college kid dunks on LeBron; Nike takes the tapes

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

they prolly got this one locked up with the mcgrady tape :smh

are you talking about the TMAC dunk at the high school camp??? I read about that in some espn article, like the dude that got dunked on life went downhill fromthere. Like he's playing ball in siberia or something.

starks_300_080525.jpg

even the best get banged on
smh.gif
@ Lebron, what a diva
Lebron is really starting to show his true colors

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by TheFuture2236

Originally Posted by DubA169

I'm starting to think that lebron isn't built for new york, new york fans, the garden, and the new york media.

If stuff like this ruffles his feathers, he would be a dead man. This dude needs to get some heart and grow some balls.

tired.gif
I don't understand what's so bad about being dunked on. It shows that you were at least TRYING to block a shot. these superstar divas would rather look good and lose than win and look bad word to "white men can't jump"
QFT......I was thinking the same thing after this season ended. The way he left the floor after the Magic lost really made me think about that same thing

Wow....thats crazy that he cant act like anybody that plays the game of basketball at a high level (i.e AAU Basketball, College Basketball and Professional) will get dunked on or get crossed 1 time or another during a pick-up or a real game. LeBron.....that was a PUNK MOVE by you to do that.
Hadnt really thought of that. Since the NY media has been pretty much locked in on the Yankees. But your definitely right. Every shot the man would take in NY would be criticized. And in NY anything less than a Championship is a failure. He would get the Arod treatment as soon as he gets there. Love him when hes doing good, but when your not doing good you better watch out and not read the papers. They are ruthless.
Arod brings that **** on himself lol

But yeah we are known to ruthless fans... He would get an earful from fans if he was messing up. Like actually go at his basketball faults and IQ, not just boohim or curse. The media would chew him up and spit him out as well. I don't think he could handle it.

still no tape ? Damn someone in Cleaveland should pull a mission impossible to take that tape and sell it on Ebay for 250K
laugh.gif

that cameraman is a ({}).

if Lebron came up to me asking for the tape i would have been like "ok... take off your shoes"
laugh.gif

smh.gif
.........damn, what's the big deal?..

roll.gif
hahahahahahahahahaha Mister King can't take gettin' crammed on. That's some cowardish type nonsense.

smh at Lebron, I was on campus yesterday and nobody mentioned this either, word was Shaq was in attendance too

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

they prolly got this one locked up with the mcgrady tape :smh

are you talking about the TMAC dunk at the high school camp??? I read about that in some espn article, like the dude that got dunked on life went downhill from there. Like he's playing ball in siberia or something.

yup. exactly what im talkin bout.
smh.gif

2nd +@@%%-move this year .
smh.gif

I was starting to think that I was being a little bit too hard on him for no reason too .

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

starks_300_080525.jpg

even the best get banged on
smh.gif
@ Lebron, what a diva
Lebron is really starting to show his true colors
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Still can't believe people think MJ got dunked on in this one.He's like four feet away from Starks.

Anyways, this was definitely a #+!#$ move by LeBron. He's one of my favorite players but this was messed up. I really wanna see the video.

Ryan Miller: [The dunk] was good. I haven't looked online to read too much about it. It was as good as it could've been hyped up to be. LeBron's team actually lost two out of three games to these college guys. It was LeBron; Danny Green, the rookie; Christian Eyenga, the rookie; Tarence Kinsey, who's on the team; and one of LeBron's high school buddies. And Jordan Crawford blew by Danny Green, the kid from North Carolina on the Cavs. And LeBron came for some help defense, and they jumped at the same time, and he threw it down with two hands over LeBron. This is, like, a 6-foot-4 kid.

Interviewer: Man. So then, when you get word that they want your camera, then, how did that all break down?
Miller: It's funny because LeBron's team won that game, actually, [the one] with the dunk. And then LeBron's team lost the next game to the same group of college guys. And LeBron was just standing there, grabbing some water, 'cause it was winners stay on, so LeBron had to sit out a game. And I actually went up and introduced myself and said, "Hey, I'm Ryan Miller." LeBron's good friends with Jonny Flynn, and I know Jonny real well, and I was like, "[I'm] good friends with Jonny." Jonny gave me a little message to tell LeBron if I ended up seeing him. He's like, "Oh, where are you from?" I said, "Syracuse" - [it was a] "nice to meet you" type of thing. He's pretty friendly. Then two minutes later, I saw him go over to Lynn Merritt, the director of basketball at Nike, and then he was talking to him for a second, and then Lynn brought me and another camera guy over. We were the only two people filming - it was later at night - and they said, we need your tape. They claimed you weren't supposed to be shooting the college and the pro guys working out, and I was told earlier in the day that you could, and there was no media policy saying you couldn't. It had to have been because LeBron - he played terribly all day, actually. Those three games he played terribly. So my guess is he didn't want anybody seeing the footage. That's the only thing we could think of.

Interviewer: So when you get your camera or tape - so that tape is gone?

Miller: I don't know what happened to it. He originally claimed, well, like, these guys are just getting in shape right now, these Cavs guys. People don't need to be seeing 'em. He was kind of giving me the runaround with different excuses. There was a guy in charge of the media who took my tape, and he's like, "You know what, lemme just pass this by the Nike guys, and I'll give it back to you in the morning." But the next morning, he said the director at Nike actually wanted the tape himself, so I have no idea where it is.

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

118742.gif

One of the funniest things I've seen in the Sports Forum in a bit. Well done!

This is what I wrote in the Lebron thread:

SMH @ Nike confiscating the tapes of Lebron being slammed on recently. I'm just hearing about this.

Of course, this ain't Lebron's fault, but it adds to the collective kid gloves that this dude is treated with because his brand name has been promotedand advertised more than most other players in the league. Add this to the number of calls he gets in his favor from the refs, the benefit of the doubt hereceives from the higher ups in the NBA and the "can never do any wrong" attitudes he gets from his legion of fans -- it makes this guy the envy ofmany at the very least, if not the downright reason why the NBA tends to be looked at more and more as a league that is all about appearances than actualsubstance.

The biggest gripe I have about Lebron is him having a less-than-sincere aura/personality trying to appear humble when the mics and cameras are on him in oneinstance and then whoring himself out the mics and cameras when they're not on him. It's a fake sort of humility he tends to display imo.

Back
Top Bottom