College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

He was not quoted on cutting his top 3, so I'll wait to see it...

Everyone is saying World Wide Wes is about to get involved and that will = Memphis.

I'd be shocked if Sidney and Lance meant that...seemed to be that Lance was just gona be out in LA...and people mistook something he said. I really doubtthere's any substance to it.

I have a feeling the UAB coach will be coaching St. John's next year. I haven't followed UAB at all nor watched their games, but this guy is recruitinglike hell at UAB. If he can get players there, he will get stars here in Queens.

UAB coach is Mike Davis, coached at Indiana before Sampson. Davis can recruit well especially kids from Bama which is his home state.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Everyone is saying World Wide Wes is about to get involved and that will = Memphis.

I'd be shocked if Sidney and Lance meant that...seemed to be that Lance was just gona be out in LA...and people mistook something he said. I really doubt there's any substance to it.

it came from people close to lance

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'd be shocked if Sidney and Lance meant that...seemed to be that Lance was just gona be out in LA...and people mistook something he said. I really doubt there's any substance to it.

it came from people close to lance

this is the article that the news was being quoted from... http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/227208/

the part about cutting it down to 3 schools came from Lance Sr., his father, not the recruit himself
STEPHENSON CUTS HOGS

Arkansas' basketball team is no longer in the running for New York City combination guard Lance Stephenson, who's considered one of the top prospects in the 2009 class. Stephenson's father, Lance Sr., said Wednesday night that he and his son have narrowed his list of prospective schools to Southern Cal, UCLA and Kansas. The elder Stephenson said in April that Arkansas was in his son's top five, but that was after Lance played in the Real Deal on the Hill tournament in Fayetteville.

UCLA in play for a couple of players that want to go to school as package deals
Sidney and Lance
Avery Bradley and Abdul Gaddy
it's interesting Lance has an offer from Howland... not a typical Howland player...
Sidney isn't either... heard he had grade problems and a lot of people know he's transferred to several schools...
I'll be interested to see if its true that Sidney and Lance are a true package deal especially since Kansas doesn't seem to be recruiting Sidney, butLance apparently has them in his final 3 schools...

heard Bradley has an offer from UCLA... interested to see if they go after Gaddy now, especially when UCLA got Jerime Anderson and Malcolm Lee for thisupcoming class...

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

UCLA in play for a couple of players that want to go to school as package deals
Sidney and Lance
Avery Bradley and Abdul Gaddy
it's interesting Lance has an offer from Howland... not a typical Howland player...
Sidney isn't either... heard he had grade problems and a lot of people know he's transferred to several schools...
I'll be interested to see if its true that Sidney and Lance are a true package deal especially since Kansas doesn't seem to be recruiting Sidney, but Lance apparently has them in his final 3 schools...

heard Bradley has an offer from UCLA... interested to see if they go after Gaddy now, especially when UCLA got Jerime Anderson and Malcolm Lee for this upcoming class...

Im pretty shocked my self we gave lance a offer.

Sidney is not a howland type player either but the fact that its a top 5 talent in UCLA own back yard has played a huge role in UCLA looking at sidney plus iguess his father claimed his act down so they have had good convos with sidney and his family so are looking at him.

not sure if they offer gaddy they had been going after Elijah Johnson but they still havent seen his grades yet.

and Malcolm Lee is the goods.
pimp.gif

how is lee the goods?? i honestly think hes a mid major player, and the kid that just signed with zona kyle fogg is much better

JA will have a great career, and is the funniest dude to play against, especially on the aau circuit lol

dude always crackin joked on jrue

He is like 6'5 and still growing at this point. can get his own shot and has played PG and SG so has ball handling skills. he just fits the UCLA systemprefect on both defense and offense.

You still going to USC this year?

I have a few schools im interested in attending...gtown,oregon,minn,marq,uk...

ucla really is loaded this yr, i could see them winning it all easily especially with whats going on at unc

If UCLA makes the Final 4 again, scratch that...Elite 8...consider me shocked.

Too young.

I don't see Stephenson headin to the west coast. Just don't. New York cats be gettin homesick to much. Nothing beats the city.

how?? look at that roster??

returning:shipp,roll,keefe,dc,LR and aboya

coming in:JMo,lee,JA,Jholi and gordon....and alex is def going there....and he can play right away

thats prob the best 12 deep in college bball

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

how?? look at that roster??

returning:shipp,roll,keefe,dc,LR and aboya

coming in:JMo,lee,JA,Jholi and gordon....and alex is def going there....and he can play right away

thats prob the best 12 deep in college bball

Outside of Collison those returning players do little for me. All were disappointments, and to be honest, trash this past year.

Just throwin one team out there...Uconn's talent >> That. IMO.

I think Uconn is a final 4 team as well...

UCLA will be more rounded out this yr, better balanced

that class coming in is niceeeee

Even though this will not happen what could happen and will be great for me is if The Ville starts to recruit Lance and move him to the two get Sidney and wealready have Siva at the point. That will be a great class just think
PG Peyton Siva
PF Rakeem Buckles
SG Mike Marra
SG Lance Stephenson
PF Renardo Sidney

What a hell of a class but it will not happen

Originally Posted by The Lowa

I don't know about this but USC would be a good look for both Sidney and Lance
yes and no.

if they want to do the whole turn a program around in a year then ya. no cause they would go wild at SC
laugh.gif

ucla really is loaded this yr, i could see them winning it all easily especially with whats going on at unc

Georgetown > All of those places

If you can shoot...you'll see the floor...and a degree from Georgetown > Those Other Places

I'm going to see Lance play tomorrow at St. John's for a high school/ aau tournament. Pretty psyched, the first time I'll be seeing him play. Damnshame it will be the last time he ever steps foot in St. John's

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Georgetown > All of those places

If you can shoot...you'll see the floor...and a degree from Georgetown > Those Other Places

check for #34 launching a couple of 3s in the vid.

Back
Top Bottom