouldn't even get drafted.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

doesnt list any schools though, dude just couldnt put it together here to get some serious PT
Dude just doesn't have "IT". Like I said before, not having him doesn't change the dynamics of the team.

He should have never went to UConn in the first place. 'Cuse was looking at him too. At least he'd have gone to a better school.

As I said to my homeboy on facebook :dd

Anderson is going second round...

Abrams is going undrafted....Dude is like 6'1 and can't run pg. He's not Monta Ellis or Jerryd Bayless. Might as well stay in school, try to breaksome records, then go to Europe.

Dozier prolly go late1st....Maybe early 2nd? Depends on his workouts and **+$. He has great workouts then he could go a little higher.And you know he hascharacter issues from when he got in trouble at memphis. That ALWAYS drops you unless you're like a top 5 pick. Don't know why he leaving though.

DJ....Best PG in the draft not named Derrick Rose or Jamont Gordon (
tongue.gif
). He'll prolly be a late lotto pick. Hes nasty.

'Rio chalmers??? He's prolly in that 20-25 range...

Back
Top Bottom